JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Well, I will probably get some heat for this but here goes. Our major gun manufacturers , Ruger, Winchester, and Remington are making good money lately with increased gun ownership sales.

The Ukrainian civilians could use several hundred American hunting rifles chambered in the AK cartridge with a decent scope.

American gun manufacturers could donate them pretty fast, they can afford it, and have them smuggled into Ukraine .

Maybe even Wayne L at the NRA could donate some of his huge salary and perks to provide transport .

Then the Ukraine civilians could defend their cities from the Russian troops at long range.

What do you think ? ( Don't shoot the messenger)

First word that come to mind is ITAR. What do you think the odds are of the current administration allowing export for this purpose?

You do realize that their dear leader offered a rifle to anyone who would stay and fight, right?

They don't need any more rifles.

I'm sure they wouldn't say no to more people and/or tank destroying rocket systems.

Honestly, it would probably be better to buy a pallet of cheap red-dots, scopes, food, and life straws and ship them to a random address in eastern Poland.

Yea. So when they loose the Russians will be better armed. Let them fight their own war.

Both sides already use allot of Savage rifles.
DD335007-86D2-485B-8DEB-151B4FDFF951.jpeg

Both sides already use allot of Savage rifles.
View attachment 1151377
Interesting. Looks like a couple competition rifles that have been pressed into service. Likely the individuals behind those triggers are very proficient with their rifles at distance. They certainly have access to good optics as the one is running a Nightforce optic and I can't tell what is on the other rifle. I hope their aim is true and their ammunition limitless.

I don't get the part about "chambered in the AK cartridge" when mentioning sniper rifle. The AK is about the same power and accuracy as our 30-30 meaning it ain't much and certainly not a sniper cartridge.

Cheers.

You do realize that their dear leader offered a rifle to anyone who would stay and fight, right?

They don't need any more rifles.

I'm sure they wouldn't say no to more people and/or tank destroying rocket systems.
Judging from the photos I have seen they could us more long range rifles. AKs are fine for up close battles but good luck sniping very far with them. And shotguns forget about it, they have no place in what's about to take place in Kyiv.

Judging from the photos I have seen they could us more long range rifles. AKs are fine for up close battles but good luck sniping very far with them. And shotguns forget about it, they have no place in what's about to take place in Kyiv.
I love how in every new member thread where the member mentions long range / PRS as a motivator, the overwhelming response is: shooting distance is harder than it looks, you need practice and skills and more practice, and also - don't forget to practice.

But now we're going to just ship rifles to them just because?

Nah. Not buying it. The people over there with the skills to use a long range rifle already have them. The whole military is already armed. Where weapons are concerned, it's for arming a civilian population…except one that's already in the bubblegum and doesn't have time to practice, practice, practice.

I'm just not seeing how this idea makes any sense - not geopolitically, not strategically, not financially…

I love how in every new member thread where the member mentions long range / PRS as a motivator, the overwhelming response is: shooting distance is harder than it looks, you need practice and skills and more practice, and also - don't forget to practice.

But now we're going to just ship rifles to them just because?

Nah. Not buying it. The people over there with the skills to use a long range rifle already have them. The whole military is already armed. Where weapons are concerned, it's for arming a civilian population…except one that's already in the bubblegum and doesn't have time to practice, practice, practice.

I'm just not seeing how this idea makes any sense - not geopolitically, not strategically, not financially…
I think a person could be proficient with their AK but benefit from a well scoped hunting rifle. Most of the AK rifles I have seen in photos don't have optics on them. I also heard that they had more volunteers than rifles to hand out?

I think a person could be proficient with their AK but benefit from a well scoped hunting rifle. Most of the AK rifles I have seen in photos don't have optics on them. I also heard that they had more volunteers than rifles to hand out?
"Although some reserve units are well armed, Andrii's team of a few dozen has only two rifles, two shotguns and around 100 Molotov cocktails.

It's called propaganda…. And Zelenskyy is no better than Putin. They are both facist c—nts. One may be worse but let's not hold up the other as some kind of hero.

Don't judge a people by the government.

Government corruption runs deep in both. Along with bad actors. That hospital shelling stinks big time.

It's called propaganda…. And Zelenskyy is no better than Putin. They are both facist c—nts. One may be worse but let's not hold up the other as some kind of hero.

Don't judge a people by the government.
All the previous accusations of Zelenskyy being a fascist(sic) are based on a total misrepresentation of a couple Russian propaganda stations being shut down and the issue of Poroshenko being investigated / placed under house arrest for money laundering to fund pro-Russian separatist groups. Do you have anything other than that?

Let's give them a bunch of Mossberg Patriots chambered in .300WM topped off with a "bore sighted" vortex diamondback.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads