JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks, this was helpful. I've heard the SIG flat triggers are considered better than the standard P365's, maybe that can be switched out?

I've shot my partner's G2C and I found it to be very decent, that's why I was looking at the optics TORO.
I've shot one with a straight bow and curved. I liked the straight trigger much more. Though the curved was on a smaller version so that could be the real reason, smaller frame and curved triggers tend to make the grip feel even smaller than a flat straight trigger further out in the trigger guard giving the feel of a larger grip. Combined with how narrow the 365 is the grip is small, at least for me. I've got smaller hands, the size that fit something like a Glock 19 perfectly.

The bow on the Taurus is fairly nice and it pulls nicely. I have noticed it pinches my index finger on occasion if I'm pulling it quickly and not getting good finger placement. Which can definitely happen on my draws.

The subcompact/micro market is blowing up as of recently, I can only imagine why (cough cough politicians soft on crime).

Mossburg has a Glock clone that is supposed to be decent. I think it is double stack too so you actually get factory 10-12 round capacity over the Glock.

If you like Sig the 290 is a decent gun. I don't think it's as heavily influenced by Sig USA though I think they are made stateside. The 365 replaced this I want to say.

Kahr is all but dead these days but they make some really well made single stack striker fired compacts. I wish they weren't so far in the back burner of the gun world, they had some really nice pistols that never saw the light of day.

I rocked a tiny Diamondback DB9g4 for a few years. Smallest of the available and not extremely expensive 9mms on the market. Ate everything I feed it, not the most comfortable to shoot. Lots of recoil and very snappy, plus it's really a 4 finger pistol. It's the cup of tea hold!

Rugers Max 9 is very similar in size and comfort as the Taurus. They only black oxide the slide and it's known to rust fairly easily. Otherwise good shooter.

Springfield has had their Hellcat for a bit. It's a good gun, another company that gets a lot of hate for political reasons.

I've been wanting to handle the Kimber Mako. I've heard good things. It's a bit more expensive, but you get all the boxes checked. Sights, trigger, finishes, optics cut.

Lastly the only other one I'd look at personally is SW CSX. All metal means it would be heavy, but I've shot the Kimber EVO and it was like shooting a 22mag in recoil terms, so I imagine this would be a nice flat shooter. I'm just not a fan of safety's on concealed pistols.

I know there are more out there. The market is flooded.

I've shot one with a straight bow and curved. I liked the straight trigger much more. Though the curved was on a smaller version so that could be the real reason, smaller frame and curved triggers tend to make the grip feel even smaller than a flat straight trigger further out in the trigger guard giving the feel of a larger grip. Combined with how narrow the 365 is the grip is small, at least for me. I've got smaller hands, the size that fit something like a Glock 19 perfectly.

The bow on the Taurus is fairly nice and it pulls nicely. I have noticed it pinches my index finger on occasion if I'm pulling it quickly and not getting good finger placement. Which can definitely happen on my draws.

The subcompact/micro market is blowing up as of recently, I can only imagine why (cough cough politicians soft on crime).

Mossburg has a Glock clone that is supposed to be decent. I think it is double stack too so you actually get factory 10-12 round capacity over the Glock.

If you like Sig the 290 is a decent gun. I don't think it's as heavily influenced by Sig USA though I think they are made stateside. The 365 replaced this I want to say.

Kahr is all but dead these days but they make some really well made single stack striker fired compacts. I wish they weren't so far in the back burner of the gun world, they had some really nice pistols that never saw the light of day.

I rocked a tiny Diamondback DB9g4 for a few years. Smallest of the available and not extremely expensive 9mms on the market. Ate everything I feed it, not the most comfortable to shoot. Lots of recoil and very snappy, plus it's really a 4 finger pistol. It's the cup of tea hold!

Rugers Max 9 is very similar in size and comfort as the Taurus. They only black oxide the slide and it's known to rust fairly easily. Otherwise good shooter.

Springfield has had their Hellcat for a bit. It's a good gun, another company that gets a lot of hate for political reasons.

I've been wanting to handle the Kimber Mako. I've heard good things. It's a bit more expensive, but you get all the boxes checked. Sights, trigger, finishes, optics cut.

Lastly the only other one I'd look at personally is SW CSX. All metal means it would be heavy, but I've shot the Kimber EVO and it was like shooting a 22mag in recoil terms, so I imagine this would be a nice flat shooter. I'm just not a fan of safety's on concealed pistols.

I know there are more out there. The market is flooded.
Thx for the great info, and I agree, I don't want a manual safety on an EDC CC.

I was just doing some research and apparently both SIG and Taurus have had lawsuits filed against them for defective guns that go off without a trigger pull. Those are different models than what I'm looking at, but still a bit disconcerting.

I may start looking harder at Glock again, not shooting my own equipment or arteries while I'm not pulling the trigger is always a plus.

Thx for the great info, and I agree, I don't want a manual safety on an EDC CC.

I was just doing some research and apparently both SIG and Taurus have had lawsuits filed against them for defective guns that go off without a trigger pull. Those are different models than what I'm looking at, but still a bit disconcerting.

I may start looking harder at Glock again, not shooting my own equipment or arteries while I'm not pulling the trigger is always a plus.
Have you ever considered a compact instead of micro/sub compact?

I know most want to go as small as possible, but honestly I think that's harder to do in 9mm without losing something and it might be best just to go 380.

A compact might be way more comfortable to shoot, but less comfortable to carry.

A micro 9 is more comfortable to carry but less comfortable to shoot.

A micro 380 can be much more comfortable to carry, and usually a bit better than a 9mm in similar size.

I've spent a lot of time and money on carry guns and rarely am I satisfied with comfort while carrying or shooting anything designated for concealed carry. I've got a bony waist and a narrow mid section. Carry belts loop too much and bulge in the front and back so I've given up on carrying on a belt in most forms. At this point I'm starting to look at things like derringers that can just sit in my front pocket and be out of the way. That or I simply don't leave the house lol.

I'm definitely getting complacent so don't take my advice too heavily. I've been carrying on and off for most of my adult life and I'm definitely going through the I don't want to be burdened by something uncomfortable, especially with recent abdominal region health issues, anything extra along the waistline is just annoying now.

I wish you the best in this journey. It's not an easy one, finding the right gun and holster combo can take a lifetime, or it can be as easy as the first gun and holster you buy.

Also, I'm a little guy, 5'-8", 160#, glove size small. I carry a 4" 1911, Beretta 92 Compact or a government 1911. I can carry any of those in a t-shirt and shorts with nobody noticing. Small pistols may be easier to carry, but if you can't hit the broad side of a barn, is it necessarily good to carry that?

Have you ever considered a compact instead of micro/sub compact?

I know most want to go as small as possible, but honestly I think that's harder to do in 9mm without losing something and it might be best just to go 380.

A compact might be way more comfortable to shoot, but less comfortable to carry.

A micro 9 is more comfortable to carry but less comfortable to shoot.

A micro 380 can be much more comfortable to carry, and usually a bit better than a 9mm in similar size.

I've spent a lot of time and money on carry guns and rarely am I satisfied with comfort while carrying or shooting anything designated for concealed carry. I've got a bony waist and a narrow mid section. Carry belts loop too much and bulge in the front and back so I've given up on carrying on a belt in most forms. At this point I'm starting to look at things like derringers that can just sit in my front pocket and be out of the way. That or I simply don't leave the house lol.

I'm definitely getting complacent so don't take my advice too heavily. I've been carrying on and off for most of my adult life and I'm definitely going through the I don't want to be burdened by something uncomfortable, especially with recent abdominal region health issues, anything extra along the waistline is just annoying now.

I wish you the best in this journey. It's not an easy one, finding the right gun and holster combo can take a lifetime, or it can be as easy as the first gun and holster you buy.
There's definitely a LOT to think about before making an as informed a decision as I can!

Thx for your input, and I hope you feel better, cheers.

I have had a P365 for a few years now. I shoot it every weekend and have a several thousand rounds through it and haven't had any failures. I like that I can load it out to fit where I'm going or what I'm doing. I ankle carry it with a flush mag, shoulder carry it with extended mag, appendix with a pinky baseplate, etc.

I have put a lot of rounds through the curved and straight triggers. I can't say either really makes a lick of difference for me. I have medium palms and short fingers, for a frame of reference. I did find the Hogue rubber slip-on grip make a big difference in the feel and indexing.

I know nothing about the Taurus, but they just don't inspire trust. There are problems with both, so I can't say my singular experience is the norm or not, it's just mine. I think it's a fine gun, but not the be all, end all. I'll be sticking with it because my sample functions perfectly and I'm heavily invested in extra mags and a full compliment of holsters. There's just no reason to look elsewhere.

Springfield Armory makes a similar sized & capacity gun, as does Kimber and I think Mossberg.

Taurus :s0140:

Don't f' with the bull...

1680810873283.jpeg

Also, I'm a little guy, 5'-8", 160#, glove size small. I carry a 4" 1911, Beretta 92 Compact or a government 1911. I can carry any of those in a t-shirt and shorts with nobody noticing. Small pistols may be easier to carry, but if you can't hit the broad side of a barn, is it necessarily good to carry that?
You bring up a good point, I plan to practice routinely with whatever platform I end up going with. I figure I need the tool I need for my concealment needs, THEN it's up to me to get used to it/good with it, which will take practice practice practice. I live in the cities, and they're ever trying to make everything a NPE. So what I chose must fully disappear on me, with no trace, whatsoever. I have a Ruger 9E, and that gun does definitely not disappear on me.

You bring up a good point, I plan to practice routinely with whatever platform I end up going with. I figure I need the tool I need for my concealment needs, THEN it's up to me to get used to it/good with it, which will take practice practice practice. I live in the cities, and they're ever trying to make everything a NPE. So what I chose must fully disappear on me, with no trace, whatsoever. I have a Ruger 9E, and that gun does definitely not disappear on me.
Get a good holster and belt. The Holster should have a cant, which makes a government 1911 disappear.

I would also recommend trying as many of the guns listed above at a range that rents guns. SafeFire in Camas, WA comes to mind. There may also be something similar range in your area. It's not cheap, but better to spend some money up front and rest them out vs plopping down $400 and up fora gun you might not like. It would be tough to trade it or sell it in the current climate.

With all the political BS going on, time is of the essence. Best to lock in something ASAP and find an FFL that will do a 3 day release.

I would also recommend trying as many of the guns listed above at a range that rents guns. SafeFire in Camas, WA comes to mind. There may also be something similar range in your area. It's not cheap, but better to spend some money up front and rest them out vs plopping down $400 and up fora gun you might not like. It would be tough to trade it or sell it in the current climate.

With all the political BS going on, time is of the essence. Best to lock in something ASAP and find an FFL that will do a 3 day release.
Exactly what I've been doing, a few makes/models are much more difficult to find than others. Especially the TORO, maybe that's a telling sign though....

This part is where I usually find things I don't like about the gun. Since the goal of carrying is never to shoot your gun, it's ironic and annoying that it sucks to shoot in general. Some of my least favorite guns to shoot are the ones I should be shooting the most.

In a perfect world I'd rock a race gun in an extremely comfortable competition holster. They are reliable as a gun can get and most competitive gear is made for speed and comfort in mind. Running around for 2-4 hours at a match shooting 500-600 rounds is a non issue with these sorts of gear.

Concealed guns are just riddled with compromises in my opinion. The better ones are usually just out of reach financially, at least for me. I'd still find something I wouldn't like!

The last part is so true right now. I may have waited too long to sell many I truly don't need. I'm lost when it comes to buying anything as I really don't want to deal with the BS of what's currently happening in the state of Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top