JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this story is even true (which I doubt considering the source) the kid was stupid AF for posting that. People forget that anything they put on the internet is legally published. Including this site...

Show me the kid has never done something "stupid AF" -- that's sort of a natural part of being a kid and to hold someone with very little life experience to a standard that requires him to be a mind reader of everyone, from the insane to the reasonable, is to hold him to an impossible standard. Heck, I couldn't pass that test myself now or 40 years ago.

My only advantage is that when I was growing up, I didn't have what then would have then been six figures worth of TV equipment that fit into my pocket nor the ability to broadcast my stupidity worldwide.

Show me the kid has never done something "stupid AF" -- that's sort of a natural part of being a kid and to hold someone with very little life experience to a standard that requires him to be a mind reader of everyone, from the insane to the reasonable, is to hold him to an impossible standard. Heck, I couldn't pass that test myself now or 40 years ago.

My only advantage is that when I was growing up, I didn't have what then would have then been six figures worth of TV equipment that fit into my pocket nor the ability to broadcast my stupidity worldwide.

True, I just hate it when gun owners make gun owners look bad.

Sorry. That kid was a situationally unaware poser on social media. Sorry he's screwed, but he brought it on himself. Who, into guns, doesn't know that guns are triggers and that issuing vague threats might be an issue?

Sorry. That kid was a situationally unaware poser on social media. Sorry he's screwed, but he brought it on himself. Who, into guns, doesn't know that guns are triggers and that issuing vague threats might be an issue?

This is worth a two decades in the slammer? Ever see a Charlton Heston quote on a bumper sticker? Do you really think that's different than this "unaware poser"?

Unless something is missing from the story, I fail to see a direct threat outside of the one against the 1A. Also, in the original story, didn't he have his firearm stored per school requirements?

If this is allowed to be the standard be free in America it's a lousy standard. Justice? Is the public any safer? Seems more like a prosecutor with an agenda.

Kids do stupid stuff all the time....
So do many adults.
What the happened to the kid in the OP was a over the top and unwarranted reaction.

What the kid posted in the OP was in my opinion unwise and poorly worded.
Again as I pointed out in my first post here in the thread....I have also seen much of the same types postings here in our forum.

Now to be sure , we are a gun forum ...so one expects to see pictures of guns and folks posing with them...as well as strong sentiments regarding firearms , the 2nd Amendment and the like...

Posting the same on twitter or whatever is not a good idea....
Regardless of one's 1st Amendment Rights or just the having the ability to post what you want , etc...

Like it or not...
Many folks are scared of guns and gun owners...
What one does with a gun in view of the general public , will be seen as how all gun owners think and act...as well as having the potential of showing the gun itself in a bad light.

Let the OP serve as an example of the way things could go for you....when you post about guns or are out and about , doing anything with your firearms.

Please note that I am not in favor of what happened with the kid in OP...
Nor am I happy with the general perception of guns and gun owners as presented by most media....

Just saying to be careful with what you say , post and how you present yourself with firearms...
As people's perception may mean more than the truth at times.
Andy

Liberal thinking, coupled with Liberal standards of the interpretations of a simple statement made by a conservative, can often be twisted to fit a political agenda. :eek:

But......don't count on a "Jury of your peers".

Especially, when the media and liberals have redefined what words (and behaviors) are "acceptable" in todays world.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....remember.....that smiling kid that was pictured with the "Native American" in the face to face stand off? He was guilty......until he won (?or was it actually "settled") his lawsuit against the news media. All the while the Liberals loved it. Rrrrright......smiling faced white kid vs. a "Native American". Even today......to some it's a graphic picture of, RACISM and WHITE PRIVILLEGE?!?!:eek:

Last Edited:
an-vietnam-veteran-maga-hat-teens-CREDIT-KC-NOLAND.jpg

Rrrrright.....must have been that hat that set off so many people.

Aloha, Mark

Imagine if it had been a picture of himself at a voting booth with the same caption.

I don't care if some rights do scare people that is not something that should lead to this heavy handed reaction.

This just proves that the bigotry fear and hatred towards a particular class of people has reached massive civil rights violation level in the world.

Thank you for sharing more of the ugliness of my fellow Americans, I'm having a harder time calling them that now adays.

I don't care if some rights do scare people that is not something that should lead to this heavy handed reaction.

I do agree wholeheartedly with the " not something that should lead to this heavy handed reaction."
You are absolutely correct.

But one should also care if some Rights do scare people...as those people also vote and can influence opinion against you.

Please note that I am not saying that one should compromise a Right or what one believes in....
Just saying that other folks will think and believe differently than you do....and that they can be a force to be reckoned with....
Andy

Those who that can do...those who can't teach...

