JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember when he said you don't need an AR15 and that you should get a shotgun? That's what I'm talking about. He is a creep too.... have you seen videos of how he behaves around kids? Grabbing them inappropriately and such.

Back in the day he had some kind of a brain operation to cure him of pedophilia. The guy is an a-hole and a creep IMO.
The only thing that statement proves is that he's a scattergun fan and doesn't really like the para-military stuff.
I gotta agree with him on that one, too. I was never a fan of the Vietnam era, and later, para-military stuff either.
Never heard or saw anything about him touching kids inappropriately (if he did, you'd think it would all over the news, constantly for years. I watch quite a bit of news on a daily basis and that's news to ME).
….and there's an operation to cure pedophilia? Then why the heck are there so many child molesters running around?!
I call BS on that one.

The only thing that statement proves is that he's a scattergun fan and doesn't really like the para-military stuff.
I gotta agree with him on that one, too. I was never a fan of the Vietnam era, and later, para-military stuff either.
Never heard or saw anything about him touching kids inappropriately (if he did, you'd think it would all over the news, constantly for years. I watch quite a bit of news on a daily basis and that's news to ME).
….and there's an operation to cure pedophilia? Then why the heck are there so many child molesters running around?!
I call BS on that one.

Sounds good brother. I'll believe in what I want and you do the same. Not here to change what people believe or what & how they think. :)

Thank you for being an adult on that one, biggie.....now let's see some more guns!
Like this!....

Mauser_1895_Chilean_Bill-13.jpg Mossberg142A_1.JPG Sears_JCHiggins20_1.jpg

Last Edited:
1895 Chilean Mauser, still chambered in its original loading of 7x57 Mauser.
That's the original stock, too.
My brother's gun. Got it in the 60's, just before they stopped selling used guns in the magazines.
He whittled the stock down to fit him better, did a little repair work, then stained it.
Came out pretty nice and really brought the weight down. I think its 6-6.5 lbs., something like that.
...btw, interesting little factoid I picked up researching this gun - this one's made in either 1895 or 1896, because the receiver sez it was manufactured in Loewe Berlin. If it were made on and after Jan. 1, 1897, it would say made by DKM.
Thanks for your interest. =)

Dean

Correct! And thus is an antique and can be transferred sans bgc. DWM Berlin came in around 1897. I have a few Chilean. I really like them.
Right on!
...and yes, which is kinda cool.
If my brother finds himself invited to a stag hunt whilst in Europe, I can actually mail him the gun, directly!
...such a weird thought, as neither of us have a class 3 license.

the receiver sez it was manufactured in Loewe Berlin. If it were made on and after Jan. 1, 1897, it would say made by DKM.
Thanks for your interest. =)
Dean

That's Ludwig Loewe, a maker, not a place, located in Berlin, and later renamed DWM - Deutsche Waffen und Munition Fabriken, most famed for making a pistol designed by their principal firearms designer, one Georg Luger. Remember him? My July 1897 carbine was marked for DWM - see -

upload_2019-1-27_16-54-43.png

Something else I got to shoot today was a Gibbs double rifle in .577 Snider.

upload_2019-1-27_17-1-56.png
upload_2019-1-27_16-57-13.png

Here's a couple of cartridges.............

upload_2019-1-27_16-58-47.png

The craftsmanship on this gun is simply breathtaking -

upload_2019-1-27_17-0-49.png

And here I am letting one loose with it - the first time I've shot a larger calibre gun since my face operation last November. Remember that I'm 5' 10" and built like a refrigerator - it was still a moving exerience for me.

Something else I got to shoot today was a Gibbs double rifle in .577 Snider.

View attachment 542191
View attachment 542185

Here's a couple of cartridges.............

View attachment 542188

The craftsmanship on this gun is simply breathtaking -

View attachment 542190

And here I am letting one loose with it - the first time I've shot a larger calibre gun since my face operation last November. Remember that I'm 5' 10" and built like a refrigerator - it was still a moving exerience for me.

My jealousy knows no bounds!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR