JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long Range Target shooting in the woods is very fun & relaxing for me. It's a Zen thing.

The snow makes it difficult or impossible to reach my favorite shooting sights.
That makes me sad.

I read that the forestry department has already begun locking gates also, because of "dangerous road conditions", Uh-Ha.

This is sad because I really need to have a break from things like 114.

20210918_133336.jpg 100_3038.JPG Sat Oct 2015 New Haven 1000 yards.jpg IMG_1960.JPG

Last Edited:
Long Range Target shooting in the woods is very fun & relaxing for me. It's a Zen thing.

The snow makes it difficult or impossible to reach my favorite shooting sights.
That makes me sad.

I read that the forestry department has already begun locking gates also, because of "dangerous road conditions", Uh-Ha.

This is sad because I really need to have a break from things like 114.
I hear ya. People can no longer be trusted to look out of their windshields and say, "yeah... my rig can't handle that...". If it's open, it must be driveable, right? I say, its public use land. If folks are too dimwit and get themselves stuck... that's on them!

PITA and really have to stretch your legs sometimes if you wanna indulge yourself.

As @PORSCHE928S4 was sayin... nothing like that stillness and peace right before a sweet "crack". The air itself is extremely invigorating with the crisp fresh scents wafting over the ground cover. I thoroughly enjoy winter shooting and agree... "It's a Zen thing". 👍

Last Edited:
I hear ya. People can no longer be trusted to look out of their windshields and say, "yeah... my rig can't handle that...". If it's open, it must be driveable, right? I say, its public use land. If folks are too dimwit and get themselves stuck... that's on them!

PITA and really have to stretch your legs sometimes if you wanna indulge yourself.

As @PORSCHE928S4 was sayin... nothing like that stillness and peace right before a sweet "crack". The air itself is extremely invigorating with the crisp fresh scents wafting over the ground cover. I thouroughly enjoy winter shooting and agree... "It's a Zen thing". 👍
You know many others will never !

I'm looking at the snow I'm my backyard that fell earlier today. Now I just need to grab a tarp, mount one of the silencers, put a jacket on and head out. Oh yeah, turn the light back on.

The cold makes my fingers hurt
Somewhere along the line, I've become more fragile. Yesterday, I got adventuresome. Due to recently high winds, I knew I had leaves in the gutters, even after cleaning gutters about three weeks ago. We've had a bit of snow here lately. I don't like leaves in the gutters followed by snow, the drainage action gets fouled up. I wear nitrile gloves when cleaning gutters, I don't like slime on my hands. But they don't give much protection against cold and leather gloves don't work well with wet debris in the gutters. After 40 minutes, my fingers were nearly numb. But the real pain came when I went back inside and thawed them out. That was serious pain for about 15 minutes.

The above story is why I don't attempt shooting in snow or serious cold anymore. In a Winter, outdoor survival situation, I wouldn't last long.

The last time I went to the woods when snow was a factor, I was smart enough to turn around and go back before I got my vehicle stuck. Which would've been a certainty considering that I hadn't yet gotten to the difficult part of the road.

A tarp spread out makes it easier to pick up the brass no matter the weather.
I've tried that before. One time, I used a nice, oiled OD canvas duck ground sheet. I was shooting prone, and the gas from my semi auto rifles got impregnated into the fabric. I won't say it ruined it, but it will never be the same. Then another time, I used one of the typical made in China plastic tarps, the hot .223 brass melted holes in it. That one truly was ruined.

I got one of those $28 monoculars that someone posted on the great deals section, maybe it's not an early to bed night.
Nice not bad for $28. Thermal is pretty sweet I have burris thermal monocular on order and have their thermal rifle scope. Makes the darkness go away and can see critters moving around.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top