Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So you pocket carry?. Would you be able to fend off this guy?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by explorerimports, May 17, 2013.

1. explorerimports

explorerimports WA Active Member

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Repeat thread, and yes. He did shoot him while he was in retreat though, which here would land you in deep crap. Just the sight of the victim's gun had the perp in retreat.

So I could, but I wouldn't.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

That will teach!

4. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

It is all in how you explain it to the court and how good your attorney is. From what I saw the hijacking victim fought his way out of being trapped in a bad spot. Who knows the bad guy may have been trying to move to cover around the building for a better spot to continue the gun fight. The victim stopped the threat. It did not appear the victim did any kind of an execution shot after the suspect was down. He just covered the downed suspect with his weapon.

hker71

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Been there..as long as they are mobile and waving a piece, I'm firing

6. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Three comments here:
    1) Ha Ha Ha Ha!! Surprise Bozo!!
    2) since it happened in in a Spanish speaking country: Ja Ja Ja!! Sorprende pendejo!!
    3) ** Sniff ** I just love a happy ending

7. Blitzkrieg

That may have worked back then but modern forensics will get ya today. DO NOT tamper with the body, it adds weight to a possible conviction

8. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

It did?

Guess you have not spent a lot of time in many US cities. Looks like one of many areas in Yakima to me..............

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I fear our messed up "Justice" system and corporate for-profit jails almost as much as perp attempting to end my life. Yeah, yeah, I know the carried by .... comment. Sorry, unless it is an immediate threat and the person is not turning to run away, I am good.

Anytime/if you have to fire on someone always remember that even though you may escape jail time, odds are decent you will lose everything you own via a civil case, attorney's fees, etc. If you can kindly ask the perp if he has any relatives before you shoot, that may be wise.

10. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

oh it was Venezuela, he didnt want the car, the guy watched him load up all his toilet paper.

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Blitzkrieg

Good thing that on paper I own very little

12. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Nobody has mentioned the second guy who pops around the corner as the perp is getting shot. I could be wrong, but it sure looks like an accomplice who turned tail once he saw the excrement hit the fan.

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  13. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

It did?
    Guess you have not spent a lot of time in many US cities. Looks like one of many areas in Yakima to me..............

Ref. text:
    And that’s exactly what happened in Venezuela recently when a man locking up his store was accosted by a thief.

Nonetheless, there are any number of places here in the USA that by appearance could be in Central or South America.
    BTW, there is an excellent torta shop in Everett in the shopping center @ Evergreen & 52nd for those of you who long for good Mexican food.

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

what ever the case, if he hadnt hauled *** he may have been hit. that was not a guy with the deer in the headlights mentality.

15. Blitzkrieg

Most street criminals are quite adept at the evasion shuffle

16. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

In the other thread on the same topic it was decided that it was not in the US simply because the text on the door.............

17. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

And a little south of there on Evergreen in about the 5700 block is some good American food if you long for that... Wienerschnitzel. :D

18. Blitzkrieg

I dunno, ever looked around Lowes?

19. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I think it was a good shoot and should be even if it happened in the US. a bad guy should not be able to come up and try to kill me then be able to turn around and say " time out I want a do over and you cant do anything about it as I am moving away from you." If you start a gun fight, you finish the gunfight, win or lose.

Scout67 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

He handled his weapon as though he spent some time in training. Nice shooting under stress.
    Silver Hand