JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Cold Steel Triple action 24TAT Tanto point.
001.JPG

I have a lot of knives; nothing fancy; many brands and types..

But the knife I use the most costs $1.98....

I buy them on line; ten at a time, and position them anywhere I may need them...

Great casual gifting or stocking stuffers.

Keep out of reach of children...

download.jpeg

I buy them on line; ten at a time, and position them anywhere I may need them...

View attachment 402318
Yeabut I've had my $40 Spyderco Endura on my person for the last 30yrs so I win.

"hide

Yeabut I've had my $40 Spyderco Endura on my person for the last 30yrs so I win. "hide

I have one OD Green Wahoo Killer on my tractor; it was the first of 2 that I bought for Y2K. I lost the other one....:confused:

The joy of giving a knife to family or a friend is priceless; even if it's only $1.98. Only one person (of the 20 or so) has bubblegumed about the cheap knife....suffice to say, "family life" can be over-rated.:eek:

What is so difficult about saying: "Cool , thanks a lot for the knife." , instead of griping about it being a "cheap knife"?
Someone goes out of their way to gift you with something...The least you can do is say "Thank you".
Andy

Who else but a histrionic parent?

Honestly, the knives are a kick!

The loop on the sheath isn't closed, so they can fall off a belt. A guy at the shooting club collects top dollar guns and knives; he loved it.

The Only one I'd love to put up for viewing was a standard USMC Ka-Bar that was a Gift from the Boyfriend of a High School friend. I never met the man but I carried the knife daily while stationed in the RVN. It was sharp enough to shave with and proved to be sharp enough to perform surgery with. While on an inspection trip I found myself in the CP of a unit "in the boonies" when a Sky Trooper walk/crawled into the tent. He said he felt sick and the medic(I am using that term very lightly) said something about "where do you hurt". At that point the Trooper dropped his pants and showed his belly. The medic pasted out cold. Having THE sharp knife, six Morphine Syrettes, clean dry T-shirts, a little First-aid training and with the Doctor on the radio; I removed his appendix. I wasn't allowed to bring it home:mad::mad::mad:(the _______ said it was issued to me so...) and I Lost the address of my friend so I couldn't Thank Him properly well, it was still a very nice knife.

Now that's a knife!!!

View attachment 402318

I cannot see the logo on the knife, but it looks like a modern Mora or something similar.

If it is...I've owned a few of these over many years. Originally I bought them because I could afford them. Later, I owned them just because they were a very efficient and effective knife, regardless of the price. They sharpened easy, and remained sharp. Remaining in my boats, I never worried about them.:cool:

Here's the newest one. I must have three or four different posts of it on here!
I'm a real knife ho post hog! :rolleyes:
BTW, I like this knife more than most of my others! It's a $100 knife and I enjoy it more than some knives that cost twice as much. Its a flipper, and I sit here and practice to open it the gentlest and quietest.

EC064FF6-CD3B-4D6A-B8FB-AB2839B7F8E6.jpeg

Last Edited:
Sgt Nambu: Looks like it might even get all the way through a stick of Hot Butter if you can saw it Long enough!!!:D:p:D:p

It is a nice looking sticker by the way.:D:D:D

Last Edited:

View attachment 402318

I got a Mora and left it in a box for a year. Now I needed a knife, found the box, the knife was covered with rust. If you buy a Mora, buy a stainless steel one. :)

Anyways, a knife vid I just uploaded.

Last Edited:
This is my grandfather's knife. He passed away fairly young, 53, I was only 5 at the time and have limited memories of him. He made this knife while in the Navy in WWII. He was serving aboard a "Jeep" carrier as part of Task Group Taffy 1 in the South Pacific. He built this knife, and the sheath, on board ship sometime during that period of service, likely during one of the long crossings.

My dad passed this on to me a number of years ago for safekeeping. It's among one of my most valued possessions, and the only thing I have from my grandfather. That its something he made himself, and that during WWII, is a big deal for me. This will pass to my daughter some day.

Grandpa McCarty Knife 1a.jpeg

Grandpa McCarty Knife 2a.jpeg

Grandpa McCarty Knife 3a.jpeg

My late grandpa's 20's stag handled KaBar...Its now retired, but it started life on the Dakota prairie, and was used to process hundreds of critters over the years. Pride of the collection...

IMG_0981.JPG

And a few others...

IMG_1003.JPG

This is my grandfather's knife. He passed away fairly young, 53, I was only 5 at the time and have limited memories of him. He made this knife while in the Navy in WWII. He was serving aboard a "Jeep" carrier as part of Task Group Taffy 1 in the South Pacific. He built this knife, and the sheath, on board ship sometime during that period of service, likely during one of the long crossings.

My dad passed this on to me a number of years ago for safekeeping. It's among one of my most valued possessions, and the only thing I have from my grandfather. That its something he made himself, and that during WWII, is a big deal for me. This will pass to my daughter some day.

View attachment 402514

View attachment 402515

View attachment 402516

That's incredibly cool, etrain!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top