JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does informing oneself about new gun laws suddenly transition to a SHTF concern?

Hello again.

Thank you! Here is a cup of coffee for you.

There are a boat load of new laws in effect, being proposed AND ones that passed that are in the news across this country. Many of them are posted in the regular (L/R and in between (!) news websites.) and on .gov websites. Many of the laws that were already passed have major issues with them since they were passed. What the lawmakers found out was that what they thought would work with the state police (VT is just one example.) when it came to checks does NOT work. Within the last couple of days this has been mentioned. I do not think that I am allowed to post all of those news links here.

There are many, many examples where snowflake gun laws, eerrrr, feel good laws made and passed by ordinary gun people and super anti gun zealots have run into problems.

Heck, we have had and still HAVE some of these problems in Montana between the State AG and some cities (Missoula being one of them.) when there was NO vote-NO election given to the 'people' and things were passed by city council. The majority of them - well - use your imagination there! The lawsuits were/are being passed back and forth. Many Montana people were Not even aware of this between city and county laws while the CITY ignored the Montana State Constitution!

People would be shocked on how many gun folks do not pay attention to their laws that were already passed or may be passed. They would be even more shocked (NOT all of them though.) when they found out that the NRA, a few other gun orgs including some famous MT ones did NOT even show up at the city council meetings and in other places where the DISCUSSIONS went on. Town safety meetings, etc. On top of that some of us, ME included, had to inform some people what was going on. Did some people show up and/or spread the word as best as they could? YES. But not tons of them!

Furthermore... many of the governors in so called free states or formerly 'free' states across this nation have really, really shown their true colors and so have their long time and new candidates running for various elections.

The NRA showed up at 1, ONE, meeting here in this town - one time. He was from Northern CA if my memory is accurate here. NO other gun org showed up - no one from the MT group. The main leader. When I called the NRA HQ in VA more than one time... I got ZERO INFORMATION - JACK SQUAT in help! Fact! My MT born and raised husband was next to me when I made those telephone calls.

I called people from my range too. Some of them had NO clue what was going on.

My MT born and raised husband and I called our city leaders and one person answered the telephone. She already had her mind made up. But I already knew that from her past record. UGH. SHE was and is one of those females (Or men!) who claim to be the most TOLERANT in politics but IS in one of the most intolerant groups/sides of people that I have EVER known in my 68 years on earth! And I have been involved in all kinds of politics since I was 12 years old. Fact. The other politico, man, in my district who was from CA and moved here and never met a gun law or some other new/improved law and higher taxes that he did not like or vote for NEVER RETURNED our calls. My husband and I were polite. We did not want to send emails to be ignored or fooled with so we made calls.

Take care. Blessings to you and yours.

Yours in liberty,

Cate
Typos - I tried to include 2 quotes and screwed it up. Oh well.

Last Edited:
Serious question, serious answer

As others have suggested the best plan is to have it all worked out with your family and friends BEFORE it happens, but if you don't . . .

Assuming the situation is TEOTWAWKI and not just head to the woods and hang out for a week or so and you don't have a buddy system in place you damn well better have some useful hard skills to bring to the table and the soft skills to sell yourself to the 'selection committee' PDQ. Lets say you manage to find a camp worth joining that will offer some protection for you and yours, put yourself in their shoes for a second
They planed ahead
They scouted and secured the site
They worked together to develop an exit strategy and transportation
They probably have a have an ad hoc chain of command in place

and more, but you get the idea.

So now for you (assuming you haven't worked all this out before hand), just take the word "They" out of all that and substitute the words "You didn't".

Not trying to be harsh, but explain to me why "they" would let "you" in as anything more than cannon fodder or a field hand? :s0093:
And super not trying to be harsh, but if that is all you are good for as a man (that's right, I just assumed your gender :s0121:) what do you think women will "be good for"?

JMHO, turn off the news, turn on music and dance with your kids.
Teach them to shoot and fish because it is fun and builds character, go camping for the same reasons.
Stock a little (or a lot, your call) extra food because you never know when we might have another bad snow storm or maybe some friends drop by unannounced.

And in the words of the the great Bobby McFerrin . . .

Yeah how old are your kids?

If they are younger than 18 your telling them, and teaching them wrong.
Let children have their childhood. Don't rob them of that. They will live with un-needed anxiety and stress their whole lives.

You should teach them in a way that isn't showing them the evil of the world, but teaches them life and survival skills.

Land navigation
Map reading
Camping
Hunting
Fishing
Building shelters
Fire making
Bug out bags
Camouflage
Farming/gardens
Forest survival or whatever environment you live in.

You can do this without fear, and make it fun.

Can't exactly discuss active civil war on a public forum..... You need to get out and meet a lot of other shooters, build friendships, and trust. These people and things come in handy in the day-to-day too.

Take classes, go to ranges and competitions.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-03_at_7.51.33_PM_c23-0-1173-671_s885x516.png

Kill Zone, as in "When she asks you if the clothes she's wearing make her look fat, beware, you have entered a Kill Zone."

My guess is that Joe will decide not to do this as he doesn't want this site to be a political site. We keep it to the section in which it is allowed and that is it.
I get that. I really do. Personally I do not see this as political but more supporting those of us in CO. Problem with pro-gunners (as I see it) is that we are fractured in our beliefs while those who would want to do away with our rights are united in their dislike. If it works in CO you will then see it in the rest of the Left Coast soon enough. My 2 cents.

The PROBLEM is as soon as some snow flake sees a bumber sticker they will be on here .
Starting $#!+ And we all know that I hate COMPETITION.
lol

I just watched Red Dawn last night. The good one with Patrick Swayze. I got my plan for the break down aaaallllll figured out!

:s0033: :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads