JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just watched Red Dawn last night. The good one with Patrick Swayze. I got my plan for the break down aaaallllll figured out!

:s0033: :s0155:
The only problem with that movie is.
The THREAT TO THE USA .
is not coming from other countries.
We our having a COUP From with in

Number one rule .
To dictate a country.
Disarm the people.
And get rid of the vote system.
And the DEMS say the want to get rid of the .
Electoral college.
Mmmmmmmmmmm.
Lock and load.
And choose your friends wisely

What's the Plan...?
Like so many things...It depends.
On :
Your health and fitness...
You willingness to do what is necessary or being adaptable...
The actual "Event" itself...
How "attached" you are to your home , car , other things owned...
Your mindset at the idea of doing without all those items that you simply "must have"...
Whether or not your "friends" and neighbors fail or "turn" on you , in the event of a crisis / emergency / moment of self interest...
Where you live...or where you are when the "Event" happens...all the planning and prepping may not help if you are "here" in the "Event" and your preps / support / people are waaay over "there"...

The above are just a few of the "What If's" that need to be considered when making a "Plan".
Please note that I not saying Not to plan or prep...Just that it is easy to go overboard here...
Andy

You really think you will be welcome at someone's prep site?

^. This.

We've made major life decisions, including where we're setup at the present, as well as expansion plans that are in motion now, around bugging in. We're off the beaten path, have gone to great lengths to be ready for emergencies, and have put ourselves on defensible ground. The same can be said for other family groups within our extended family and those locations are connected via various communications methods. If "it" goes down in a serious way, very close family (by blood and marriage), and those united by similar close/intimate relationships, would be welcome. Mutual support and defense is part of the plan, after all.

But complete strangers welcome? No, absolutely not. Though not hostile people, we would have to assume the worst if people started showing up. Sorry, it is just a hard truth that I have to put our tribe first.

P.S. I am assuming we're talking about a major disaster here, in which no one knows when or if the lights are ever coming back on. If we're talking about something short term and localized (e.g., blizzard, wildfires, flooding, et al.), we absolutely would render aid to friends and strangers, as well as help with whatever community efforts were underway.

What's the Plan...?
Like so many things...It depends.
On :
Your health and fitness...
You willingness to do what is necessary or being adaptable...
The actual "Event" itself...
How "attached" you are to your home , car , other things owned...
Your mindset at the idea of doing without all those items that you simply "must have"...
Whether or not your "friends" and neighbors fail or "turn" on you , in the event of a crisis / emergency / moment of self interest...
Where you live...or where you are when the "Event" happens...all the planning and prepping may not help if you are "here" in the "Event" and your preps / support / people are waaay over "there"...

The above are just a few of the "What If's" that need to be considered when making a "Plan".
Please note that I not saying Not to plan or prep...Just that it is easy to go overboard here...
Andy
A few things you said .
I know pretty much all my neighbors EXCEPT the new ones.
Two are gun people the other one
Will be dependent on me .
As for all the rest I don't care .
And I have used a range finder .
I know how many yards from my door to the door across the street and the yardage to the end of the street .
And the most important .
I KNOW HOW FAR IT IS FROM MY FRONT DOOR TO MY GATE /MAIL BOX.
so there is that and I have stuff packed to move if I have to.

This might sound paranoid to some.
BUT WHEN IT COMES IT WILL BE TO LATE TO GO OUT AND TAKE YARDAGE.
MMMMMMMMM .
notice I said WHEN IT COMES.
not if it comes

Okay there is some pretty good informative stuff here. Well, I teach my kids (stepkids) to be informed. We don't t sugarcoat anything. However, my two boys are 15 and 16 and unfortunately have disabilities. They do jump to the worst exaggerated conclusion.... however, I am just asking about this in the sense of "we have to stick together as people if the people in charge of the cou try go against their own". I understand.... i wouldn't be to keen on letting a stranger in either, in a situation like this except if i might know them a littlebit and they know I am prepared. So if I have a site and tell friends/family or even just neighbors to show up and say "floopydoopymcdoodely" at the gate, i let them in.

I dont get offended by the sarcasm btw. its all good! And KZ means Konzentrationslager aka concentration camp. I am certain this is where the united states are headed given the recent developments. Heck, its already begun going that way so how do you prepare for an event where the government disarms you, shovels you onto busses or into prisons. What do you do if the swat team shows up in the neighborhood and pulles your neighbors out of their houses and hauls them off because they are gunowners? We would be outta here in no time. I have a little bit of a plan carved out with various "foreign soils" on the way, meanwhile we would have to survive while getting there.

Okay there is some pretty good informative stuff here. Well, I teach my kids (stepkids) to be informed. We don't t sugarcoat anything. However, my two boys are 15 and 16 and unfortunately have disabilities. They do jump to the worst exaggerated conclusion.... however, I am just asking about this in the sense of "we have to stick together as people if the people in charge of the cou try go against their own". I understand.... i wouldn't be to keen on letting a stranger in either, in a situation like this except if i might know them a littlebit and they know I am prepared. So if I have a site and tell friends/family or even just neighbors to show up and say "floopydoopymcdoodely" at the gate, i let them in.

I dont get offended by the sarcasm btw. its all good! And KZ means Konzentrationslager aka concentration camp. I am certain this is where the united states are headed given the recent developments. Heck, its already begun going that way so how do you prepare for an event where the government disarms you, shovels you onto busses or into prisons. What do you do if the swat team shows up in the neighborhood and pulles your neighbors out of their houses and hauls them off because they are gunowners? We would be outta here in no time. I have a little bit of a plan carved out with various "foreign soils" on the way, meanwhile we would have to survive while getting there.
No worries .
I will say this .
When it does come to a SHTF .
Situation.
Dont trust anyone .unl UNLESS you know them or want to help them.
Basically .
If they didn't prep then F@#$ them
They probably believe in UNICORNS .
ALSO

I have people all the time that say this.
WHEN THE $#!+ HIT THE FAN.
IM COMING TO YOUR HOUSE.
LOL.

AND I SAY OH NO YOUR NOT.
if you cannot contribute to ME AND MINE.
you are on your own

MVIMG_20190105_162354.jpg Here you go a good start besides .
Guns and ammo .look around online you can find cases of these.
So this is what I was told.
When the NATIONAL GUARD AND OR REGULAR ARMY DO TRAINING.
say like in YAKIMA Washington.
They take out so many cases of MRE .
AND if they don't use them they can not return them to the military . storage.
So guys take them and sell them.mmmmm
Who cares as I don't care .
They don't get paid enough anyway.
But you can find cases for sell online .
There good for 25 years.
Buy a few cases put it in your closet and forget it all you need is water.
Witch you can buy cases of water at Walmart for like 4 bucks. MVIMG_20190105_162413.jpg

PS: if we need NFA items to fend off an invasion or protect ourselves from malicious hoards, we aren't doing 2A right...
Ask a guy that's been in combat.if he used full auto . after Vietnam.
Unless he was holding a SAW .
PROBABLY NEVER USED FULL AUTO.
oh I for got.the M2

So... I've been informing myself about all the new gun laws that are going to pass. It might sou d paranoid but... Is there a place everyone meets up at with their families when shtf?

Like in the movie "Defiance" with daniel craig? Any prepper camps i could get to with my family when the civil war starts? I would like to be hanging around people with lots of NFA items and such in case of emergency.

Please don't laugh, this is a serious question and my kids are freaking out too thinking they will take us away to a KZ.

Not that would be announced on a public forum. Nobody's gonna announce that.

Ask a guy that's been in combat.if he used full auto . after Vietnam.
Unless he was holding a SAW .
PROBABLY NEVER USED FULL AUTO.
oh I for got.the M2

Don't forget the M60..A good M60 team is worth their weight in gold.
That said...
I have used the Burst setting on the M16A2 / M4 ...not very often however...mostly during house to house / room to room type fighting or during a very close range ambush.
And with that said...
If I had to get shot at again...I'd love it to be a guy who has no idea how to shoot a rifle on full auto / burst / bumpfire and or slidefire / binary trigger...they tend to become "anti aircraft guns"....:D
Andy

Don't forget the M60..A good M60 team is worth their weight in gold.
That said...
I have used the Burst setting on the M16A2 / M4 ...not very often however...mostly during house to house / room to room type fighting or during a very close range ambush.
And with that said...
If I had to get shot at again...I'd love it to be a guy who has no idea how to shoot a rifle on full auto / burst / bumpfire and or slidefire / binary trigger...they tend to become "anti aircraft guns"....:D
Andy
Sorry I forget about that one

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews