JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as Randall knives go....
I'd love to get a Model 26....it ain't the wait or the price that stops me....
I am left handed...and after spending $400 plus dollars...I would still need to find and buy a left handed sheath.
Oh well.....:D
Andy
Andy,

THIS is a beautiful RANDALL knife!

Can you carry a knife in a regular R handed sheath and just use your left hand to reach for it on the other side of your body?

SNIPPET:

Why do people cross draw?

d9GcTL4elcqKCm9ybsOAsWkTIAeNjbFwa8fqP6NampzoqNpg&s.jpg

Outdoorsmen and hunters may prefer the crossdraw position because it keeps the handgun clear of other gear like pack straps and rifle stocks. Older shooters who have joint problems often also like crossdraw holsters, because of the lesser shoulder rotation required to draw compared to a strongside holster.Apr 12, 2021

~~~

I never bought or was gifted a RANDALL knife.

My MT husband is left handed, he likes DROP POINT knives for specific chores, etc. too.

He does NOT own this Randall knife but he likes it too.

He has a couple of knives that are like this though.

He has had some famous and well made knives - past and present ones.

Some of them were more expensive than others.

He does know some 'famous' MT KNIFE MAKERS - younger and older men.

I could NOT stand to wait for a KNIFE to be made that took MANY MONTHS to make worse off 5 to 6 or whatever YEARS personally!

I can understand a couple of months and a backlog of orders if they do not have many classically TRAINED custom knifemakers for one or other companies.

Cate

I carry a $450.00 fixed blade daily…..
I forgot if you posted what you bought for your daily carry knife if you did post it HERE.

Can you tell us what you carry on a daily basis?

If you don't want to post it here - NO problem.

It is my CRS morning on knives posted by other people on this forum.

Thank you.

Cate

I forgot if you posted what you bought for your daily carry knife if you did post it HERE.

Can you tell us what you carry on a daily basis?

If you don't want to post it here - NO problem.

It is my CRS morning on knives posted by other people on this forum.

Thank you.

Cate
I carry an Amtac Northman. It's been a lot of money and trial and error while I've looked for a fixed blade I like and can carry comfortably.

517E0B3A-75DF-4C3A-A6A2-3CC51CBB0E1E.jpeg

As with any item not being purchased retail (and even some of them, I have pleasantly found out), I always consider price negotiable unless "firm" is stated by the seller.
Making an offer lower than the "firm" asking price is very nearly equivalent to calling the seller a liar, and certainly a gesture of disrespect.

Otherwise, a reasonable offer delivered respectfully (that does not disparage the item or the seller) should be responded to by the seller equally respectfully.

What I have a hard time wrapping my head around is committing to a purchase without seeing the item in hand. (Unless of course, it is absolutely brand new.) If such is impossible due to geography, an agreed-upon inspection period is in order.

In hand, the item may exhibit features/flaws that justify the asking price, or a fair offer of less.

As to modern knives (other than by recognized collector-grade makers such as Randall, Ruana, Morseth and such), I fail to understand the fascination while knowing some of my fascinations are equally incomprehensible to others. I look at "knife tables" at gun shows with the same eye as the Beanie Babies.
My MT husband still has one RUANA fixed blade knife here.

He gifted one for sure or maybe 2 (?) of them over the years.

He sold one and he still has one here.

He did not buy them as collector knives - he used them.

When one of his OLD and sickly friends admired his one RUANA - my husband gifted it to him before he left Montana. That man used to hunt with my husband and I think (?) that the man moved to OR or WA. This was many years ago.

My husband used to take elk horns to the Ruana factory too. This was LONG before I knew him.

He was at the RUANA factory a year or so ago too. But he did not take his elk horns/rack with him.

You most likely know that they are very close to our college town and the HISTORY of the small company.

He does not use his RUANA knife for hunting any longer.

He wanted to gift that second Ruana knife to ME that he had left but I told him to sell it if he did not want it any longer because I liked my own knives more even though HIS was very nice!

He downsized his knives in giving gifts and with a bit of selling too. I would NOT call him a COLLECTOR but a USER. NO safe queens in guns or knives here for him or me.

I am NOT knocking collectors when I say this.

I like to SEE and handle how a KNIFE FITS IN MY HANDS especially since I am older and have arthritis.

I did this when I was younger for folding and fixed blade knives. I ONLY use fixed blade knives now too. I see how a knife LOOKS and feels in my hands just as I would for now former handguns, rifles or even some specific TOOLS.

Take care!

Cate

Last Edited:
I'm right handed but left eye dominant…. I've trained myself to shoot left handed both pistol and rifle. Haha
My husband is left handed but he can shoot with both hands.

I don't remember what his dominant eye is and he is walking/exercising at his gym right now so I can't ask him.

Cate

