JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd have to look at that with some significant scrutiny. Seems implausible that it would fire in DA mode from twirling it. And it seems equally implausible someone would twirl it in SA mode.

Who knows... but I'd like to know the angle of trajectory of the round and if she was dusted and if her prints were on the revolver.
Sad, but the story does have a faint odor to it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5B2AABD5-5335-4530-A73C-A7F419A5992E.gif

On another note, I met a couple of younger guys at the pit I frequent Sunday, we chatted then the tall one asked have you ever shot a 9 mm bullet out of a 40 Smith & Wesson gun??? :eek::eek::eek: No Shirt!!!!o_O

Last Edited:
It is sad though. 23 years old. Your brain doesn't even fully develop until closer to 30. Mix that with massive amounts of testosterone and good sense can go out the window. I know I did some dumb bubblegum when I was a kid that could have ended up killing me.

Fortunately proper gun handling was ingrained deeply into me from a very young age making good safety habits second nature. That's one area I didn't mess around with and something that should be more widely taught IMO.

I'm 100% doubting the accuracy of this claim. This was a homicide or a suicide, not a negligent "revolver spinning" accident.

Go unload your revolver and try it yourself. MAKE SURE IT'S UNLOADED.

In DA, it's impossible to fire it by spinning it.

In SA, I've tried many times with the hammer cocked. I cannot get my revolver to fire unless I really try to and in that case it's NEVER pointed at myself given the geometry of the gun. It takes real effort to make it fire. When the barrel is pointed at myself, my finger rests harmlessly on the bottom inside of the trigger well. Not touching the trigger.

Maybe his revolver is different than the 2 EMPTY Rugers I have here, but the physics IMO don't work out to be able to point it at your chest AND fire it because your finger and the weight of the gun distribution and the centrifugal force don't work that way.

I suspect foul play.

[I checked 10 times to make sure the gun is unloaded, and there is no ammo anywhere near me while doing this test.]

As Trump might say "Just more flake news out of Spokanastan". :rolleyes:

To leadcounsel, me thinks you underestimate the abilities of stupidity.:s0103:

The Law of the Jungle is a strong force.
The weak-minded will not survive.

I just have to figure you don't drive around inner potland that much? Those types are well protected here. And yes, the do breed.

On another note, I met a couple of younger guys at the pit I frequent Sunday, we chatted then the tall one asked have you ever shot a 9 mm bullet out of a 40 Smith & Wesson gun??? :eek::eek::eek: No Shirt!!!!o_O

I've done that. :oops: The case expanded to fit the chamber, just as deep as the bullet was seated. Bullet hit about 8" off target, tumbling. Primer punched just barely off center. CZ SP01 didn't cycle. No harm done. Never repeated since.

Anyone ever fire a .32 spl. out of a .410? :eek:
As a kid, I always used to wonder if it would work.o_O
I never was dumb enough, or had guts enough to try it.:p
@ 80 I've still got all of my fingers. :)

Fire formed a lot of .22 Hornets to K-Hornets.:D
Not much excitement there.:rolleyes:

"Finally Irving got three slugs in the belly.
It was right outside the Frontier Deli.
Irving stood there twirling his gun around,
and "Butterfingers" Irving gunned himself down."

I suppose that I should feel SAD about this news story but I do not. Another dumb bunny doing something STUPID not only once but twice. I guess that he did not learn his lesson the first time that he shot himself!

I am shocked that he did not injure or kill someone else.

I just read this story to my husband and he thinks that it smells fishy.

Condolences to his family.

Cate

I used to own more d/a and s/a revolvers than my former 3 semi automatic pistols.

I never felt the NEED to twirl my former Ruger single action revolvers or my former Smith and Wesson double action revolvers.

I always figured that the movie stunt people, actors and professional 'shooters' could do that much better than I could even with an unloaded firearm.

Cate

I'm 100% doubting the accuracy of this claim. This was a homicide or a suicide, not a negligent "revolver spinning" accident.

Go unload your revolver and try it yourself. MAKE SURE IT'S UNLOADED.

In DA, it's impossible to fire it by spinning it.

In SA, I've tried many times with the hammer cocked. I cannot get my revolver to fire unless I really try to and in that case it's NEVER pointed at myself given the geometry of the gun. It takes real effort to make it fire. When the barrel is pointed at myself, my finger rests harmlessly on the bottom inside of the trigger well. Not touching the trigger.

Maybe his revolver is different than the 2 EMPTY Rugers I have here, but the physics IMO don't work out to be able to point it at your chest AND fire it because your finger and the weight of the gun distribution and the centrifugal force don't work that way.

I suspect foul play.

[I checked 10 times to make sure the gun is unloaded, and there is no ammo anywhere near me while doing this test.]

You're assuming he was any good at twirling it. As noted the article was scarce on details, but twirling a revolver and losing control in the process can easily result in a discharge when grabbing the out of control gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top