Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Defensive Arts
Low Price Guns
Oregon Rifleworks
Sporting Systems

Sig Sauer P226, any thoughts?

aasbra

Reactions
Had one years ago, was one of the older models probably from the 80s marked "Made in W. Germany". Sold it to one of my best friends who still has it. I replaced it with a P228 that I still have.

The 226 was among the best 9mms I have owned, which is quite a few. It always shot well for me. I would buy another without hesitation.

Reactions
The classic Sig P series is top shelf. A must have for any collection. There is a reason the Navy SEALS and other global military and police used these designs for decades.

If you like hammer fired guns, it doesn't get much better and the only equivalent competitors would be CZ75 and HK USP in my view.

If you like striker fired guns, take a good test drive on a Sig DAK model. I absolutely love the DAK trigger system and don't understand why it's not more popular. It seems to be the best of both worlds combining the safety of hammers but the trigger similarities of a striker.

In no particular order, Leadcounsel's list of best semi-auto pistol designs ever (based on combination of overall design and function, durability, reliability, innovation, ergos, controls, aesthetics, adopted by professionals globally, and being copied by others):
*Classic Sig P series (P220, P226, P229)
*Classic Glock series (G17-G35 or so)
*HK USP series
* CZ75 series
* Walther P99 variants
* Browning High Power which really did influence many of these and must be recognized.

No collection is complete without samples of each.

Last edited:

No_Regerts

Reactions
I’m a fan of hammer fired Sig pistols. I’ve only owned the DA/SA variety. Each one I buy gets an SRT kit and an 18# hammer spring. Sigs are REALLY over-sprung and it makes the DA trigger pull a bit heavier than I would like.

Great gun. For me, they are very accurate. I shot our department PPC with a P226 and scored 500 out of 500 with all head shots, out to 25 yards.

MechaNik

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Oregon Firearms Federation
  • Second Amendment Foundation
  • Gun Owners of America
If you find a good price, jump on it. They're pretty darn good. My p226 is my backpack/beat up gun because it already has its bumps and bruises from being a trade in. It'll eat steel, aluminum, brass, flat point, hollow point, round nose, anything. Controls suck for a lefty but I've worked around them as I often have to

MechaNik

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Oregon Firearms Federation
  • Second Amendment Foundation
  • Gun Owners of America
Wrong person to ask. :D

My 226 (Mk25) vies with my 227 for being my favorite SIG - but then, I have ten of them, so like I said - I am the wrong person to ask.
Ten Sig's?? And I thought I had a brand trend with 9 Glocks of different flavors. Do you have any repeats? I'm remembering now you have a p224 I'm jealous of

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Flayed Customs
    5.00 star(s)
    Sean at Flayed customs did an amazing stipple, double undercut, and ceracote of my Glock. The work is on par if not better than a lot of the...
  • Coat of Arms - Firearms & Cerakoting
    5.00 star(s)
    Stopped in looking for a Magpul trigger guard and pin. Took care of me and even managed to get me to walk out with 3 other items!:s0140: Highly...
    • HA556
    5.00 star(s)
    I visited the store earlier this year and purchased a scope. They have very competitive pricing and a large inventory . No question I would buy...
    3.00 star(s)
    I hate to give a negative -ish review to CoA, so let me lead with positives. They are close to me, they often have a good selection, and I’ve had...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is awesome. He's helped me with two Form 4 transfers so far. I live 45 minutes away and happily make the drive to support such a great vendor!
Top Bottom