JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
THAT is a work of art!
Oh, THAT old thing. Shux, it's just a 36-year-old Krico 650S in .308Win with a 8-32x56 NSZ Nightforce scope on it. Nice reticle - it has MIL dots shaped like the letter O with teeny little dots in them......

The longest I shoot at is ~900m and with it set on x22 - the true size MIL-dot view - the little dot can fit nicely in the white zone of the 240mm diameter target.

I often hit it, too. :)

Just remembered - here's a little video I made a couple of years syne - sorry the resolution is not good. No excuses there.

If you have one, then cherish any magazines you might have. It came with a 3-round, but a friend of mine in Quebec found me three 5-rounders for silly money.

One went to a pal with a .270 - they are the same case dimensions - and I kept the other two. The last factory price for the 5-rounders, about ten years ago, was Euro170 each plus shipping.

Last Edited:
I just want to get this off my chest. I keep seeing references to "sniper rifles" in various gun forums (maybe not this one; hopefully not). "Sniper rifle" is not a thing, despite that the term is ubiquitous (I suspect RPG games are to blame). A rifle specially designed for accuracy, reliability, concealment, etc. at long ranges (say 1000+ yards) does not automatically make it a "sniper rifle." Even a rifle being actively used by a qualified military sniper to kill an enemy combatant at long range is not a "sniper rifle," it is a specially designed long-range rifle being used by a sniper. See the difference? People are confusing the design of a rifle with the role of the person using it. Depending on its weight, the same rifle may be used for match shooting, varminting, big game hunting, whatever and it does not magically change from a "sniper rifle" in one context to a "hunting rifle" in the other. Okay, done with this rant, but had to get it off my chest...
Meh, some people hate the term "silencer", but everyone knows what u mean when you say it. Doesn't bother me at all, nor does "sniper rifle".

I look at the source who is saying it and what their intent is. A soldier that actually is a sniper I'm probably going to listen to what he has to say. Someone selling a Swiss sniper rifle, I think those are pretty interesting so I'll listen to that. Someone trying to hype their own run of the mill rifle that they have tarted up on a YouTube video saying it's a sniper rifle, I won't even click the video.

I have actually heard someone refer to a weak air rifle as a "sniper rifle". Of course it's ridiculous but I could care less because I give that source no value at all. Why listen to a block of wood, or waste words trying to correct a block of wood? Both would be a waste of time it's seems to me.

Remember when buying military surplus rifles for dirt cheap was a normal thing?

Still want to add a M1903-A3 or A4 to the collection. vintage "weapon of war" / "military sniper rifle" right there. Probably will end up being my one and only 30-06. Unless I find a nice M1-garand to pair it with. 🤔

In 1966, a USMC officer took 12 Winchester M70s that had been bought to kill deer around Camp Pendleton, outfitted them with scopes and mounts from the PX, and put them into service.

I have two M70s in 30-06 with 3-9x40 scopes....neither are "sniper" rifles.
Sounds like a good old hunting rifle to me.
I'm one of those 7
I thought it was 9.

Not a sniper rifle. Nope. It identifies as a Kinetic Instrument To Train Enemy Neutralization.

Meow.

Win52PreA.jpg

So... I want to know where the counter sniper rifles fit into this discussion.

As far as cartridges go one of the guys I knew in the early '80's spent a lot of time up at Fort Ord. Said the Army provided him with a rifle and all the 300 Win Mag he could shoot. Strange bird, he also spent a lot of time standing around in kilts playing the pipes, god what a noise.

Aww, four pages man! I can't read all that. All I want ask is, doesn't wrapping old looking burlap cloth around the rifle/suppressor/scope make it a sniper rifle? That's what they do in the movies.
Apologies if this ? has already been asked and answered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top