JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a M11-A1, pretty much a 226 compact (mine is a P228). I love it, it is very accurate and reliable. I don't care about the factory 3 dot night sites and the double action pull is a little too heavy. Yeah I can put in a lighter hammer spring but meh.

My M11 is a chunk and has some weight, so the 226 will be even heavier. But Sigs are sweet and I'd totally get one if you want one and have the money for one.

A good holster and a nice stiff gun belt is the way to go if you wanna carry it. And the above mentioned "platform" has good capacity too.
View attachment 695274
View attachment 695275
I want one just like that!:D

I have an SRT on some of my guns, but I will send at least one into the armorer for the action job and the QTR. If I like it, then the rest will get the same treatment - assuming I have the $ to afford it. But at least my Mk 25 and my 227 Tactical will probably get it. Maybe the 224 and have him fit a BarSto threaded match barrel.

Had two (on old base model DA/SA and a legion SAO, also a P225 which is basically the same gun). Excellent pistols! A bit on the heavy side but very well built. They can be picky on ammo sometimes and only use factory mags, all of my aftermarket ones had issues!

The P220 SRT kit is cheaper and the same as the others except it comes with a new decocking lever.

Putting an SRT in my 220 made for a shorter reset but the SA pull has enough creep now that it could be classed as a two stage trigger.
An Armory Craft hammer may take that out as it's ground to a different angle than the factory one.
But I'm not going to drop anymore parts into that one and it's going to Robert Burke for an action job with the QTR .
That way I can go back to the original trigger and ditch the Armory Craft adjustable trigger.
Along with a shorter reset, the QTR reduces DA and SA take up with no overtravel.
Add in the Superstrut with a 20# spring and it'll have a great trigger and eat any ammo.

Of course there is always stoning fixtures and one could try doing it themselves but for that type work I'll just leave it to the guy that does it every day.

I have an SRT on some of my guns, but I will send at least one into the armorer for the action job and the QTR. If I like it, then the rest will get the same treatment - assuming I have the $ to afford it. But at least my Mk 25 and my 227 Tactical will probably get it. Maybe the 224 and have him fit a BarSto threaded match barrel.
Have you already researched the price on an action job an qtr? If so what's the projected cost....( Just that not with the Barstow upgrade )
Thanks Heretic!

thinking hard about a sig p226, any thoughts?
Highly recommend it. But the new infused frame Sig is really accurate and the p365 is also great. I own glocks but love my p226 elite! Bought one right after I shot one. Great sights well balanced easy to clean and multi cal by changing barrels and mag for 9mm.

Great gun IF it fits your hands (its a thicker double stack). If not, you can get the single stack 220.

A 226 in .40 with spare .357 Sig Barrel and 9mm conversion barrel would be an excellent set up. If weight is not a factor, go the ST or even better, ST Elite route.

$.02 worth.
Boss

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews