JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SIG P320 (post-VUP work) and Surefire X300 Ultra (X300U-A) light. I do not find this to be too bulky of a set-up.
I like the dual operators for the light's on/off switch. Push-to-light for intermittent beam, or rocker switch for constant-on function.
That light is a frick'n particle beam weapon in and of itself! :eek:

SIG Sauer P320 with light.jpg

Last Edited:
I prefer the screw lock of the B model because its adaptable to more guns. On some guns, the A model won't get tight enough no matter what mod is used.
My A model is as tight as arse to pants on my SIG's rail. It is one sonuvabubblegum to get off the gun! :eek:

Last Edited:
My A model is as tight as arse to pants on my SIG's rail. It is one sonuvabubblegum to get off the gun! :eek:

They are tight on Sigs. But, we couldn't get them to stay on M&Ps when the switch was made from other brands, so they got surplussed and B models got bought. So, I just never bothered buying another A model again. They do work fine for Glock and Sig though.

........ I decided to go to the olight store and get a Baldr Pro 1350 light to go on the sig.... wasn't going to get on with a laser, but it may come in handy during WWIII here in salem..... more pics next week....

Wow! That is one compact light! :eek:

That is what I like about it. As I said, I have the X-300 also, and a TLR-2 which is almost as long. I am sure the Surefire products are the best, but also expensive. They have some compact lights too, but I haven't seen/used them (their lenses are really small though, and all else being equal, a larger lens/reflector is better).

The TLR-2 (HL-G) and X-300 are for my shotguns - their 1K lumens are great for outside, but IMO overkill for inside the house. Sometimes I want to go outside after dark to check on things - the larger lights with a diffusor really light everything up better than the compact TLR-8. I often also wear a headlamp - in part so I am not aiming the gun at something I don't want to aim it at, but so I can see who/what is out there.

I get a lot of night visitors that set off the motion lights over the driveway; deer, raccoons, porcupines, coyotes, bears and even cougars (I haven't seen the latter two, but others have seen them) - sometimes neighbor dogs.

I think the TLR-8 is more than adequate for handgun ranges - especially indoors. I like the laser too. I will be getting more of these for the kids and several of my handguns with rails.

........ I decided to go to the olight store and get a Baldr Pro 1350 light to go on the sig.... wasn't going to get on with a laser, but it may come in handy during WWIII here in salem..... more pics next week....
If you had a MK25 with a 1913 rail it would be perfect.
The rest of the Sig rails on the P series are proprietary and mounts like that do not fit right and if you do manage to get it snug, it will chew up the rail a bit.
I proved that on one of mine. :mad:

The Streamlight TRL-7/8 has the correct key for Sig rails and fits perfectly though.
I have a TRL-8 with green laser and it is very useful for dry fire, though it is a battery eater if you use it a lot.
When I use it for that I have a dedicated battery and a fresh one for use.
8rg9Rhel.jpg

That is what I like about it. As I said, I have the X-300 also, and a TLR-2 which is almost as long. I am sure the Surefire products are the best, but also expensive. They have some compact lights too, but I haven't seen/used them (their lenses are really small though, and all else being equal, a larger lens/reflector is better).

The TLR-2 (HL-G) and X-300 are for my shotguns - their 1K lumens are great for outside, but IMO overkill for inside the house. Sometimes I want to go outside after dark to check on things - the larger lights with a diffusor really light everything up better than the compact TLR-8. I often also wear a headlamp - in part so I am not aiming the gun at something I don't want to aim it at, but so I can see who/what is out there.

I get a lot of night visitors that set off the motion lights over the driveway; deer, raccoons, porcupines, coyotes, bears and even cougars (I haven't seen the latter two, but others have seen them) - sometimes neighbor dogs.

I think the TLR-8 is more than adequate for handgun ranges - especially indoors. I like the laser too. I will be getting more of these for the kids and several of my handguns with rails.

In regards to headlamps, all the lowlight training and operations I've been in have shown that lights can bring unwanted attention. That's why I carry a handheld and hold it away from my body if possible.

Some advantages exist with the bigger lights. I have Surefire XC1s and have played with TLR7s. I didn't like the controls on either. I hear the TLR7 has been updated with a new switch. The bigger lights also prevent your slide from being pushed out of battery in the event of things getting up close or if the gun gets dropped or inadvertently pushed into something.

In regards to headlamps, all the lowlight training and operations I've been in have shown that lights can bring unwanted attention. That's why I carry a handheld and hold it away from my body if possible.

Some advantages exist with the bigger lights. I have Surefire XC1s and have played with TLR7s. I didn't like the controls on either. I hear the TLR7 has been updated with a new switch. The bigger lights also prevent your slide from being pushed out of battery in the event of things getting up close or if the gun gets dropped or inadvertently pushed into something.

I live in the boonies. Very low crime rate. My house is not visible from the private road. All of my neighbors have and shoot guns. Quite a different scenario/environment.

The highest likelihood of me encountering a shooting situation is if I inadvertently corner a bear/cougar/coyote after dark - normally I would just want to scare them off, but there are places where they may feel cornered.

For people, it might be a neighbor trying to regain control of their dog that run off. Or it is just me not wanting to trip over a limb that fell from a tree (almost every day, especially in the winter - sometimes it is the tree itself).

Inside the house I don't need a headlamp - if someone or something gets in, it will get shot.

Not worried at all about someone shooting me on my own property - never had trespassers.

I live in the boonies. Very low crime rate. My house is not visible from the private road. All of my neighbors have and shoot guns. Quite a different scenario/environment.

The highest likelihood of me encountering a shooting situation is if I inadvertently corner a bear/cougar/coyote after dark - normally I would just want to scare them off, but there are places where they may feel cornered.

For people, it might be a neighbor trying to regain control of their dog that run off. Or it is just me not wanting to trip over a limb that fell from a tree (almost every day, especially in the winter - sometimes it is the tree itself).

Inside the house I don't need a headlamp - if someone or something gets in, it will get shot.

Not worried at all about someone shooting me on my own property - never had trespassers.

Out in the boonies shouldn't be considered a protective factor. Home invasions and property crimes in general occur at a higher rate in more rural areas. Fewer witnesses.

Out in the boonies shouldn't be considered a protective factor. Home invasions and property crimes in general occur at a higher rate in more rural areas. Fewer witnesses.

I've lived here 8 years now and zero crime - so far. Lived in the city and saw drive-bys, petty theft, vandalism, etc.

That said, in the last couple of years, the sheriff has been called twice for domestic disturbances at residences on the public road. The last one was somebody with a gun.

The typical crime here are people dumping their trash - tires, couches, etc.

Before I moved here there was a peeping Tom in the neighborhood. Big turn out of the neighbors - with guns. They didn't catch the guy - but the person they suspected moved soon afterwards. Word spread clear down the mountain. Breaking into a home up here is a great way to get shot. Everybody and their dogs has guns and shoots often.

Let us know how you like the Olight. I really like their handhelds. I'm EDCing one right now as I type this. :)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top