JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: New York Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase. "Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer's proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm."

"A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm," Adams explains.

The two are hoping to identify any hate speech on social media profiles, which are often revealed only after someone is arrested in a mass shooting.

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: New York Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase. "Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer's proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm."

"A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm," Adams explains.

The two are hoping to identify any hate speech on social media profiles, which are often revealed only after someone is arrested in a mass shooting.

OMG!!!!

Next, they'll want to find out about my web surfing. Adult content sights.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

OMG!!!!

Next, they'll want to find out about my web surfing. Adult content sights.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Read above - in addition to 3 years of social media, they also want to search 1 year of browsing history. Yep, they want to know everything you do online.

There is so much constitutional infringement in this proposed bill to be laughable.

Honestly, what would they do with the social media and internet searches? Look to see if you EVER said anything negative about the government? If you ever wished ill will on anyone, anywhere? Look to see if you ever searched terms that THEY find offensive or dangerous? The level of bad on this is staggering, and honestly, no one should support such a measure, regardless of their political views. It is a violation of our privacy and freedom of speech that probably exceeds just about anything they've tried before. And while this may be aimed solely at gun owners, once you've given the government this power, it WILL get used in many very bad ways.

The people that bring bills like this forward should be removed from office and tried for treason.

And that right there will probably get me put on their new 'naughty' list o_O

etrain,

You're RIGHT.

So they'll have no fear about me owning a gun......perhaps, I should just send them my picture?

Democrat_Restroom.png

Aloha, Mark

Didn't know hate speech was grounds for denial of our 2A rights.:confused:
What is the definition of hate speech? Madonna said she was thinking about killing the president. Kathy Griffin holds a bloody head of Trump. Are those examples. What if you "like" someone else's comment. Is that hate speech?

All the amendments are supposed to remove power from the government to act on the people. This would be government giving themselves the authority to ignore power they don't have.

I thought FB, Twitter, et al were locking and purging divisive or hateful speech. How's the G supposed to find it if Zuckerberg has already shut it down?

You lefty bozos are gonna have to pick a train and get on it. Several years ago there was a Brit parlimentarian who wanted to fingerprint every newborn. This dumbnutz didn't even have the common decency to lie about it and try to pass it off as a way to identify children should they go missing. No, the nanny-statist hedged his bets on his subjects being so cowed by the government that he came right out and said it was to be able to ID the little darlings when they grow up to be criminals.

Cowed, yes, but not to the point of indecency and I believe his cockamamie scheme died at a very young age.

What is the definition of hate speech? Madonna said she was thinking about killing the president. Kathy Griffin holds a bloody head of Trump. Are those examples. What if you "like" someone else's comment. Is that hate speech?

All the amendments are supposed to remove power from the government to act on the people. This would be government giving themselves the authority to ignore power they don't have.

Hate speech is defined as any utterance from a conservative and/or 2A supporter

Granted, there are groups that are hated and told as such constantly by others, but, I'm fairly certain that half of everything that was said to me between the ages of 8 to 20 could have been considered hate speech, at least within the guidelines that other people in the millennial age group have decided upon.

From what I can gather, "hate speech" is nothing more than having something said to you that you don't like.
Boss doesn't like how you're doing at work and says so? Hate speech.
Need someone out of your way, so you can get off the bus, and you say so? Hate speech.
Coach wants you to run those laps faster, and says so?
You guessed it.
Hate speech.

Now, of course, if you're a white male or a conservative, you simultaneously can't complain about anything, and are the main complaint in regards to anything. And everything you say is hate speech.

And what makes one unsuitable? If you search for suicide are you unfit? If you were trying to prevent one is that different? Guns? Would that prohibit you? Look up a crime in the news? Are a copycat waiting to strike?

Post that you don't like white people or Jews or blacks? Unfit now? Say you'd like to see trump strung up from a light post?

Speech is free in a public context. If you can think it you can say it except for narrowly defined areas of immediate threat that you might actually carry out.

Government should never scrutinize your speech to exercise a right.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top