JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A passage from Ayn Rand seems fitting...

D6D52973-952C-49B6-9C0B-E3D5EAAE3BAF.jpeg

Wow. I feel bad for kids these days and this one in particular. Between social media and the absolute inability of people and government to comprehend edgy humor, coupled with the lack of experience kids have about such things, kids are screwed.

Anyone with half a brain knows his comment of "making snowflakes melt" simply means them (said snowflakes) seeing his firearm would get "triggered". People use that same expression when buying meat/BBQing, driving a big diesel truck.. pretty much doing anything that isnt limp wrist green liberal nonsense.

IMO, It in no way is a threat towards people nor should it have been taken that way.

Its amazing they are wasting time and resources on this.. I hope his school has to pay out big time for railroading this kid.

"The prosecution also noted that "it's not a defense… that the defendant did not have the intent or ability to commit terrorism,"

Uhhh... I think it is.

Putting aside the purely political nature of the prosecution, they're going after him for a percieved threat. Was he making a threat, or just spouting off?

Thought-crime prosecution requires PROVING INTENT... numnutz.

"The prosecution also noted that "it's not a defense… that the defendant did not have the intent or ability to commit terrorism,"

Uhhh... I think it is.

Putting aside the purely political nature of the prosecution, they're going after him for a percieved threat. Was he making a threat, or just spouting off?

The frightening thing is the the expansion of crimes in which intent is irrelevant is ongoing and accelerating: StackPath

Proof of mens rea—a guilty mind—has traditionally been required to punish someone for a crime because intentional wrongdoing is more morally culpable than accidental wrongdoing; ... But that has changed as legislators and regulators have begun to see the criminal justice system, not as a forum for ascertaining moral blameworthiness and meting out punishment accordingly, but as just another tool in the technocratic toolbox for shaping society and preventing social harm.

... an average citizen would not stop to consider whether picnicking in an undesignated area in a federal park is a crime before opening up her lunchbox. Such conduct is prohibited—and prosecutable—only because a legislature or bureaucrat has said that it is. In recent decades, this category of offenses has become so voluminous that no one, not even Congress or the Department of Justice, knows precisely how many criminal laws and regulatory crimes currently exist. Many of these offenses are vague, overly broad, or highly technical, and they criminalize conduct that is not obviously morally wrong. This results in a vast web of criminalized conduct that creates risks for an unwary public. Numerous morally blameless individuals and companies end up unwittingly committing acts which constitute crimes, and some of them get prosecuted for that conduct.

Uhhh... I think it is.

So, if a threat is "perceived", is that on the person who spoke the words, or on the person that heard the words???

"What you "heard" is not necessarily what I "said""!!!

"Such conduct is prohibited—and prosecutable—only because a legislature or bureaucrat has said that it is."

Those laws are called Malum Prohibitum, something I made myself familiar with a few yrs ago.

"Malum prohibitum (plural mala prohibita, literal translation: "wrong [as or because] prohibited") is a Latin phrase used in law to refer to conduct that constitutes an unlawful act only by virtue of statute, as opposed to conduct that is evil in and of itself"

"Show me the man, I'll show you the crime"

The department heads of universities are supposed to be educated individuals with abilities to think and react at high levels. Looks like that is not the case. After the school gets the living snot sued from them it would be wonderful for all those involved be fired. This is a clear case of bullies bullying young adults. Small people can't handle authority.

Anyone with half a brain knows his comment of "making snowflakes melt" simply means them (said snowflakes) seeing his firearm would get "triggered". People use that same expression when buying meat/BBQing, driving a big diesel truck.. pretty much doing anything that isnt limp wrist green liberal nonsense.

IMO, It in no way is a threat towards people nor should it have been taken that way.

Its amazing they are wasting time and resources on this.. I hope his school has to pay out big time for railroading this kid.
Seems the fact that he is in jail, without bond, and going through this debacle is proof enough that the snowflakes have, in fact, melted.

This is the kind of case that would traditionally bring out huge media attention and the ACLU fighting for the defendant free of charge.

Oh, wait, it's the second amendment under threat? That's right, the ACLU can't be bothered.

A kid with no priors is now held in jail side by side actual felons with no chance of bail and for what? Because someone took offense at his joke, even if ill conceived?

The sad part is that offended girl probably sleeps soundly thinking she stopped a mass shooting...never having any doubt about it and not realizing that even if this kid gets out of this unscathed, that she's taken months and months of his life away from him.

So, if a threat is "perceived", is that on the person who spoke the words, or on the person that heard the words???

"What you "heard" is not necessarily what I "said""!!!

It comes down who is in authority. With a criminal code so vast it is literally unknowable, and knowledge being irrelevant, every person can be prosecuted for something. This turns our society from one that is supposed to be based on the rule of law, into one based on who has power. Very third world in my view.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top