JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Dude, how am I wrong in what I said? In any way? I'm open to learning, but to say that somehow everyone is up on the new language is ridiculous.

If the word has taken on negative meaning, I won't use it, but it's absurd to think that everyone knows the "new meaning". You can't condemn people for not knowing.

Interesting; I did a quick Google search and from the results I can see that the PC police have fully determined that the word "thug" is the new "N-word".

I will say two things about that. First, I always avoid inflammatory language. I see no point in deliberately offending anyone. If true racists have collectively decided that they want to use that word now as a racial slur, I will never use it. I don't want to be associated with that.

Second, if you think that anyone who uses the word "thug" is a racist, then you are really, really ignorant. I expect that there is a large percentage of the American population that has absolutely no idea that the word has taken on racist connotations. It's not a word that has any inherent racial meaning.

If you ignore the context and history behind the word then I can't help you. It's your choice to remain willfully ignorant of the history readily available to you. Do a little more research beyond a quick google search, that's just letting a computer with a biased answer tell you how to think. Maybe realize also you don't know much beyond your own experience which seems extremely sheltered and limited.

Dude, how am I wrong in what I said? In any way? I'm open to learning, but to say that somehow everyone is up on the new language is ridiculous.

If the word has taken on negative meaning, I won't use it, but it's absurd to think that everyone knows the "new meaning". You can't condemn people for not knowing.

No one said everyone, you did. But I'm secure that's I've been around those that use it in the negative enough to know it when I see it. You'll just have to trust my experiences with it. You're 25 if I caught it right, so you never lived through a very different time in this country, you've for a lot to learn If you're actually interested in knowing why I feel the Way I do.

Well, learn something new every day. I honestly had absolutely no idea that the word "thug" was racially loaded. Somehow I missed this in MY half century of life. I will be cautious to avoid using this word from now on.

I won't. What people think of proper English is their problem not mine.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
a violent person, especially a criminal.
synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;

I'm not saying that it's not racially loaded, I'm just saying that you can't expect everyone to know that.

You are quick with an insult, quick to condemn, quick to offend. You clearly enjoy a good fight and appear to get a kick out of tearing others down. I can't imagine you'll be here long unless you mellow a little bit.

I won't. What people think of proper English is their problem not mine.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
a violent person, especially a criminal.
synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;

Whatever, pal. Have fun with your dictionary.

To stop using common English words because others have twisted their meaning for racial motivation is to give in to pressure that groups of people create for political purposes. Identity politics is one of those purposes. Surely if someone calls me racist, I will back off, right? Guess what, it's so overused that many people of all colors don't care anymore. IMO Dr. King got it right, but today's radicals have changed things to where that's not good enough. According to university professors and such, we have to understand how race plays into everyone's life experiences. Ain' nobody got time for that except eggheads and radicals, the people that don't work and sit around thinking and talking about how others should live.

You're 25 if I caught it right,
Where in the heck did you get that idea? I was 25 a long, long time ago.

We all have our experiences that shape us. We've all seen stuff. We all have our beliefs and preconceptions. "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy". I am well aware of how much I don't know, how much I don't understand, how I'm likely wrong on some of my views, somehow, somewhere.

It's nice to see that at least someone has it ALL figured out. Constantly arguing, condescending, and belittling is unlikely to win you any friends, even when you are right. You are one of the most contrary and offensive people I've ever met.

I've been known to be contrary and offensive when I'm stressed out and had a bad day, so I'm hoping that's all it is.

I've been known to be contrary and offensive when I'm stressed out and had a bad day, so I'm hoping that's all it is.

If you are interacting with a certain recent member that I recently blocked... I don't think so. He's a verbal thug and seems to enjoy it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads