JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws."
"Monte Carlo Simulation risk analysis indicates that 90% of the time, our boycott will reduce Starbucks stock price by an amount no rational company would allow."*

Because that doesn't have any resemblance to this:

Terrorism: the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

This is awesome. I'd join if I didn't have to work, but I'll sneak up to the Starbucks nearby and let them know why I'm there.

Don't forget, OC is illegal in some places without a valid CHL/CWP.

This is awesome. I'd join if I didn't have to work, but I'll sneak up to the Starbucks nearby and let them know why I'm there.

Don't forget, OC is illegal in some places without a valid CHL/CWP.

You should come up to the Starbucks on SW Main & SW 2nd Ave in downtown Portland at lunch time. If we can get 3-4 more people to commit to stop by then, I'll warn the store manager and the Portland Police a couple days ahead of time so they know to expect it.

And remember, UNLOADED open carry is just fine in any public location (or allowing private location, such as Starbucks) in Oregon, even without a CHL. (As always, check laws for yourself, etc, etc, etc.) Only LOADED open carry can be restricted to non-CHL holders.

I think I may visit a Starbucks around my neck of the woods.

I just may have to Virginia tuck. Unless a dropleg suits me that day.

And I don't like coffee.

I will be in the Starbucks in Port Orchard on the 14th at noon.

I also posted on the facebook for National Gun Victims Action Council the following:
Howdy, I wanted to let you know on Valentine's day I will be at Starbucks with a pistol on each hip and one in my pocket drinking a large black coffee and having a muffin. Stop and say hi in Port Orchard WA. about noon.

I can see them spinning up now.

Starbucks also has TEA and Cocoa.

You should come up to the Starbucks on SW Main & SW 2nd Ave in downtown Portland at lunch time. If we can get 3-4 more people to commit to stop by then, I'll warn the store manager and the Portland Police a couple days ahead of time so they know to expect it.

And remember, UNLOADED open carry is just fine in any public location (or allowing private location, such as Starbucks) in Oregon, even without a CHL. (As always, check laws for yourself, etc, etc, etc.) Only LOADED open carry can be restricted to non-CHL holders.

Charon, were you thinking noon? I could probably make that.

Hey All,

I just heard this from a friend on Facebook. The National Gun Victim's Action Council is announcing an ban on Starbucks on Valentine's day.

<broken link removed>

My primary problem with the NGAC approach is that banning guns covers up the real issue with a feel good bandage. Sure, it'll make you feel warm and fuzzy because you don't see the wound, but it won't stop the infection. Murder is, has and always will be a moral issue. Despite the utopian view, once cannot legislate a perfect society. We can encourage others to do the right thing, but it will always be up to the individual to willingly rebel. The NGAC was born out of a man's pain over his son being gunned down by a mentally ill person. My point is that if his son was carrying a firearm and properly trained in it's use he might be a survivor. However, that's unlikely, as his son was in San Diego, CA - and the San Diego Sherriff only allows concealed carry under 4 categories:

1. Protected law enforcement
2. Personal protection (w/ documented threats)
3. Security
4. Business

So, there was likely no way that Michael Fineman could have defended himself. Would a restaurant prohibition saved his life? No.

Jeffery Dahmer killed 17 people, the first with a dumbbell. A firearms prohibition wouldn't have saved any of them. Concealed carry might have.

I will be at Starbucks February 14th, with a hot chocolate, Colt 1911 MK IV, Series 70 and two magazines of Federal HST. Lord help any criminal that attacks while I'm there.

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

(Logo: Login)

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.WHY STARBUCKS? Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns)

Read more here: <broken link removed>

I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks Cofee, but I will plan on frequenting their shops as much as possible in the next couple of months, and urge others who support the 2nd Amendment to do the same.

This will put SOOOOO many people in a panic.
"How can I be cool and not go to Starbucks but be cool because I support a gun supporter? I NEED COFFEE...NOW"

This will work about one step above boycotting a brand of gas station.

You will be there the next day anyway.

And I already have the 'Guns and Coffee ' tee shirt,but will definitely be getting a Starbucks 2A shirt of some kind.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top