JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was surprused to hear our admin say we have a soft tolerance vs a zero tolerance policy for discipline this year. Apparently the district wants to get away from the zero tolerance verbage and the expectations the go along with it.

I about fell outta my chair when I heard that one of my granddaughters got suspended for having the audacity to bring a metal spoon to eat her pudding. It's no wonder kids are so wimpy that the mere sight of a firearm sends them scurrying to the nearest corner to suck their thumb in fear. It appears they're being taught to fear everything.

(Sung to the ending of Pink Floyd's The Wall)

If you don't have a spoon you can't eat your pudding! How can you eat your pudding if you don't have your spoon?

:rolleyes:

I would love... absolutely love it if they did this to one of my family.
Brace yourself...

l would be upset with my kid if they posted an ambiguous video involving ANY firearms to social media. With the world focus on mass shootings, it was irresponsible and insensitive. Loveland is within an hour driving distance of Columbine High School and Highlands Ranch. I would expect the pubic to be vigilant.

There is nothing wrong with the video of the kid out target shooting with his mom. It was not the reason he was suspended, it just happened to be what he was doing that day.

The problem is the video he posted before he went on that outing, it lacked intention and purpose.

The school has a threat assessment protocol.... Good! More schools should! Stop focusing on trying to take away my 2A rights and Focus on that protocol! That effort will be more productive in reducing school shootings.

Social Media strikes again...If you take your kids for a day of shooting be wary of posting as this legal activity is scary to snowflakes.
Ridiculous overreaction of course. Loveland school is just a ways north of Columbine, CO. So they are probably overly paranoid.

Edit: Oops just noticed Yvette posted the same thing re location just before me. Sorry I didn't see it and I'm not trying to copy what u wrote (I hate it when ppl do that).

Last Edited:
Just got back from Colorado. Interesting politics there. Here is a pic of a weed shop (see sign on left) right next to a muzzleloader shop. This shop is in the most liberal town (not loveland) in a very conservative county. In that county it seemed to me everyone got along.
3AA2E086-45C9-4242-8071-39270CEFE56B.jpeg
I imagine it's different in the more urban Denver and suburbs but just guessing.

Last Edited:
Is there any ground being made on repercussions for people making false and baseless claims (aside from civil suits)?

The objective side of me understands the desire for ERPOs, but the realistic side of me knows the abuses that will (and already are) happening. This country was based on checks and balances...not seeing them here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews