STAMP RECIEVED!!! Wait time estimator for NFA submissions.

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by NoLimePlease, Dec 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Yep. I confirmed that with one of the nicer ladies on the hotline. Exact same background check. If a peep comes up, in other words, anything but an instant pass, your paperwork gets sent to the FBI to have an actual person perform a background check. They sign off on it, then it goes back to the NFA to approve, issue stamp, and mail it.

Currently, something is going on within the FBI that has their portion of the manual background check taking an additional unknown amount of time to perform.

Me thinks, the FBI has gone rogue!:eek:

2. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Any idea how or why adding a single shot trust might increase the wait time? They're still just doing the background check on me since nobody else is listed as a trustee. I'm still preparing myself for at least 6 months even knowing my firearm approvals have all been instant.

3. Lazyfaire

Lazyfaire
    Tigard
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

And to add to that. Since I have purchased 3 times now on the same trust, and nothing has changed, why does it take so long to do it every time. I'm pretty sure they don't bother to read them, do you?

4. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No idea? They have my fingerprints, my photo and are able to do a full BGC on me I don't see why it would make a difference. It's a single item trust so I can only use the trust for the item it was designed for which is what the trust is named after. I'm just getting my feet wet in the NFA world.

5. wired

wired
    Yakima

It takes so long because it takes so long to get on their desk. Its a queue thing.