Personally I dislike this phrase...
As I Teach and do many things ...as well as having done many things.

I might even go so far as to say that I have done things , that many on this forum have not done or would not do.

Now please note that I am not attacking anyone here in this thread that has posted or used this quote....
I am simply stating my intense dislike like of this quote...
As well as stating that it does not hold true for every teacher out there.....
Andy
Same with "jack of all trades, master of none."

I prefer "jack of all trades, master of one". You don't get your man card issued, in my book, until you're a Renaissance man.

Now to be sure , we are a gun forum ...so one expects to see pictures of guns and folks posing with them...as well as strong sentiments regarding firearms , the 2nd Amendment and the like...

Posting the same on twitter or whatever is not a good idea....

It is worth noting that the kid posted to a private instagram group and a member of that private group showed the picture to a non-member. This forum is publicly viewable and although I don't use instagram, I presume a private group would not be publicly viewable. So it may be that his posting was done more judiciously than some postings I see here are.

Personally, I've stopped posting photos of anything I own, or even myself, anywhere. Maybe I'm being whimp, maybe I'm giving them a win, but when I looked at the kid's gofundme page, he's gotten about $1500 to help out with the defense costs, which might as well be zero. I look at that and realize that if I end up on the wrong side of a twitter mob or some individual whacko, the negative impact is on me personally: Justice for Lucas organized by Adam De Angeli

That page also indicates that he had planned on being a police officer but this arrest will make that impossible (I don't know if this is true, perhaps an officer member could comment). If nothing else, he's at least a semester behind in college and will face a lifetime of struggle with job interviews now that he has Google's scarlet letter branded on his forehead. Nobody is paying that price but this kid.

"Those who CAN, do. Those who CAN'T, teach.... or inspect for a government agency."
The version I heard;
"Those that CAN, do, those that CAN'T, teach, those that CAN'T TEACH, legislate."

Those who can't do ANYTHING legislate.

Those who that can do...those who can't teach...

Personally I dislike this phrase...
As I Teach and do many things ...as well as having done many things.

I might even go so far as to say that I have done things , that many on this forum have not done or would not do.

Now please note that I am not attacking anyone here in this thread that has posted or used this quote....
I am simply stating my intense dislike like of this quote...
As well as stating that it does not hold true for every teacher out there.....
Andy

Sorry @AndyinEverson !! There ARE exceptions to that rule, you obviously being one of them!

In my experience... a good portion (but not all, mind you) of teachers are "intellectuals" and couldn't work their way out of a wet paper sack because they'd get "icky".

;):D

Those who can't do ANYTHING legislate.

Sorry @AndyinEverson !! There ARE exceptions to that rule, you obviously being one of them!

In my experience... a good portion (but not all, mind you) of teachers are "intellectuals" and couldn't work their way out of a wet paper sack because they'd get "icky".

;):D
No worries Stomper...
My dislike is of the phrase itself not those who use it....
But I also understand that there is a reason for the phrase in the first place.

As for Icky...Now I like that word....:D

Lots of things are icky...
Cold creamed corn...
Ham and Beans C-Rats...
Sketchy gas station food...
Cold wet wool socks that you have to wear in yer boots...
Belly button lint....
Toe Jam....
Andy

Guns are triggers? Well so is meat, according to PETA. So are furs according to celebrities. So is Trump according to democrats. So are cars, trucks, planes & whatever some global warming moron decides it is. Just how far do we chase this down the old rabbit hole? I didn't read any threat or threats in the story.

I've made statements like he did and I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of the people on this site have as well. Was what he did probably poorly written, I 'd say yes. Illegal or threatening, not on your life. He didn't bring ANYTHING on himself, the whiny piece of dog-snot complainer, prosecutor and directors did! I seen a legislator be told that people with ideas like they're proposing ought to be clubbed like baby seals. No threat as far as I could see.

On the premise the story is factually correct, I hope he get's the same lawyer that kid got facing that jack-azz beating a drum in the kids face and sues the living snot out of everyone trying to railroad him, especially that lame-a$$ prosecutor and the triggered person. Those whiny people that get "triggered" over nothing should stay at home and never go out into public for the rest of their life! Save us all a lot of time..

Dan

Not mentally challenged, perhaps a better grasp of the nuances of the English language than you may possess.
Clearly not bud. Snowflakes melt is in no way possible an actual or vague threat. Making snowflakes melt is a joke about people who cant handle little things and go awol and freak out. In no possible way is there any implied threat vague or not. Your reading in what you want to because you empathize with said group.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top