JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of our forum members here on NWFA, Bill Seigle is a local knife maker who does great work. Here is a set of camp knives my son has from him. Being washed off in the creek after a recent camping trip.

orangewet2.jpg

IMG_1240.JPG As an addendum to my last post, today I was at another pawn shop and they had for sale another Buck 110, in rougher shape but also much cheaper than the one I picked up last month. Since it was the exact same knife, my practical side said "a fool and his money are soon parted..." so naturally, I bought it anyway.

My Buckmaster 184. Picked it up at the PX in Germany in 84. EDC'd it for two years doing border patrol along the former Communist borders. It was just badass. One time I used it to cut a track shroud lengthwise so it would fit my M113. Track shroud was off an M577 commo vehicle. CO said get 'er done yesterday so, yes sir! I put the shammy cloth on the handle one day back in Germany. We were all sitting around drinking bier. I cut the shammy cloth into long , narrow strips, wound it around tightly and held it in place with super glue. It's been that way ever since, through rain, snow, mud, etc. Freaking unreal. Lol.
Gerber BMF's. One I got on a trade back in 87. The other I got on ebay for thirty bucks a couple of years ago. I can't believe what they're going for now.
My favorite all time knife though is the Camillus pilots knife. I have several scattered about the house and in the cars. I've had one since high school and carried it with me in the Army as well. I'll update with a pic.

knifey.jpg

Last Edited:
11" Nepalese Kukuri special ordered w/micarta handles and kydex sheath.

Needs a little modification to fit my hand but I have a very good friend that is a big knife guy and can do it for me but I just haven't got around too it.

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

11" Nepalese Kukuri special ordered w/micarta handles and kydex sheath.

Needs a little modification to fit my hand but I have a very good friend that is a big knife guy and can do it for me but I just haven't got around too it.

View attachment 315959

View attachment 315960
I have one similar, but not as pretty. My dad brought it home from the Philippines in WW2. We used it for everything up to splitting kindling when I was growing up. I'll dig it up and post a pic.

This modern Marble's knife may or may not be compared to the originals, but one thing none of them have, new or old, is this great bead work!

I keep buying knives, and I keep having custom sheaths made, but seldom do any of them leave the house.o_O

WAYNO.

P1010112_zps9985d23d.jpg

Given to me by my step grandfather in law who I knew for too short of a time but was one of the coolest old guys I've met.

A friend of his brought this back from the Middle East and I wish I had written down the story behind it because I have long forgotten it unfortunately.

This was a user and not a tourist trophy so I have kept the leather clean and never polished it like I have wanted to many times but it has character. I believe the shape is to get around a shield. It is strong and sharp enough to shave with and IMO as an amature knife guy it would hold a good edge.

Fits the sheath like a glove and without measuring it I will guess it's a 20" blade. Handle is much nicer in natural light and has a few different materials.

If anyone knows something about its origins or if it's just a utility blade I'd be interested in what you may know.

IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG
IMG_1090.JPG

Last Edited:
image.jpeg
Well, about two years ago I had one pocket knife, the Benchmade griptillian on the top left. I got it as a gift from my brother and carried it intermittently. It always felt thick in my pocket so I went looking for something with less girth, Cold Steel got me by naming a knife AK-47. I dig it but pretty heavy and bulky in pocket. Then I wanted a fancier knife, then a knife with more utility, and then and then... This is my current pared down collection, which I'm sure will continue to evolve.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top