JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the description of the gun:

Nothing specific as to whether it was a DA or SA only but regardless - it HAD to be cocked to go off when spun.

Unless it was a Taurus. Or one of them wooden handled Glock or Sig320 revolvers. He really shoulda had the manual safety on. ;)

Note: I had a Ruger Bearcat... SA only. You really wouldn't want to spin that sucker loaded with the hammer in full cock... had about a 1/2lb trigger.

Last Edited:
It is sad though. 23 years old. Your brain doesn't even fully develop until closer to 30. Mix that with massive amounts of testosterone and good sense can go out the window. I know I did some dumb bubblegum when I was a kid that could have ended up killing me.

Fortunately proper gun handling was ingrained deeply into me from a very young age making good safety habits second nature. That's one area I didn't mess around with and something that should be more widely taught IMO.

This right here slimmer, how in the Hell did any of us on gun forums, being the gun nuts we are, make it past 30?:eek:

I used to own more d/a and s/a revolvers than my former 3 semi automatic pistols.

I never felt the NEED to twirl my former Ruger single action revolvers or my former Smith and Wesson double action revolvers.

I always figured that the movie stunt people, actors and professional 'shooters' could do that much better than I could even with an unloaded firearm.

Cate

I used to have a Ruger Blackhawk which I'd twirl when verified unloaded. It really had a nice balance for that. It isn't hard.

how in the Hell did any of us on gun forums, being the gun nuts we are, make it past 30?
For me I was not member of a gun forum at age 30 (heck I didn't have a computer) yet had already been shooting, hunting and reloading for about 15 years with safety and respect for firearms firmly in place for all this time.

Though the deceased was of questionable mental competence, to put it charitably, it is still sad an individual that young (23) left this Earth. I'm sure his mother, father, and girlfriend are all grieving something fierce right now. Here's hoping they find peace and resolution.

For me I was not member of a gun forum at age 30 (heck I didn't have a computer) yet had already been shooting, hunting and reloading for about 15 years with safety and respect for firearms firmly in place for all this time.

Gun forums didn't exist when I was 30. The internet didn't exist in its current commercial form. I could not afford a computer.

This right here slimmer, how in the Hell did any of us on gun forums, being the gun nuts we are, make it past 30?:eek:

Been a gun nut since I was of legal age to own one. I survived by having a huge awareness of their lethal capabilities in the hands of a dumbazz, and a determination not to be one.

Closest I've come was an AD/ND of a 12ga shotgun in a dark closet while trying to engage the slide release on an Ithaca 37 Deerslayer I had loaded up with buckshot because the Calif Mafia had threatened my family. When the crisis was over, I wanted it unloaded and stored. Buckshot thru the roof shingles.

Actually the for sure closest was when I had taken the kids and some of their friends shooting in the canyons near Alpine Calif. Before leaving the shooting area, I warned the kids again that no loaded guns were allowed. But I failed to actually check each kid. When going over one of the many bumps, I heard a loud "BANG" from the back of the pickup. Didn't think too much about it, with all the stuff rattling around, until all the kids were gone and when I unloaded my clay thrower, which was right behind my head, I found a hole in the metal and the remains of a .22lr bullet... close call!!!

Been a gun nut since I was of legal age to own one. I survived by having a huge awareness of their lethal capabilities in the hands of a dumbazz, and a determination not to be one.

Closest I've come was an AD/ND of a 12ga shotgun in a dark closet while trying to engage the slide release on an Ithaca 37 Deerslayer I had loaded up with buckshot because the Calif Mafia had threatened my family. When the crisis was over, I wanted it unloaded and stored. Buckshot thru the roof shingles.

Actually the for sure closest was when I had taken the kids and some of their friends shooting in the canyons near Alpine Calif. Before leaving the shooting area, I warned the kids again that no loaded guns were allowed. But I failed to actually check each kid. When going over one of the many bumps, I heard a loud "BANG" from the back of the pickup. Didn't think too much about it, with all the stuff rattling around, until all the kids were gone and when I unloaded my clay thrower, which was right behind my head, I found a hole in the metal and the remains of a .22lr bullet... close call!!!

I too can remember one as a young hunter carrying my dads 870 slung over the shoulder to go quake hunting. Some kids in the neighborhood followed too close when one of the kids reached for it and grabbed at the trigger area I pulled away & it went BOOM. Stupid kids!!!
I remember specifically making sure it was on safe when I left the house, as always, I knew and practiced gun safety.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top