JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Should we start a SB location roll call thread?
Anybody gonna venture to the one in Camas?

Nope, but I'll be at the one beside Fred Meyers on 134th (Salmon Creek).

One thing to remember is that this is NOT just a one day boycott, it's just the first day, so we may have to keep repeating it. I don't like paying $5 for a cup of joe but it might be worth it in the long run. Still got a few $$ on my gift card.

I actually refer to Starbucks as, because you have got to be one to pay that much for coffee
That being said, they will get some of my money also, just to make sure that the loss they might feel from being boycotted by some of those NAGS is offset by a 2nd A supporter.

I think that kind of talk is illegal in Seattle bro...just sayin

I think that kind of talk is illegal in Seattle bro...just sayin

Maybe so but the worst that can happen is they will tell me how I hurt their feelings and that sort of talk is not very nurturing and maybe I just need to talk about how my negativity effect other and perhaps I just need to share with the group.

I will say that since Starbucks bought Seattle's Best they have very good hot chocolate.

What kinda coffee are you ladies drinking? Large black coffee is $2 :D

I'll be at the SW Jefferson location near BMW/MINI of Portland.

Charon, were you thinking noon? I could probably make that.

Yup, noon. Dang, I'll have to pick up that "Guns & Coffee" shirt I've been meaning to get...

(I rarely go to Starbucks, but I've made a point of going three times since this boycott was announced.)

I'll be at the SW Jefferson location near BMW/MINI of Portland.

Joe, you should come to the one just a couple blocks away on 2nd & Main. (Holy crap are there a ton of Starbucks in downtown Portland... I swear you literally can't go four blocks without running in to one. And if you throw in non-Starbucks coffee shops, it likely drops to 2 blocks.)

Also, just read on another forum that people are suggesting that when you buy something at Starbucks, you use a $2 bill. (One, to be noticed - while there are plenty in circulation, and they are still released in to circulation, they are fairly rare to be spent; two, to make the obvious reference to the second amendment.)

I think I'll be stopping by my bank to clean 'em out of $2 bills.

Also, just read on another forum that people are suggesting that when you buy something at Starbucks, you use a $2 bill. (One, to be noticed - while there are plenty in circulation, and they are still released in to circulation, they are fairly rare to be spent; two, to make the obvious reference to the second amendment.)

I think I'll be stopping by my bank to clean 'em out of $2 bills.

That is a very good idea!

I'm going to write I love guns and coffee on mine.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I get the feeling Starbucks tolerates open carry more than advocates for it, at least according to this:

<broken link removed>

Either way, I'm glad that they're not infringing on anyone's rights. And they make a good Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. :s0155:

NW gun rights activists ‘Coffee up’ as Starbucks posts profits

Earlier this week, this column noted yet another attempt by gun prohibitionists will be launched to bully Starbucks into refusing service to legally armed customers, and yesterday, the Seattle Times reported that the Seattle-based coffee giant has posted yet another profits gain.

<broken link removed>

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I get the feeling Starbucks tolerates open carry more than advocates for it,

Well, so what? The bottom line is that the store still caters to all customers. They don't have to endorse or advocate anything. They just serve patrons.

This idea that everyone or every entity must swear some kind of fealty to a cause is nonsense. If the person/store simply goes about their business without discriminating, that is actually the best position of all, as it suggests the cause is simply normal behavior.

Well, so what? The bottom line is that the store still caters to all customers. They don't have to endorse or advocate anything. They just serve patrons.

This idea that everyone or every entity must swear some kind of fealty to a cause is nonsense. If the person/store simply goes about their business without discriminating, that is actually the best position of all, as it suggests the cause is simply normal behavior.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Starbucks serving their customers equally. Since I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, of course I'm ok with people carrying in public. My point is, they don't seem to want to be involved one way or the other. Some of the attention this is generating is giving some people the impression that Starbucks is pro-gun, when they're actually just neutral. Like you said, they're merely going about business as usual and not discriminating either way. They're not like, "Sure, come open carry and use our coffee shops to make political statements". People shouldn't get the wrong impression. That's all I'm saying.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Starbucks serving their customers equally. Since I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, of course I'm ok with people carrying in public. My point is, they don't seem to want to be involved one way or the other. Some of the attention this is generating is giving some people the impression that Starbucks is pro-gun, when they're actually just neutral. Like you said, they're merely going about business as usual and not discriminating either way. They're not like, "Sure, come open carry and use our coffee shops to make political statements". People shouldn't get the wrong impression. That's all I'm saying.

They are only involved because WE,2A supporters,are willing to give them money on Valentines Day because some others want to boo hoo Starbucks for just serving legal customers.

We aren't really getting them involved,just giving them money

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top