JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As you can see in my sig, I am an NRA Life member. I also support other gun rights organizations. I believe strongly that all gun owners should fight for the RKBA.

I'm just wondering if I should continue to donate to the NRA specifically.

I've heard gun people say no because

• they're more interested in telemarketing, selling merchandize, running contests, etc. than their mission. (I admit I do enjoy placing my stickers in those sweepstakes! LOL)
  • they've filed for bankruptcy. Though others have said they need donations more than ever.
  • there are other orgs doing more
etc.

Just a conspiracy theory here...

They have been systematically destroyed by those that didn't want them to have their pull in DC.

They used the folks that support them against the organization to destroy the org from within.

They got us to only see certain sides of the org and in turn dislike what they are doing through consistent published negativity. Gun owners created an echo chamber of negativity based off the mainstream media negativity.

The fact you are asking the internet if you should or should not continue to donate to the (once) biggest fighter for 2nd amendment rights, states that the war to destroy the organization is ongoing and gaining traction.

I can't say the future of the NRA looks good.

They have lost a ton of support from those that were only monetarily invested in the organization.

Without the monetary support, they are starting to look more and more desperate for funds. Their programs are lacking, and their appearance is fading.

If they lose their presence in government, it's hard to say if another organization will be allowed to gain enough momentum to get to the same size as the NRA.

Things are certainly changing...

"It's your money....."

BTW.....I do.

I sort of think of it as....
My donation money might have/could have gone to __________. But I don't agree with their politics. So, the money went to The NRA instead.

Aloha, Mark

As always with questions like these....
Its up to you.

I also am a life member...and have some dislike with how the NRA does and says things.
As well as a strong dislike for Wayne LaPierre.

With that said....
The NRA is the gun organization that most folks who are anti gun , have ever heard of.
If the NRA goes under , then the "victory" here for the other side , may embolden more attacks on Gun Rights and gun owners.

This not to say that such attacks will ever cease or that the NRA is the end all , be all , of Gun Rights...
Just saying that the NRA is the big dog in the fight , and who knows , how much worse we will be if they are gone.
Andy

I do, but then, I've seen the forest and not just the trees.
As a sixty plus year member, I have witnessed the huge beneficial byproduct from decades of their effort for American gun enthusiast. As an aside, I have felt letdown by the overwhelming amount of members I had considered like minded brothers who jumped a floundering ship under siege when emergency repairs were needed.. I've seen the same of those who only brag up their team when only they win, crap on them when they lose, can easily be appeased by free stuff, then chastise them for wasting money.

The anti's have done a very good job of turning gun owners against the NRA.

They are still the only real player.

They are a huge business, turning over a ton of money. Their revenue is 412-million dollars. Folks don't want the higher echelon of the NRA receiving the same compensation they would receiving working for other high dollar businesses. You get what you pay for. Pelosi and her minions hate Wayne LaPierre and the NRA. That tells me he's doing more than folks want to acknowledge.

tenor.gif

I don't like the LaPierre douchebag but the NRA is still the biggest stick in our corner.

I am NRA and will continue to be.
LaPierre is the king of dooshbags. The NRA won't get one dime from me until he is run out of town on a rail, tarred and feathered. He is only for one person...himself. Prove me wrong.

When Tom Gresham from "Gun Talk Radio" speaks about the NRA, I listen. Last Sunday's show was stunning.
You can read the synopsis here: Can the NRA Be Saved, And Should We Care?

In part:
" Many NRA members have stopped donating, and many more are not renewing their memberships. That's understandable. Who wants to donate to Wayne's clothing budget (reportedly more than quarter of a million dollars), his private jet trips, vacations on super yachts, and oh so much more? Not me, for sure"
"What can each of us do? Stay informed. The NRA keeps sending out nonsense, pretending that it is the victim, and asking for donations. Ignore those self-serving pleadings. Join the Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org). A life membership there is inexpensive."

I have a lifetime SAF membership, but am still donating to them.

I sent them an email after the last "begging" mailing. I told them they could get my share from Wayne. Until they get rid of him they wouldn't get another penny. I haven't gotten a response.

I would send any money you might have sent to the NRA, instead, to the 2nd Amendment Foundation. They actually do quite a lot legally despite the size of their organization. On the contrary, the NRA seems to do quite little despite the size of their organization.

Until the NRA cleans house and stops spending money like lousy politicians on personal perks, they'll never see any more money from me, and I also happen to have a "life member" card. Any money I would have donated only goes to the SAF.

Even without getting into the question of whether the NRA or LaPierre are broken, there are in my opinion more effective 2A litigation organizations which make better use of donations. Second Amendment Foundation comes to mind.

Did they speak up when the ATF woke up one morning and decided they didn't like Velcro on gun stock so they raided the company that made them to collect customer information? Did they speak up when the ATF woke up one morning and decided they didn't like 80% polymer parts being sold so they raided 80% Polymer to collect customer information? Will they speak up for that same company who is now facing a lawsuit against them from the city of LA? I doubt it! They don't get a dime from me....if they did what they say they do...we would all own machine guns!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top