JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fry up some bacon, smoked if you can find it, not really necessary, plain ol bacon does nicely... add the bacon to the hot cooked lentils. Some red pepper, and a little onion to your taste adds a bit... I admit, they are kinda plain tasting... But hey, they ARE In The Bible! :D One of the few grains so mentioned...
I won't be trying that any time soon, I'm on the Keto diet, and dried beans of any kind are off limits, due to the carbs, which are converted to sugars and hence I will be avoiding them!
Gabby

BG1 - The Keto diet is just dandy for weight loss, but if you have any cardiac issues fat and sodium can be problematic.
After I survived a fatal widow maker (5 stents + 1 more later) the medical PTB told me if I didn't lose weight and completely restructure my diet and lifestyle I could expect a rerun. The Atkins/Keto approach was not an option for the aforementioned reasons. You might want to do a blood workup every so often to stay on top of the stuff that can do you in.

I've recently gotten a new family Dr at the Siskiyou health center here in CJ, OR. and she ordered up a bunch of blood tests, that covered about everything that can go wrong. So far she says many of the bad things that showed up can be controlled by getting rid of my ugly pounds, so I have confidence that the Keto diet is the way to go. After she and I discussed it.
I had a real awakening 8 years ago, I had a double ruptured aneurism of the aorta, and really shouldn't be here today. Much of my problem is a well meaning wife / great cook. After 20 days with hardly anything to eat, I went from 175# down to 155#, and due to being on one of those machines with an airway doing my breathing for me. A side effect of that is it really screws with your senses of smell, taste, and texture of food. My chef made everything that she knew I liked, and I just couldn't eat it, there were a few simple things that I could get down but not many. Continuing this long story......
When my taste buds did return to normal with a vengance, and it was a huge munchies type response, I couldn't get enough and coupled with still recouperating from major surgery and sitting on my getting fat rear, I shot up to 206# and have hovered around that weight ever since. One thing I forgot to add was after all this I go for an ultra sound checkup every year with reports to my surgeon that put me back together after the big blow out, after one of our visits he said I had a really strong heart, saying if I was going to have a heart attack, while I was undergoing all this invasive surgery it would have been the prime time to have one, and it didn't happen. Thank you Jesus!
So there you have it, I'm dedicated to getting rid of the blubber I've been carrying around for these many years. Wish me luck!:D
Gabby

Last Edited:
Eddie Murphy once commented on hominy to his friend Norton.....

251F5E31-A9FF-449F-BDDA-023BE99FB6E0.jpeg

Hominy, hominy, hominy....... :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews