JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX, but I couldn't resist plunking down $3400 on a Lincoln Town Car. It is painted in Lincoln's color Silver Birch. The car needs to have the driver's seat motor repaired. Other than that, there are no major issues with it. This car is a "Panther" body, (like the Ford Crown Victoria and the Mercury Grand Marquis). It is of "body-on-frame" construction and has power rack-and-pinion steering (instead of a recirculating ball system). While it has 189,000 miles on the odometer, these were almost all "freeway" miles (racked up driving between Eugene, OR and Seattle, WA).

After I get the stuck seat worked out, I'll begin saving for my next trip to Mexico. This will be the perfect car to drive to my favorite Tijuana hotel. Does anyone want to buy a '97 Ford Crown Victoria LX with 104,400 miles on the clock? :)

Last Edited:
I will mention it to a friend up north. He loves Crown Vic cars and I believe that his brother does too.

Congrats on your new car!

Take care.

Cate

While I love both cars, the Ford Crown Victoria must be sold. I'm asking $2000 for it because I have gotten it running so well that It should be running for a very, very long time. BTW, I named the Lincoln "Silver" (because it is "Silver Birch" in color) and it also honors the Lone Ranger's horse.

You know how to reach me.

Last Edited:
Is the Vicky a P71 car?

No, it is a civilian model. It is blue and in decent condition. Good tires and it is preserved by Havoline Synthetic Oil. (It doesn't burn a drop of oil, and I have changed the Havoline Synthetic oil every 3500 miles). have cleaned out the fuel system with Berryman's B12 "Chemtool" so well that the throttle body fuel injectors are spotless and it starts instantly at the twist of the ignition key. (Believe me, I took great care of it from when I bought it in early May 2020).
When I bought it "Mr. Blue" had 98,000 miles on it. I have changed the oil twice since I bought it. (That should tell you something).

He's a sweetheart.!

No, it is a civilian model. It is blue and in decent condition. Good tires and it is preserved by Havoline Synthetic Oil. (It doesn't burn a drop of oil, and I have changed the Havoline Synthetic oil every 3500 miles). have cleaned out the fuel system with Berryman's B12 "Chemtool" so well that the throttle body fuel injectors are spotless and it starts instantly at the twist of the ignition key. (Believe me, I took great care of it from when I bought it in early May 2020).
When I bought it "Mr. Blue" had 98,000 miles on it. I have changed the oil twice since I bought it. (That should tell you something).

He's a sweetheart.!
They're a nice ridiing car, for sure. And the P71 package doesn't really add that much beyond fluid coolers and resale (percieved) value.
Unfortunately, l really should be looking for a work truck for my son... l told him I'd help him out with it, up to a point...he needs it: he hauls his tools around in a Kia. The price and condition sound right on, just the wrong type of vehicle.
Congrats on the TC and GLWS.

I bought one of those old suicide door Lincolns when I was 18.. working on the engine was easy because it was like a sugar cube in the middle of an airplane hangar.

I had a Vic years ago. I must have put 80,000 miles on that car, which I bought used with 100,000 plus already on it. Same engine and tranny the whole time. Almost all I ever did was change fluids, filters and spark plugs. I eventually bought a newer, more presentable car and had no room for the Vic anymore. It needed a brake job soon, which would cost about half the value of the car, so I gave it to a friend who had come upon hard times. Pretty sure he just drove it into the ground, which is a shame but at least it kept him in a job for a while.

That's what I like about the Panther platform. The 4.6 liters (281 cu. in.) V8 can run up to 500,000 miles before needing a new engine/transmission. These vehicles are regular "Energizer bunnies". (They keep going, and going, and going...).:D

I bought a used King county cop car years ago. It was a `97, I believe, with 100k miles on it. Was in great shape and I drove it with no issues. I think I paid around $2k. Sold it when I moved cross country, but really wish I would have kept it. It was comfortable, solid, got decent gas mileage, and with the mufflers replaced with straight pipes, it sounded very mean.

gkJFinTbS9a7kijwlNTGWA.jpg

I bought a used King county cop car years ago. It was a `97, I believe, with 100k miles on it. Was in great shape and I drove it with no issues. I think I paid around $2k. Sold it when I moved cross country, but really wish I would have kept it. It was comfortable, solid, got decent gas mileage, and with the mufflers replaced with straight pipes, it sounded very mean.

View attachment 807373

Yep, that's a '97. Mine is in excellent condition and I'm willing to let it go for $2,000. (Trust me, it is in that kind of shape).

I wish I had the time and space to build another project car. Behind the Crown Vic in the photo I posted was one of my project cars I was wanting to build. It was an `85 T-Bird I got at a police auction for $100. Nice straight body and clean interior. It was going to be a pro-street car. But, I moved cross country and ended up selling it for a few hundred bucks.

Another body style I really like and have always wanted to hot rod is the Lincoln Mark VIII...

6cfe41b858a0de87e57aaa4d843b8d53.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads