JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Social Media strikes again...If you take your kids for a day of shooting be wary of posting as this legal activity is scary to snowflakes.

Maybe I ought suspend myself and not teach this year....:eek::D

To suspend someone for doing a legal and safe activity ...after school hours and not on school grounds or at a school function....is not right at all.
Andy

I think they need to ferret out the kid that was so shaken up by it and get them some psychiatric help.
I agree completely and Who is to say it was a kid who called this 'Safe2tell' information line? It could have been some snowflake parent playing on there kids' snapchat page or however it works.

Regardless this part is what burns my butt:
However, Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams said the line has been dubbed "Safe2Swat," by kids who use the line for both practical jokes and to get even with other students they may have a conflict with.
Knowing this happens should be enough to shut this Safe2tell reporting system down for good!

To suspend someone for doing a legal and safe activity ...after school hours and not on school grounds or at a school function....is not right at all.
Andy

I about fell outta my chair when I heard that one of my granddaughters got suspended for having the audacity to bring a metal spoon to eat her pudding. It's no wonder kids are so wimpy that the mere sight of a firearm sends them scurrying to the nearest corner to suck their thumb in fear. It appears they're being taught to fear everything.

Andy
I fear there will be a day Andy were you may lose your job over pictures from the internet.

I pray this never happens, sadly it is becoming more prevalent however.

My wife is a county employee and we are extremely cautious of her online presence because all it takes is one ahole to make things stupid. She essentially has no social media accounts. I often worry about the few pictures I have posted here of her shooting things like the 50bmg.

Stupid world we live in, but when you can lose a livelihood over it, it's simply not worth it to have a social media presence.

When my daughter was in third grade, she was chasing some of her friends around at recess, and said "I'm going to kill you" to the boy she was chasing, laughingly. (what third grader doesn't joke like that)? A teacher heard her say that, and she was suspended for 2 weeks, and not allowed back to school until she was evaluated and deemed safe to reenter by a therapist at our expense. This was a while back, so now they would probably lock down the school and call in the SWAT team for the same occurrence. :confused:

Last Edited:
Wow. Beyond:

1FB8A0FC-E96D-4658-B72E-425B9499B63E.jpeg

If someone is scared, offended, or misunderstands a perfectly legal activity they heard someone else did.

Just wow.

The founders of this country must be rolling in their graves. What a bunch of whiny, scared, spineless pansies so many Americans have become. Doomed to live in fear at the sight of their own shadow.

As a society we've become weak. Parents that coddle their children will reap a generation that won't have the coping skills nor critical thinking to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. To hell w/ your participation trophies.

Long read from Jonathan Haidt, but worth it. Here's the part most relevant to the current thread:
How did we get here?
... the answer probably involves generational shifts as well. Childhood itself has changed greatly during the past generation. Many Baby Boomers and Gen Xers can remember riding their bicycles around their hometowns, unchaperoned by adults, by the time they were 8 or 9 years old. In the hours after school, kids were expected to occupy themselves, getting into minor scrapes and learning from their experiences. But "free range" childhood became less common in the 1980s. The surge in crime from the '60s through the early '90s made Baby Boomer parents more protective than their own parents had been. Stories of abducted children appeared more frequently in the news, and in 1984, images of them began showing up on milk cartons. In response, many parents pulled in the reins and worked harder to keep their children safe.

The flight to safety also happened at school. Dangerous play structures were removed from playgrounds; peanut butter was banned from student lunches. After the 1999 Columbine massacre in Colorado, many schools cracked down on bullying, implementing "zero tolerance" policies. In a variety of ways, children born after 1980—the Millennials—got a consistent message from adults: life is dangerous, but adults will do everything in their power to protect you from harm, not just from strangers but from one another as well.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads