JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I too have a handicapped vehicle card... It just annoys me when healthy people take up a space at Wallyworld that another handicapped person could have used instead of having to walk the extra steps. But I've never said anything (would you believe) for fear of just such a confrontation. People are scary today.

Or if your wife, husband, or significant other has a handicap placard for them and you are alone and not handicapped you take advantage of the placard park in a handicap spot. I know past colleagues at number jof obs over the years that did that. :(

I know of a guy that got a ticket for parking with his wife's permit when she wasn't along. Apparently the cop saw a healthy, able bodied guy jump out of the car and go into the store. When he came out, the cop questioned him about the permit and he admitted it was his wife's.

He was upset about the ticket. He thought that so long as it was in the car he good to park in a handicapped spot. The cop told him no, the permit is for a disabled person, not a disabled vehicle. :)

What surprises me (actually not really considering MSM), but there is very little being talked about that the guy who was shot and killed parked in a handicapped spot. None of this would have happened at all if he parked in an appropriate location.

Not saying that the punishment fit the crime, but the the tragedy didn't start with the shove. It started when the doofus decided he could park in a handicapped spot, and it probably wasn't the first and only time he did so.

No, you're wrong. But it's a convenient argument ;)

Actually, he's not wrong. The shooter set the entire sequence of interaction in motion.

1) Dead guy and G/F park in handicapped spot (no interaction with another human)
2) Shooter comes over and begins interaction with g/f in parked car about the handicapped spot (1st interaction)
3) Dead guy comes out and shoves shooter down, drops hands and starts to walk away. (2nd interaction)
4) Shooter draws and fires, resulting in dead guy. (3rd interaction)

I'm of the opinion:
1) They shouldn't have parked in the handicapped spot, unless they had a tag
2) It wasn't the shooter's place to play "parking maid"
3) Based on things that have come out, it appears that the shooter had had that type of negative interaction with others previously.
4) Dead guy didn't need to shove him, I don't agree with it, but I understand why he did.
5) Shooter, IMO, got his pride bruised and went to the gun to 'win'
6) Shooter made a bad choice. period.

I foresee a potential criminal trial if the grand jury brings charges, regardless if the DA wants one or not. I also foresee a civil trial, which will probably bankrupt the shooter, or at the very least drain most/all of his financial resources.

The baby momma said "I park where I wanna park". The dead guy made the jump to violence. Backing up or winding up for a kick to the face. Without a clear surrender, such as running away or hands up, the shoot is JUSTIFIED. No arrest, no grand jury, no trial.

Unfortunately, the shooter is F'ed due to the media lynching including slowing down the recording playback between the shove and the shot to make it look like he had more than a second to actually decide shoot or no shoot.

The baby momma hit the lottery.

Or if your wife, husband, or significant other has a handicap placard for them and you are alone and not handicapped you take advantage of the placard park in a handicap spot. I know past colleagues at number jof obs over the years that did that. :(

I've seen it too... not cool!

What surprises me (actually not really considering MSM), but there is very little being talked about that the guy who was shot and killed parked in a handicapped spot. None of this would have happened at all if he parked in an appropriate location.

Not saying that the punishment fit the crime, but the the tragedy didn't start with the shove. It started when the doofus decided he could park in a handicapped spot, and it probably wasn't the first and only time he did so.

Being an azzhat brings bad karma eventually, sometimes, maybe. I'll bet the guy's (was) on the thug side of cultural norms.

The baby momma said "I park where I wanna park". The dead guy made the jump to violence. Backing up or winding up for a kick to the face. Without a clear surrender, such as running away or hands up, the shoot is JUSTIFIED. No arrest, no grand jury, no trial.

She did. She lost. Now she's all over the news crying. Boo hoo. But she's the one that texted "come save me from this crazy man", then got out of the car, putting her in close enough proximity to the "crazy man" that her beau took action.

Yeah, after all these posts I went back and watched various vids on Youtube over and over and over... I don't see the guy winding up for a kick, nor do I believe he is close enough for that. Nope, he's turning away when he sees the gun come out. Reading his posture I see non-aggression after the push... the fight is over. How is that not a clear surrender? But is that, a clear surrender, even necessary? His aggression has ceased, why does he need to signal surrender? Is that part of the law... if he doesn't surrender, you can kill him? And isn't backing up a form of "running away". For sure, the shoot was so quick that there was no time for the dead guy to think and put his hands up. Nope, just a vengeance kill... NOT JUSTIFIED.

Hah, we can keep at this forever, not gonna change a dang thing.

No, the tragedy started when some doofus cop wannabe with a gun and a history of racist harrassment towards store customers decided that he was going to become a self-appointed parking monitor.
If you want to be a bigot and holler at people for illegal parking, go ahead. But leave your gun at home.

"He flipped out on me called me every n-word, said he's going to shoot me," Kelly said. "He said he was going to kill me, and he went back to his truck, got something out of his truck and walked back up on me."

Not looking too good for the civil suit. :oops:

Edit: However, I'm still surprised at the number of people there that believe that compliance with handicap parking laws is optional. It's not too bad here in LG.

"He flipped out on me called me every n-word, said he's going to shoot me," Kelly said. "He said he was going to kill me, and he went back to his truck, got something out of his truck and walked back up on me."

Not looking too good for the civil suit. :oops:
Or his criminal trial, if it should come to that.

Originally Posted by Steve40th
Lots of armchair quartebacks here.
Lessons learned. Dont park in a illegal spot when there are many more Legal spots available.
I feel no sympathy for guy that physically assaulted someone.
Nice shot placement though..
White guy will be harrassed for days to come, but cant be sued thank God.
The Black guy was a 7 time felon, and had a history of aggravated assault and resisting arrest.. State is saving money on him now.
MCGLOCKTON, MARKEIS DEON
DOB: 3/28/1990

6/25/2008 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC, 784.045(1)(/F
6/25/2008 RESISTING ARREST W/VIOLENCE, 843.01/F
6/25/2008 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, 877.03/M
5/5/2009 SALE OF COUNTERFEIT DRUGS, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/10/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBS COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 SALE OR DELIVERY OF COCAINE, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, 893.13(6)(/M
9/21/2011 PETIT THEFT, 812.014(3)(A)/M
9/21/2011 DRIVING UNREGISTER VEHICLE *NCTC, 320.02(1)/M
9/21/2011 DWLSR *NCTC 1, 322.34(2)(A)/

DWLSR = Driving with License Suspended or Revoked
* NCTC = Non-Cooperative Target Classification

Read more: Man violently shoved, while letting them know they were illegaly parked in handicapped spot. - Politics and Other Controversies -Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Conservatives, Liberals, Third Parties, Left-Wing, Right-Wing, Congress, President - Page 95 - City-Data Forum

Looks like he has a record and was a 7 time felon.
None of these facts are relevant because none of them were known to the shooter when he made a decision to fire his gun at a man who was retreating.
And none of the crimes for which the deceased was convicted are deserving of the death penalty.
The shooter was a racist with a reported history of harassing and threatening black customers over parking at the store.
The fact that the guy who got shot had a criminal record does not matter. He is not the one who will be going on trial and facing a ruinous civil suit for killing someone.

There are credible reports that the shooter had a history of harrassing people over parking and making racist comments towards black customers of the store. Gunman confronted other man weeks before shooting

If what is said in this article is true, it sure paints a bad picture of the guy. Add that to the video that appears to show him firing after the imminent threat has passed, and it's hard to understand how he could avoid being charged criminally. I must not fully understand "Stand Your Ground", because I just can't see how it's entirely relevant here.

My criticism of the guy who got shot is entirely separate from the shooting, and has nothing to do with the culpability of the shooter or his race. The apparent murder is the big story, of course, but aside from that what bugs me is how many people seem to have no problem with assaulting someone over a verbal argument, as if that's somehow a reasonable and rational thing to do.

how many people seem to have no problem with assaulting someone over a verbal argument, as if that's somehow a reasonable and rational thing to do.

That's called "thuggery" and it's a lot more acceptable than it used to be in today's society. We see it every weekend or night in NFL, NBA, NHL, MMA wannabees, ... are we really surprised it's a thing?

In Chicago, that get you shot. In Seattle, Portland, or Berkeley, that get's you assaulted (antifa). Same in Compton, Wilmington, Paramount/Alondra, L.A., East L.A. (probly get killed)

Macho boyz, macho cultures... :rolleyes:

What I don't wanna see is the rise of vigilantes and cop wannabees as concealed or open carry becomes more common.

One thing that is being missed is, Girl parks in H-C Thug 1 gets out and leaves. Guy 2 comes up and says your in a H-C. Girl say's SO. Argument starts. Guy 1 comes out of store Girl gets out of car Guy 2 has no clue about Thug 1 and gets blind sided knocked to ground. So when you look at it in court first part does not mean a tinkers damn. The only part that will count is when Thug 1 started it. Now the part that is going to count Thug 1 violently pushed Guy 2 he hits the ground Thug 1 steps back to ready him self for further conflict Guy 2 pulls gun Thug 1 says AH SHEET turns to duck bullet. To late Guy 2 has already started to pull trigger can't stop it or the bullet. Lawyer will say it all happened so fast Guy 1 couldn't know what was going to happen next and protected himself form further injury and assault from maybe from girl also. Which happens a lot.
Now if it does go to court Guy 2 lawyer will show Girl is unreliable witness. 1 In vid she said no place else to park Vid shows other wise. 2 she said thought he was going to kill my whole family, nothing showing that. Past encounter with Guy 2 had will not have any effect because nothing come of it and will show Thug 1 was the bad guy by being way to aggressive.

One thing that is being missed is, Girl parks in H-C Thug 1 gets out and leaves. Guy 2 comes up and says your in a H-C. Girl say's SO. Argument starts. Guy 1 comes out of store Girl gets out of car Guy 2 has no clue about Thug 1 and gets blind sided knocked to ground. So when you look at it in court first part does not mean a tinkers damn. The only part that will count is when Thug 1 started it. Now the part that is going to count Thug 1 violently pushed Guy 2 he hits the ground Thug 1 steps back to ready him self for further conflict Guy 2 pulls gun Thug 1 says AH SHEET turns to duck bullet. To late Guy 2 has already started to pull trigger can't stop it or the bullet. Lawyer will say it all happened so fast Guy 1 couldn't know what was going to happen next and protected himself form further injury and assault from maybe from girl also. Which happens a lot.
Now if it does go to court Guy 2 lawyer will show Girl is unreliable witness. 1 In vid she said no place else to park Vid shows other wise. 2 she said thought he was going to kill my whole family, nothing showing that. Past encounter with Guy 2 had will not have any effect because nothing come of it and will show Thug 1 was the bad guy by being way to aggressive.

Thug=Black

Guy=White

Hm, we got a lot of thuggary, and thug labeling, since the guy is black. Is this not racially charged language when it really shouldn't matter either of their races.

@AndyinEverson

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews