JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for an AIWB sidecar for my sig xl macro, and the 2 that are neck and neck are the T Rex Arms sidecar 2.0, and the Tier 1 Axis Elite. Would love to hear what you guys would recommend? And why?

I'm relatively skinny (5'9" 170lb), so appendix is no problem for me. I've seen lots of videos about the individual holsters, but not a head to head comparison. Also open to any other sidecars that you think would be better than these 2.

I've tried various sidecar setups, but always end up switching over to an individual holster for both gun and mag. If you decide to try that, I highly recommend JM Custom Kydex. His holsters are all properly "rounded" on the bottom and don't dig into you. I've also found carrying a mag easier with a neomag.

If you are set on a sidecar, I like the Trex variant for it's modular capabilities. A sidecar with gun/tourniquet and a mag stored with a neomag would be a viable option, IMO.

For me, the bungee cords benefits did not outweigh the uncomfortable design of the rest of the Tier1 holster.

A friend of mine uses an LAS Ronin, and loves it. Might be worth considering. I haven't seen it in person or used one myself.

I've tried various sidecar setups, but always end up switching over to an individual holster for both gun and mag. If you decide to try that, I highly recommend JM Custom Kydex. His holsters are all properly "rounded" on the bottom and don't dig into you. I've also found carrying a mag easier with a neomag.

If you are set on a sidecar, I like the Trex variant for it's modular capabilities. A sidecar with gun/tourniquet and a mag stored with a neomag would be a viable option, IMO.

For me, the bungee cords benefits did not outweigh the uncomfortable design of the rest of the Tier1 holster.

A friend of mine uses an LAS Ronin, and loves it. Might be worth considering. I haven't seen it in person or used one myself.
Great input, exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

I run the Trex Arms Sidecar 2.0 for all my guns. I have it for the P365X macro as well. I don't run the mag caddy though. I prefer the hinge system over the bungee system.

I run the Trex Arms Sidecar 2.0 for all my guns. I have it for the P365X macro as well. I don't run the mag caddy though. I prefer the hinge system over the bungee system.
Do you run any attachments on the sidecar instead of the extra mag? I'm with Elv8DM and leaning towards the tourniquet carrier instead of the extra mag.

Do you run any attachments on the sidecar instead of the extra mag? I'm with Elv8DM and leaning towards the tourniquet carrier instead of the extra mag.
I don't. I carry a TQ in my back pocket and the extra mag in a neo mag pocket clip. But having the options is a plus.

B2B20312-1B0B-4AD1-A126-B42F695C5C8B.jpeg

I didn't like the sidecar either. But I don't love appendix carry either, so take my personal preferences with a large grain of salt. My Leo neighbor, who can use pretty much anything carries a Tier 1 Axis Elite everywhere when he's not on duty and swears by it.

I didn't like the sidecar either. But I don't love appendix carry either, so take my personal preferences with a large grain of salt. My Leo neighbor, who can use pretty much anything carries a Tier 1 Axis Elite everywhere when he's not on duty and swears by it.
How can you not like appendix carry? I can't think of anything more exhilarating than making it home at the end of each day without having shot myself in the dick.

I've found AIWB to be the best trade-off between comfort and usefullness.

How can you not like appendix carry? I can't think of anything more exhilarating than making it home at the end of each day without having shot myself in the dick.

I've found AIWB to be the best trade-off between comfort and usefullness.
Appendix is the only way to carry for me. Haha

I got sidecar holster from Ping-Pong Tactical for my G19 which I love. Can't effectively conceal it with only a T-Shirt but any sweater/hoodie does the job. Relatively comfortable. Tried couple of other manufacturers as well and the bottom line is that none of the holsters will be as comfortable as not having one but I'm willing to sacrifice comfort. Also Ping-Pong tactical is a Camas, WA manufacturer, a plus in my books.

*picture is from their instagram, for educational purposes.
8656444A-02D7-479F-830A-675635D2FAB6.jpeg

I got sidecar holster from Ping-Pong Tactical for my G19 which I love. Can't effectively conceal it with only a T-Shirt but any sweater/hoodie does the job. Relatively comfortable. Tried couple of other manufacturers as well and the bottom line is that none of the holsters will be as comfortable as not having one but I'm willing to sacrifice comfort. Also Ping-Pong tactical is a Camas, WA manufacturer, a plus in my books.

View attachment 1312453
Really? I carry a full size Sig X5 Legion with my sidecar (AIWB) and it conceals easily with just a T-shirt.

*picture is from their instagram, for educational purposes.
View attachment 1312453
It's too bad Logan closed up shop. He was great to deal with, and never said no to any of my crazy holster ideas.

Really? I carry a full size Sig X5 Legion with my sidecar (AIWB) and it conceals easily with just a T-shirt.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong :s0092:
With at-shirt handle prints a bit, I have to singe my belt quite a bit where its extremely uncomfortable. 6'1" 160lb, or maybe I gotta eat more or something. Idk

Maybe I'm doing something wrong :s0092:
With at-shirt handle prints a bit, I have to singe my belt quite a bit where its extremely uncomfortable. 6'1" 160lb, or maybe I gotta eat more or something. Idk
Yea everyone's body/hips are different. I print a minor amount but I don't stress about it all. I'm 5'10" and 170 pounds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top