I have never worn a knife out
I have lost several. I beat the heck out of them. Why would I want to spend several hundred dollars on a knife.

Some QUALITY made famous and not so famous knives are made with better steel, other parts, nicer handles depending on your taste and what you NEED for a specific chore in WET or cold weather and they are finished better.

Some are TOP NAME - famous collectors knives and some are not.

Ask a CHEF or any other person who really USES their knives 6 days a week for a living and AT HOME and he or she will tell you what works for THEM.

You can throw in some other occupations who really USE and DEPEND on their knives for a living, for the outdoors and for protection as a back up weapon or TOOL in some professions.

You may or may not agree with them. NO problem.

A person - SKILLED TRADESMAN - engineer - designer - whoever (!) who makes prototypes from a to z in various types of metal and in other materials not just in different types of STEEL and an OLD FASHIONED machinist (OLD style where they actually know American math and the metric system.) PLUS a TRUE craftsman can understand that one knife may NOT be as good QUALITY WISE or even strong and sturdy enough for some specific JOBS and tons more!

I am a user not a collector. I am NOT knocking collectors.

But I know that some knives not just COLLECTOR knives are made BETTER due to their steel, other materials and workmanship.

Plus specifically made knives work better for some jobs just as other TOOLS work better for other chores INDOORS, home or work, and specifically in the OUTDOORS.

I do agree with several of the posts here too.

Make a polite offer as an interested BUYER and the SELLER can accept your offer or not.

Move on from there.

I do know a man who collected RANDALL knives like the one poster here. He collected them as an INVESTMENT just as some people do with specific firearms - safe queens or antique firearms. I know some who collected other items and I do not mean crapola items when I say this. To each their own.

When he MOVED to Texas after he retired from a cushy .gov job - he made a killing.

Plus his TASTES changed in knives and firearms due to his OLD AGE and arthritis too. I think that he kept 1 RANDALL KNIFE but I am not positive.

Buy what you like and choose what to pay for it.

Don't EXPECT a knife to work as an AXE when it is not made for that job. That always gets me when I see someone use the wrong tool for a JOB and then they complain that they got hurt or their cheapo 'gas station' knife BROKE. LOL

Old Lady Cate

Lol
I lost pocket knives all the time. When some genius put a clip on pocket knives, it was a life changing moment.
Now that's funny! The last knife I lost was because the tiny little screws in the built-in clip worked out. I did find the knife later. Does that still count as lost, but not permanently lost? I still have the knife but haven't really tried to find screws to put the clip back on. (I've probably lost the clip by now.)
Although I like it and it's very sharp, it wasn't a high dollar knife. Maybe that's why the clip was cheesy. Oh well. It still makes a decent pocketknife.

Lol
I lost pocket knives all the time. When some genius put a clip on pocket knives, it was a life changing moment.
I've lost plenty of knives. Especially in the winter when wearing jackets. The bungee/cinch running the waistline is always guaranteed to snag under the clip and upon removal the knife disappears. Haha. Now I immediately cut out that bungee when I get a new jacket. Haven't lost a knife since.

Last Edited:
The seat belt strap has tried claiming a left front pocket item more than once.
Same. Certain brands have much better clips than others. I've lost 2-3 Benchmades due to weak/loose clips. My favorite is spyderco and Kershaw actually has so decent clips on their products.

Can you carry a knife in a regular R handed sheath and just use your left hand to reach for it on the other side of your body?
To do that...I would still have to turn my left hand to its side...it is painful to draw a knife with your opposite hand.
It is difficult to explain...so I would ask for you to do this...

Take you belt knife...or handgun....put it a right handed scabbard or holster...
Then ....place it on your left side...and try to draw it with your right hand.

That is what it is like if you are left handed and stuck with a right handed holster or scabbard.
Andy

Last Edited:
I've lost plenty of knives. Especially in the winter when wearing jackets. The bungee/cinch running the waistline is always guaranteed to snap under the clip and upon removal the knife disappears. Haha. Now I immediately cut out that bungee when I get a new jacket. Haven't lost a knife since.
First thing I do with that crap.

To do that...I would still have to turn my left hand to its side...it is painful to draw a knife with your opposite hand.
It is difficult to explain...so I would as you to do this...

Take you belt knife...or handgun....put it a right handed scabbard or holster...
Then ....place it on your left side...and try to draw it with your right hand.

That is what it is like if you are left handed and stuck with a right handed holster or scabbard.
Andy
Fixed blade carried appendix next to my pistol. I can easily get to my blade with either hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top