JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than NWFA I don't participate in social media. I always figured that TPTB would start finding ways to turn it against you anyway. No big surprise that NY is the first to dip their toe into that water. Just wait until they start integrating AI (SAI) into everything. Or I should say just wait until the start integrating everything into AI (SAI) .
Then it will be, "step up to the monitor each Friday and confess your sins".

Gun purchasers may need to submit social media history under proposed New York legislation.

The one job I applied to I had left the FB link blank.
They seemed almost incredulous that I didn't have a FB or any other page dedicated to the inane ramblings about myself.

Gun purchasers may need to submit social media history under proposed New York legislation (Fox News)

Those looking to buy a gun in New York may need to submit their social media profiles and search history prior to purchase if new firearm legislation in the state becomes law.

Under the legislation drafted by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and State Senator Kevin Parker, both Democrats, up to three years' worth of search history on social media would be able to be reviewed, ABC Action News reported.

Senate Bill 9191, according to WHAM, mandates "social media and search engine reviews prior to the approval of an application or renewal of a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver; requires a person applying for a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver or a renewal of such license to consent to having his or her social media accounts and search engine history reviewed and investigated for certain posts and/or searches over a period of 1-3 years prior to the approval of such application or renewal; defines terms."

Under the proposed legislation, law enforcement officials could investigate "commonly known profane slurs used or biased language used to describe race, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, disability or sexual orientation; threatening health or safety of another person, or an act of terrorism."

Gun purchasers may need to submit social media history under proposed New York legislation

The say it will probably never happen as it may violate a few other constitutional laws but hay it's the thought that counts.

So remember folks you may have free speech and the second amendment but if you use either one we will find you and punish you or nuke you, you AR15 owning mass murders..

I wonder what the libtards will do when folks like me have NO social media history.

God said your life is your own, and your body is a temple. The shadow people have been collect EVERY bit of social media for a reason, and its not a good one.

So I like my social history, like the Libs like their voters....

Undocumented.

I wonder what the libtards will do when folks like me have NO social media history.

God said your life is your own, and your body is a temple. The shadow people have been collect EVERY bit of social media for a reason, and its not a good one.

So I like my social history, like the Libs like their voters....

Undocumented.

What do you call this?o_O

If you have a Facebook under a fake name can that be traced to you ?
IP address. Bookface can suck up anything digital about you. You don't have to have an account with them. If you even visit someone's FB page they start a file on you.

And what would they do with thousands of pages of posts?

Anything you say no matter how vile or racist is protected inleds it is a direct. Creditable actionable event

They going to stop your gun because they don't like your opinion?

This is just a law designed to get overturned.

A year after I left the Marines I deleted my Facebook account; didn't see much need in social media. After a short time as a civilian I realized it was a pretty good way to keep in touch with a lot of Marines (and a few Corpsman) that would otherwise fall off the radar. I made a few rules that have seemed to work in the following years.

1. Be positive. No need to contribute negativity to the world. If there is a complaint it doesn't belong on social media. Call the best friend or corral the spouse and get your grievances out...but don't blast them in public.
2. Nothing political one way or the other. I have strong convictions but if someone is off kilter I'll talk to them one on one. No need to go jumping into a social media thread and getting into an argument.
3. Plant positivity. There is a lot wrong with the world...but we can all encourage a better community, neighborhood, town, state, and country if we focus on what unites us.

So all in all I have social media...but like anything in life it is a tool that I control. Make a positive impact in life and you'll go far,

Semper Fi.

And just HTF are you supposed to submit "search history results", and believe it or not... unless you count NWFA, I literally do not have a "social media" presence, not Twitter, not FB, not Linked In, not Instagram, not SnapChat, not Tinder (LOL).... none of it. :rolleyes:

Just a far fetch idea since politicians actually are our employees, how do we get access to their private accounts? Just saying.

What good would this do when we have plenty of real accounts of people screaming to the government that this person is naking statements about killing people, this group is taking flying lessons but not landing lessons, ect. They get investigated and the authorities say, nothing to see here?

If the government could prove they had their **** together or a budget, mind you, maybe fewer people would be buying guns in the first place.

Last Edited:
And just HTF are you supposed to submit "search history results", and believe it or not... unless you count NWFA, I literally do not have a "social media" presence, not Twitter, not FB, not Linked In, not Instagram, not SnapChat, not Tinder (LOL).... none of it. :rolleyes:
So the Stomper on Tinder is not you?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads