JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally got the opportunity to pick up a 0561 this week, glad I did, quickly becoming one of my favorites. Cleaned it up, put a new edge on it and added a lanyard as I'm not used to deep pocket clips. Not too sure about the lanyard yet.

20171116_215841.jpg

I got a Mora and left it in a box for a year. Now I needed a knife, found the box, the knife was covered with rust. If you buy a Mora, buy a stainless steel one. :)

I always try to buy stainless knives and guns and other tools exclusively if possible, even if it costs more.

SS can rust - ask anyone who lives (or lived) on the coast, but it takes longer and it is easier to care for.

If our ancestors had a choice between stainless and carbon they sure as heck go for the stainless! It would free up hours in their weekly activities! JMHO

I like knives as well as the next guy but cheap/coated/"designer" blades are just not my thing.
Of course I have a worn phosphated Camillus and whatnots and even cold blued my 30 year old Trailmaster a ways back.
But if you want a "tell" (check out this thread) for your unused safe queef, with a helping of uncleanable cheese remnants, knock yourself out. feh

I like knives as well as the next guy but cheap/coated/"designer" blades are just not my thing.
Of course I have a worn phosphated Camillus and whatnots and even cold blued my 30 year old Trailmaster a ways back.
But if you want a "tell" (check out this thread) for your unused safe queef, with a helping of uncleanable cheese remnants, knock yourself out. feh

I put most shiny blades I get (stainless or not) into a cup of vinegar and sulfuric acid until the shiny turns black. Rinse and repeat a number of times until the black patina does not rub off, then I oil it up with veggie oil.

Seems to work for me. Not shiny anymore and whether stainless or not it does not rust as quickly.

I put most shiny blades I get (stainless or not) into a cup of vinegar and sulfuric acid until the shiny turns black. Rinse and repeat a number of times until the black patina does not rub off, then I oil it up with veggie oil.

Seems to work for me. Not shiny anymore and whether stainless or not it does not rust as quickly.
I hear you. Knives are pretty personal.

We stopped at Ramblin Jacks Ribeye for lunch on the way home from the Centrailia gun show today, and the girl that seated us kept looking down at my belt, and I realized I had this hanging from it...
IMG_3963.JPG
12 3/4 inches of Stag and steel that I had forgotten I put there after the fella I only know as "knife guy" talked me into buying it. All hand made, one of a kind blade with a very cool shape to it. he said he just recently made the sheath himself.... I got a great deal on it... He even took an extra $10 off for a hug from my wife.
Wait... did I just pimp out my wife a little bit?:eek::cool:

IMG_3959.JPG IMG_3960.JPG IMG_3961.JPG

The annual NRA_LOD code only worked for a very short time this year and I didn't get my Benchmade order in before it stopped working. A few weeks ago I found another code that knocks another 25% off the logged-in leo/mil price so I ordered the Casbah.

It's a little smaller than my other auto; also a Benchmade that I was issued back when I was active duty.

Autos.jpg

Benchmade Mark A. Lee Commemorative. I bought it on the classifieds here a while back with just the knife and sheath. I had a kydex sheath made for it and do use it although it mostly sits on top of my BOB.
Though it's a "commemorative", I can think of no better way to honor Mark Lee and our fallen brethren than by actually putting it to use.

DSCN0248.JPG DSCN0246.JPG DSCN0247.JPG DSCN0205.JPG

finger knife.jpg

Here is a rather nice hand made Damascus Kukri I picked up recently. Blade of this knife is made of 416 layers of 1095 and 15N20 high carbon steel. Its perfectly balanced on the finger hole and is well made.

Blade Length: 9.75 Inches
Handle Length: 5.25 Inches
Total Length: 15.00 Inches
Thickness: 4 to 5 mm Approx
Layers: 416
Hardness: 58-60 HRC
Handle: Olive Wood Handle with Damascus Bolsters & Brass Pins

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR