JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't care what people wear. If someone wants to wear a tutu with tap dance shoes and a frilly pink boa while they shoot then all the more power to them. Usually its jeans/shirt for me but if I'm in the woods or desert I'll throw on a vest and knee pads and gloves.

Part of it is training, part is ease of use, and the other part is just me wanting to. Nothing to justify with me.

Ninja schminja. I'm gonna retire (again) in a couple years and move out of the city. To a house with a hill behind it. A remote house with a hill behind it. Then my shooting attire will more often than not be boxers, mud boots, a flannel jacket and some earmuffs. 20 feet from the back door. Just 'cause I can.

So is it "more often than not, I'll wear boxers" OR "more often, not wear boxers"? :confused: :s0114:

It makes you shoot much more better and stuff if you dress up all in camo and stuff....'specially if you put the grease paint on your face and all.

Haven't specifically worn camo to shoot since 1986, last time I did a record qualification for the Army....

I've never really considered Camo inappropriate for street use. Having been in the military it was everywhere all the time. What gets me is the mutilated faces on a lot of younger generation you see in the malls. Sometimes I see it at the ranges with the ear rings, nose rings and all kinds of pokey things in their faces. I'm not sure what a mall ninja is because I've never heard the term.

I am amazed at the variety of answers to a valuable question. I prefer to shoot in the buff. It seems to make me more observant of variations in temperature and wind. Not the self generated kind mind you. It does seem to help to shoot from a bench in this condition rather than prone or sitting on the ground. Sticks and stones, you know....

Redbob
It also alleviates the problem of a hot casing getting between some part of you and your undershirt
Although is does expose other parts of you to heat damage from the same source . . .

Sheldon

When I'm working, I"m almost always dressed in all black, or black pants and a blue shirt. So when I'm off, I tend to avoid these colors. I prefer muted tones - most of my non-work pants are drab greens or khaki color. Shirts vary from muted earth tones to striped polos or silk shirts. I don't shoot at real ranges much - typically shoot in the woods. I wear my green or khaki cargo pants, and a shirt appropriate for the weather. If it happens to be tan or green or other earth tone, so be it. I pretty much wear the same clothes I would when fishing.

The only difference between my every day wear, day-off day wear, and woods gear, is carrying my pistol openly in the woods vs. concealed in urban areas.

I did break down and pick up a Tactical Tailor MAV rig a while back because I found it a convenient way to have AR and pistol mags at the ready, and for practicing certain drills. Belt carry, or cargo-pocket carry for AR mags is a PITA. Not fast or efficient way of accessing a mag. And I tore one of the pockets on my pants catching the corner of a metal AR mag on it. I bought the ACU pattern, because they're discontinuing it and it was half off, otherwise I would've preferred OD or coyote brown. I'm not a huge camo wearing guy - I figure camo belongs in the woods on hunters, or on soldiers.

I have decided to leave the MAV rig loaded up (well, I have a 3-mag rifle mag carrier and a twin pistol mag carrier on it) as a grab & go item in case of an intruder. It would give me additional rifle and or pistol mags at the ready. It's kept next to the rifle just for that purpose.

I think I'm gonna start rocking knickers and argyle. The ladies love it!

golf-knickers_zps00b55bb5.jpg

Normally just jeans and appropriate weather shirt/coat, which may be camo because its really warm. As someone else said just try to be comfortable. I also get wierd looks when i go running or to the gym and dont change into some special workout gear, I figure the odds of me running from something in special gear are pretty low so I try to train/exercise in what I'm normally wearing. BTW running in steel toes takes some geting used to...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top