JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See what happens when you don't have a Milky Way? ;)
Thought it was s'posed to be a Snickers that made people "better"...
Snickers_KJU.jpg

Last Edited:
See what happens when you don't have a Milky Way? ;)

I know a guy who has the usual Popeye-style heart with an arrow through it with a scroll underneath on his forearm with the names Chris and Merry. His wife's name is Mary, but being a 'mercan, and having the tattoo done on a shore visit in Devonport, the tattooist understood him to say 'Merry' - his pronunciation of Mary.

Thankishly, his wife was very understanding and forty years later they are still married, and to each other...

.....wandering the ebay store and i found a oem sig sauer 9mm barrel for my p226 ...seller says less than 800 rounds thru it ... replaced it with a threaded barrel... went to the midway store to purchase a 16# recoil spring.. sig oem... 120 for the barrel and 25 for the recoil spring .... gotta get a couple of p226 9mm mags ........still under budget Life is good !!!

I tested my Mk25 yesterday with SD ammo (Rem 115 gr JHP) and some mags I bought to make sure the combo works. It worked well. I only noticed a slight difference in recoil between 9mm and .40 - I will have to try them back to back next.

So last night I had various SIGs out of their cases and was seeing which of my holsters they fit.

I also tried to compare how they felt in my hand and the balance.

I like the Mk25 with Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves best. Best texture, best ergos, best balance. I especially liked it with the 20rd extended mag over the flush mag.

I have a 229 with the same grips and the balance and size of the magwell area of the frame (i.e., the grips area) was not as good; the balance was not quite right and the frame/magwell was too short - maybe I will try it with an extended mag.

I wish Hogue made rubber grips for the rest of the SIG P2xx series - especially the 227, which might make the 227 my favorite instead, even with the greater recoil of the .45 ACP. Of the three 227s I have, I like the Tactical best - especially with the TLR-2 HL-G on it - compared that to the TLR-8R and both the laser and light were much brighter, which was no surprise. Either light/laser combo worked well for me, but the green laser had a definite advantage over the red, as did the 1k lumens of the TLR-2 HL-G; it had more than twice the illumination distance and brightness of the TLR-8 but is about two times the size and weight. For most of my handguns, the TLR-8 G will be my future choice.

The TLR-2 fit well on the Tactical, where the TLR-8 was much more compact and lighter and better suited for the other SIGs. The 227 with the TLR-2 fit into the Safariland SLS holster I have that will take lights/lasers like the TLR-2 and Surefire X-300, a SIG without a larger light/laser will not fit snugly into it.

I tested my Mk25 yesterday with SD ammo (Rem 115 gr JHP) and some mags I bought to make sure the combo works. It worked well. I only noticed a slight difference in recoil between 9mm and .40 - I will have to try them back to back next.

So last night I had various SIGs out of their cases and was seeing which of my holsters they fit.

I also tried to compare how they felt in my hand and the balance.

I like the Mk25 with Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves best. Best texture, best ergos, best balance. I especially liked it with the 20rd extended mag over the flush mag.

I have a 229 with the same grips and the balance and size of the magwell area of the frame (i.e., the grips area) was not as good; the balance was not quite right and the frame/magwell was too short - maybe I will try it with an extended mag.

I wish Hogue made rubber grips for the rest of the SIG P2xx series - especially the 227, which might make the 227 my favorite instead, even with the greater recoil of the .45 ACP. Of the three 227s I have, I like the Tactical best - especially with the TLR-2 HL-G on it - compared that to the TLR-8R and both the laser and light were much brighter, which was no surprise. Either light/laser combo worked well for me, but the green laser had a definite advantage over the red, as did the 1k lumens of the TLR-2 HL-G; it had more than twice the illumination distance and brightness of the TLR-8 but is about two times the size and weight. For most of my handguns, the TLR-8 G will be my future choice.

The TLR-2 fit well on the Tactical, where the TLR-8 was much more compact and lighter and better suited for the other SIGs. The 227 with the TLR-2 fit into the Safariland SLS holster I have that will take lights/lasers like the TLR-2 and Surefire X-300, a SIG without a larger light/laser will not fit snugly into it.
Good info to know if I decide to add anything to my 220/226 or 228.... Still planning ong getting the 229 in 40. My 220 is 38 super German made with the heel mag release and I have done nothing in the way of sights lights or lazers except to pick up a fiberoptic set for the 220 which I haven't installed yet. Got the compact 365 tac pac a while ago with 3 12 round mags and I did put a TR23 green light laser on it and it's killer... I highly recommend it. The only trouble was finding a IWB holster to accommodate the laser for EDC. Finally found one that works great ( inexpensive kydex/nylon -like made by Werkz made in Idaho...nice guy BTW!)

Good info to know if I decide to add anything to my 220/226 or 228.... Still planning ong getting the 229 in 40. My 220 is 38 super German made with the heel mag release and I have done nothing in the way of sights lights or lazers except to pick up a fiberoptic set for the 220 which I haven't installed yet. Got the compact 365 tac pac a while ago with 3 12 round mags and I did put a TR23 green light laser on it and it's killer... I highly recommend it. The only trouble was finding a IWB holster to accommodate the laser for EDC. Finally found one that works great ( inexpensive kydex/nylon -like made by Werkz made in Idaho...nice guy BTW!)
I love those Hornady 115 gr sxt in my Sig's that are 9mm... Its a good round and you can pick up cheap 115 he fmg rounds by sellier and bellot for practice that keeps you on point for using the defensive rounds as the recoil/trajectory stays about the same

I've been feeling down lately since I got my speeding ticket (OFF TOPIC post, I got a speeding ticket), to cheer myself up, I decided to sell my FDE M11-A1. So I upgraded to a P229 Legion. Holly cow! What a gun! I have large size hands and the Legion fits me like a glove. IMO I like the compact more than the full size P226. A bit lighter and not as bulky.

OP, if you can afford it, get a Legion. Better grip, better sights, awesome trigger (DA is still a bit heavy but I'm gonna shoot the pi$$ out of it), and the gray finish is awesome. I'm in love with Sig again :D
20200518_221257.jpg

It's all about ergos (and the trigger). I would like to try a SIG P2xx with more beavertail, I think it would be more comfortable, but not going to pay those prices.

I watched a YT vid on a guy who is loading .40 up to 10mm levels in a Glock with a Lone Wolf barrel (fully supported chamber). Claims the cut rifled (instead of polygonal) barrel gives him more velocity. It probably isn't dangerous as the brass is just 10mm short right? Anyway, he seems to get away with it.

In an alloy framed SIG though, I think the frame would wear more. One would probably want a steel frame (SSE instead of ASE). The P220 in 10mm is a steel frame, so I would want an SSE model 226 in .40 before I shot very much ammo loaded to 10mm levels. I suppose the polymer frame of the Glock would handle it better, but in that case, why not just get the 10mm Glock and buy the ammo instead?

...... I'm shocked i tell ya, Kruel J with a sig and a 40 cal to boot ........i just received my OEM 9mm barrel and meggar mags . genuine recoil spring ....made in usa Good Times !!! Have a safe and happy memorial day holiday and weekend !!!!! Shocked !!!!!

...... I'm shocked i tell ya, Kruel J with a sig and a 40 cal to boot ........i just received my OEM 9mm barrel and meggar mags . genuine recoil spring ....made in usa Good Times !!! Have a safe and happy memorial day holiday and weekend !!!!! Shocked !!!!!

What can I say, your thread inspired me. :):cool:

.....still working on my sig p226...want a guide rod for the 16# spring and maybe some night sights....any recommendations? I know, almost finished.....srt maybe in the future .......Be safe!!!!! Inspired....Hell Yea !!!!

Stopped by Midway USA and ordered the SRT kit and a 18# trigger spring...tube of the sig grease for lubrication.....should be ready for some 9mm time at the local range

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top