JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It comes down who is in authority. With a criminal code so vast it is literally unknowable, and knowledge being irrelevant, every person can be prosecuted for something. This turns our society from one that is supposed to be based on the rule of law, into one based on who has power. Very third world in my view.
Yes, also working as intended. The goal is to have so many obscure laws codified as to be able to convict anyone of anything at any time. Usually politically motivated, as a means of behavioral control. Aka, tyranny. This student was clearly a political prisoner, and what I imagine living in N. Korea looks like.

Everybody is in knee jerk reaction mode right now. Best advice for kids in school is not post anything gun related cuz it only takes one unknowledgeable alarmist to create a time-consuming mess.

Another example is the virus from China. This morning I heard a mom at my kids school say to her kid, "stay away from him! keep your mask on! wash your hands, stay away from him!. I don't know the "him" she was talking about whether it was some kid coughing or a sibling or what. I didn't see any other kids in school with a mask. Some people are alarmists just waiting for their hair trigger to be pulled. If I weren't nice I would call them a word that begins with Psyc and ends in o.

The department heads of universities are supposed to be educated individuals with abilities to think and react at high levels. Looks like that is not the case. After the school gets the living snot sued from them it would be wonderful for all those involved be fired. This is a clear case of bullies bullying young adults. Small people can't handle authority.

Here's is a truth for the ages...

The Book of Stomper said:
Those who CAN, do. Those who CAN'T, teach.... or inspect for a government agency.

;)

Everybody is in knee jerk reaction mode right now. Best advice for kids in school is not post anything gun related cuz it only takes one unknowledgeable alarmist to create a time-consuming mess.

Another example is the virus from China. This morning I heard a mom at my kids school say to her kid, "stay away from him! keep your mask on! wash your hands, stay away from him!. I don't know the "him" she was talking about whether it was some kid coughing or a sibling or what. I didn't see any other kids in school with a mask. Some people are alarmists just waiting for their hair trigger to be pulled. If I weren't nice I would call them a word that begins with Psyc and ends in o.

Well, we'll see where this Coronavirus event goes. The alarming part is that it is being transmitted when the infected person is not showing symptoms of being sick. That has tremendously negative potential to become a pandemic.

Well, we'll see where this Coronavirus event goes. The alarming part is that it is being transmitted when the infected person is not showing symptoms of being sick. That has tremendously negative potential to become a pandemic.
Yes but it's the difference of being aware/taking precautions vs panic. Panic, like seen acting on the poor kid above, doesn't do anyone any good. Being aware/following up/asking the kid questions would be a more appropriate response than panic imo.

Yes but it's the difference is being aware/taking precautions vs panic. Panic, like seen acting on the poor kid above, doesn't do anyone any good. Being aware/following up/asking the kid questions would be a more appropriate response than panic imo.

Agreed. Panic mode is never good. Have been in many situations when panic would have killed me.

SMH at some people when they panic... it just makes me want to scream!!! ;):D:D

"Those who CAN, do. Those who CAN'T, teach.... or inspect for a government agency."
The version I heard;
"Those that CAN, do, those that CAN'T, teach, those that CAN'T TEACH, legislate."

"Those who CAN, do. Those who CAN'T, teach.... or inspect for a government agency."
The version I heard;
"Those that CAN, do, those that CAN'T, teach, those that CAN'T TEACH, legislate."

To be fair, this feels like an admin issue rather than a professor issue. The number in teachers in college has remained relatively constant while the admin departments have been exploding (this is where a lot of the extra-inflationary tuition increases come from).

Those who that can do...those who can't teach...

Personally I dislike this phrase...
As I Teach and do many things ...as well as having done many things.

I might even go so far as to say that I have done things , that many on this forum have not done or would not do.

Now please note that I am not attacking anyone here in this thread that has posted or used this quote....
I am simply stating my intense dislike like of this quote...
As well as stating that it does not hold true for every teacher out there.....
Andy

As far as the article in the OP....
From what was reported...I have read much the same on here in our forum from time to time...
I certainly hope that no one here is accused of being a terrorist.

While it does pay to be careful in your deeds and speech....I see nothing threatening in what was reported...
Other than everything that happened to the kid who posted with his rifle.
Andy

Those who that can do...those who can't teach...

Personally I dislike this phrase...
As I Teach and do many things ...as well as having done many things.

I might even go so far as to say that I have done things , that many on this forum have not done or would not do.

Now please note that I am not attacking anyone here in this thread that has posted or used this quote....
I am simply stating my intense dislike like of this quote...
As well as stating that it does not hold true for every teacher out there.....
Andy
A difference here is you are not teaching the thing that you do (or did).

A difference here is you are not teaching the thing that you do (or did).
At one time I did.....I taught many a man the fine art of Infantry tactics , and just how to kill and cause chaos...and was very good at it....

So that along with the broad general stereotype that goes along with the quote .....
Sill has my intense dislike

Oh yeah one thing to add...
I also teach what is called Life Skills....so actually I still teach what I did and do in a sense....
Life Skills teaching is a mixed bag so to speak , of teaching the fine art and nuances of life and getting along with others....again something that I am good at...
Andy

If this story is even true (which I doubt considering the source) the kid was stupid AF for posting that. People forget that anything they put on the internet is legally published. Including this site...

Wow. I feel bad for kids these days and this one in particular. Between social media and the absolute inability of people and government to comprehend edgy humor, coupled with the lack of experience kids have about such things, kids are screwed.

It impacts everyone, including you and me. But yes, kids have it hardest because this is their normal and we had the benefit of growing up in a real normal era and can understand what's going on. Normal kid behavior now is essentially criminalized.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top