JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All this talk of the 226........

I just made a deal for one with @No_Regerts. He bought two of the LE trade-ins he listed here earlier so what the heck! I'm looking forward to it!

@frank linkh you inspired me. :D

....if tou were gifted a sig p226 e2 would you make changes to your gun and what would they be? got some great intel on this . srt... hammer springs.....it's your gun....whatcha gonna do? brand new CDNN

I listed my upgrades.
Another option is to just ship it off to Robert Burke and have him do his thing, QTR system instead of the SRT, his strut and whatever trigger you prefer.
It would be cheaper in the end over over buying parts and the end results will be far better.
I would talk with him and he will get it the way you want unless you want to tinker with it yourself.

....if tou were gifted a sig p226 e2 would you make changes to your gun and what would they be? got some great intel on this . srt... hammer springs.....it's your gun....whatcha gonna do? brand new CDNN

I would send it off to the SIG Armorer, have the QTR trigger installed and an action job done on it. I would have him fit a BarSto threaded barrel and maybe a few other things. I would then put a set of Hogue rubber grips on it. Maybe have the sights replaced with the new fiber optic sight that is the rear sight only?

As to SRT and QTR
From the SA on the QTR.
QTR, or Quick Trigger Reset, is a proprietary product from Famed Gunsmith Gerry Ritacco of Total Automation. The Sig Armorer is the only authorized outlet other than Gerry himself for this product.

QTR shortens the single action reset just as much as the SRT does, but in a different way that allows us to create a better single action let-off. Two additional features of the QTR system are reductions in take-up of nearly 50% in Single Action mode and nearly 75% in Double Action mode. This is accomplished thru modification of proprietary parts only.

No need for an adjustable trigger with the QTR

Roberts work is one of the few things that you can do to the gun and not hurt the resell value.
Not everyone likes a straight trigger but everyone wants a good trigger pull.

During my LE days in the 80s and 90s the Sig P series was the Mercedes of duty weapons. I carried a P229 for most of my career and it never let me down. Working in CA I carried it as a 40; working in AK I carried it as a .357 Sig.

74FCA7A7-DA23-479D-83B2-656F20B15D39.jpeg FD7E89E2-33D5-4847-AF36-56307AC33AA9.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have a M11-A1, pretty much a 226 compact (mine is a P228). I love it, it is very accurate and reliable. I don't care about the factory 3 dot night sites and the double action pull is a little too heavy. Yeah I can put in a lighter hammer spring but meh.

My M11 is a chunk and has some weight, so the 226 will be even heavier. But Sigs are sweet and I'd totally get one if you want one and have the money for one.

A good holster and a nice stiff gun belt is the way to go if you wanna carry it. And the above mentioned "platform" has good capacity too.
20200511_011216.jpg
20200508_232328.jpg

I have a M11-A1, pretty much a 226 compact (mine is a P228). I love it, it is very accurate and reliable. I don't care about the factory 3 dot night sites and the double action pull is a little too heavy. Yeah I can put in a lighter hammer spring but meh.

My M11 is a chunk and has some weight, so the 226 will be even heavier. But Sigs are sweet and I'd totally get one if you want one and have the money for one.

A good holster and a nice stiff gun belt is the way to go if you wanna carry it. And the above mentioned "platform" has good capacity too.
View attachment 695274
View attachment 695275

The P226 doesn't seem as chunky to me as the P229. Might just be in my head.

It's not in your head.
The 226 is kinda like your prom date, the 229 is your date at 40 and 3 kids later.
Big booty but ya love her anyway.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR