JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Isreal gets fed up and just bumbs Iranian Nuke plant. All out war starts in the Middle East and all oil delivery stops. 70% of domestic oil is reserved for the military and gas is now $15 per gallon. What happens now? It is very possible for one action to bring the world to a grinding halt.

I ride my bike to work & lose that 10 pounds I keep bubbleguming about. Double the size of my garden, get a few (illegal in city limits) chickens in the yard, take down the fence on the side w/ the foreclosed house to make room for (again illegal) goats.

:)

FYI, we get more gas from Canada than we do from the Middle East...

But anyhoot....take your scenario (which is a very likely one) and expand on it. Gas will rise, there is no doubt about that. But lets add anti-war protests, government interventions and even state-wide sanctions and Martial Law being put into place...add inflation and panic and you have a dissaster at a global level (just not as immediate as you might think).

FYI, we get more gas from Canada than we do from the Middle East...

But anyhoot....take your scenario (which is a very likely one) and expand on it. Gas will rise, there is no doubt about that. But lets add anti-war protests, government interventions and even state-wide sanctions and Martial Law being put into place...add inflation and panic and you have a dissaster at a global level (just not as immediate as you might think).

Yeah, but just a small decrease in flow will send everyone into a screaming panic, which will drive prices (and availability).

The question for those who prepare is "what will happen next?" and next and next and....:D:D what ya gonna do when the lights go out.....:D:D:s0112:

jj:D

The question for those who prepare is "what will happen next?" and next and next and....:D:D what ya gonna do when the lights go out.....:D:D:s0112:

jj:D

The lights never go out if you have enough solar power on your house. :)

I think I'd lose about 40 pounds because I would be riding the bike to work also. I'd also stock up on bicycle tires and tubes.

wg

Everything that relies on fuel will stop or get VERY expensive. How many farmers will still be able to fuel equipment? Those that can will want a whole lot more. What about trucking, heating oil, electricity....?

The lights never go out if you have enough solar power on your house. :)

I think I'd lose about 40 pounds because I would be riding the bike to work also. I'd also stock up on bicycle tires and tubes.

wg

Seems funny the world going to **** and people worry about a job that won't exist.:s0131:

just thinking:s0112::s0112:

jj

Isreal gets fed up and just bumbs Iranian Nuke plant. All out war starts in the Middle East and all oil delivery stops. 70% of domestic oil is reserved for the military and gas is now $15 per gallon. What happens now? It is very possible for one action to bring the world to a grinding halt.

Here's one as well.

We chose to sell 6.4 billion dollars worth of arms to Taiwan, which pisses China off to no end. We follow it up with Obama chooses to meet with the Dalai Lama, a person the Chinese leadership sees as a subversive element and possible revolutionary. Google claims that China is attacking some of their customers, tells China they aren't that interested in censoring information anymore and also contacts the NSA to get US government help and ferret out these wayward Chinese hackers. Angry beyond words, the Chinese elect to subvert our economy by selling us lots of goods. They have been taking the extra money they use to invest in bonds and US t bills until they have too many then they switch to buying and stocking massivly irrationally huge amounts of raw materials like copper, molybdenum etc.

Pissed off at us. They decide on a proactive Bug-Out strategy and dump the bonds on the world market. The US economy crashes huge. We do not have enough of a mfg base to make products while the Chinese Yuan does fine as they have lots of raw materials to continue mfg for the rest of the world. They start pumping massive amounts of credit internally and switch to ramping up domestic production and consumption to make up for the loss of exports.

The US dollar crashed in a huge and massive way, and although worldwide oil stays the same or actually decreases, it costs us inside the US 5 times more as the dollar is worth so much less. It makes the Israeli attack on Iran which followed this crash seem small in comparison.

Our elected leaders ?????:s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

He_ _ most or our "elected officials" can't pay their own bills, balance their own check book, pay their own taxes, efficiently run ANY government bureaucracy or department or run any kind of business......... and we're supposed to trust them to make the right decisions concerning our economy and country?
Hasn't worked in a hundred years..... in either party or house or branch..... why would we expect it to happen then? :huh:

I was being sarcastic, because billcoe was giving a "scenario" of what is actually happening right now. :s0155:

China obviously does have us by the short and curlies, and any non-disaster SHTF scenario is probably going to be a result of some combination of what billcoe was mentioning.

Matt, I knew that my friend..... (even our most ardent and blind government supporting "friends" here on NWFA, wouldn't say that for real!) I was just extending my $.02 worth and my "undying respect" for our beloved politicians....:D

Have a good one!:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads