JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I think the scurrying around at the last hour trying to buy a firearm is pretty comical. It's not as if the writing hasn't been on the wall for months. Kind of a dilema of a purchasers own making.

Even so, I don't think it's unreasonable for purchasers to expect more FFL's to be honoring the 3day and are rightly peeved a bit. I mean... that safeguard is in place for a reason and a perfectly valid extenuating and short term reason did present itself... so. Go figure!
I agree but i suspect a lot of folks (including me) did not think it would pass. So now perhaps folks are doing "opportunistic buying" to avoid the whole permit fiasco. In my case i thought about what additional firearms i thought i might buy in the next 5 or so years, and then simply moved the purchases up to now.

But is it a liability to follow federal firearms regulations? How many FFL's, who have released on the "3 day rule" and later the recipient turns up denied, end up in litigation?

That's an honest question, it's not like we hear about these cases. What's the ATF's stats on this I wonder….
Don't know but, I do know if me who's living was invested in a business here or OR I would not do this either. The anti gun climate among the people in charge in these states is very high and a LOT of gun owners support it. Either openly or by sitting on their hands. Anyone can I guess set up an FFL and open up shop if they want to show the others the "correct way". They should be able to make some money if it works. The Fed checks were never the problem, it was the state dragging their feet. Now unless I missed something is the often delay in OR the Feds or the State? I "thought" it was the State again there? If not? Then I would "guess" the FFL's have not as much as I thought to fear there. Its the state AG's in these rabid anti 2A places that scare me. The Mom & Pop place we used for decades retired now. After we lost the instant approval for hand guns here they let a couple of them walk for us after the 10 day wait but they still had not gotten the OK from the state. They did this because they knew us well. If shoe was on the other foot? I doubt I would have done what they did. I also would have kept shopping with them if they had told us they just did not want to take the risk. Its not the FFL's fault so many people who should know better sit out elections. Stomper has often warned people like this who scream for the courts to save them that they are playing a fools game. Do nothing and then say the courts will protect the rights they can't be bothered with trying to protect, like 2A.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top