JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the store today (rural conservative area) and a signature gatherer had three large signs that said "protect your gun rights". So I walk over and ask him about it because I haven't heard of any proposed gun initiatives in WA. He says "if you are a registered voter and care about your gun rights, you probably also want to lower taxes" and shoves a clipboard in my face. I said "I only care about the gun stuff right now" so he digs under about 10 clipboards for the tax one and hands me a small clipboard that says "sign to tell your representative to support 2959 (the 2013 reciprocity bill lol).

Anyway I look up this tax bill and it's to implement a tax on carbon emissions. These tactics should not be allowed and pervert the initiative process.

http://carbonwa.org/

Yep, when ya go to sign these things look at them closely.
When signature gatheres were working on the I591/I594 initiatives, I and another pro-gun guy witnessed one of the petition boardshad the top cut off the portion of I591 (the explanation portion) and had the signiture portion under it of I594 and people thought they were signing for I591!!!!
He was more able to handle the situation than I since I am hearing challenged. I sure hope he got them bassturds in hot water!!!

Douchewaffle...LOL LOL LOL Never heard that one before! still LOL

Diamondback has enriched our vocabularies. Consider that one stolen.

Sadly, though I have specific plans to sell and move, I currently live in one of the most liberal portions of Multnomah County, itself the most liberal zone in Oregon. So most/all of the kids in skinny jeans trying to gather signatures when I stop to buy beer are pretty much enthralled with everything I detest.

And I don't just throw that out there glibly. It's an observation I make from stopping for a moment to hear the latest cause du jour... unless they start asking me about my personal business.

You present your case Ethan (preferably with some clear, easy to read literature on your table - or maybe a sign) and I'll ask the questions.

Last Edited:
What a typical Liberal hose job, raise taxes astronomically then promise to throw the subjects a pittance!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
There is no such thing as a fair tax!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yeah I just laughed when I went to the link and it said WA has a regressive tax structure and this would make more progressive. Hell they should just say what they want, direct deposit of your paycheck to them and hope they throw you some crumbs.

Ran into town for some silver bullets and he was back;)

2a9zjt0.jpg

As one who has gathered signatures...

A copy of the proposed legislation is required to be with the signature sheet (in Oregon at least).

Always read before you sign:

When I gathered signatures we carried copies of the wording so we could pass along to anyone who said "I need to look into this more" or was on the fence. As a salesman I could have gotten them to sign but that's not right.

Thats what they should have done at Prozasnki Recalls went in Lane County and said sign this to keep Prozanski in Office then turn it in to remove him with a pile of signatures hehe. turn around is fair play.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top