JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
post deleted
I married one. She tolerates me.

When I took her shooting for the first time, she came out of the range and said "I LOVE to shoot, but I don't think I should be allowed to!"

We've gone from that humble beginning, over the course of 19 years, to her claiming my latest Ruger .22 as "hers". When I pointed out that small inconsistency, she said "let me clear that up for you. When I wish to be a gun owner, the Ruger is mine. When I wish to be a liberal, barking moonbat, it's yours. Any questions?"

She makes many of you look like fools, in spite of the fact that she would never stoop to calling any of you names.

That's my job.

And I'm a better shot.

Now, do I pick this, at the Starbucks nearest my work (which is also the one directly across the street from Portland Police central precinct - which often has uniformed officers present - up to and including the police chief,) to be my first open carry in the city of Portland?

If I can get others to commit to go, too, I think so. If we publicize it before-hand (to ensure we don't get a nasty police response,) we'd be fine. (There have been similar OC events in Portland Starbucks before - but there hasn't been a location across the street from central precinct for a previous one.)

Don't forget to dress appropriately.

I Love Guns & Coffee

Showed my wife this site this morning and she called me at 10:30 to tell me that she ordered me a shirt and a coffee cup for herself(to make the antis at her work nuts):s0155: We will be having starbucks the 14th.

B

Caden, would you be down with meeting up at the one right off of hwy 14? I am new to the OC thing, so what counts as a OC holster?
I was planning on my .357 in my father in laws service holster. Would that work?

Caden, would you be down with meeting up at the one right off of hwy 14? I am new to the OC thing, so what counts as a OC holster?
I was planning on my .357 in my father in laws service holster. Would that work?

You can OC in an IWB. I think they call it the Virginia tuck. Just tuck your shirt in behind the holster. Done!

I am more comfortable myself with an OWB with thumb break. However just having a holster that works properly and positively holds your sidearm well, and you are comfortable with is all that is needed.

Got it! I just wasnt sure if there was a % of the gun that had to be showing for it to be legit... Dont wanna be shot or thrown in the can on my first field trip.

For more information I would suggest checking out OpenCarry.org. They have a great forum there and there are quite a few guys that are quite knowledgable of the law. As well, the open carry scene in Washington state is quite active. If you have an interest in it, it would be a good place to check out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top