JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a motorcycle enthusiast, i wear leather year round while riding because I have eaten it on the road in jeans/t shirt and dont need that kinda pain again

I have the scars to match from younger days. I never wear less than full Draggin Jeans and that only when it's blazing and only around town. The rest of the time full quality leathers

I'll back up the guys talking about leather on motorcycles. Just like I don't shoot without ear and eye protection, I don't ride without a helmet and leather (or synthetic).

If you are at a range where you can only stand there and shoot from the bench, the gear might be overkill, but why not wear it if you are out on your own. You are out there to have fun, right? A good costume can add to the fun. I guess I would only give them a hard time if they take themselves too seriously.

As for me, I love pockets, and if that makes me "tacticool", then so be it.

I don't understand why you'd dress differently. We put on old shoes and warm cloths since the outdoor shooting areas can be muddy and cold this time of year. That is just being outdoors though. I can understand wearing a jacket, vest, or some sort of "fanny pack" satchel for more readily accessible ammo/mags, but usually our range has plenty of bench space for that stuff at hand.

Edit: I see people talking about motorcycle leathers. Whenever I see people (especially in the summer) wearing T-Shirts, shorts :nuts:, jeans... I cringe. Do they not like their skin!?

Audrey, real bikers call those fools "squids" because we know just how harsh pavement and steel can be

There was a site on the web where a fellow described the result of his testing of his enduro in a parking garage at 5 MPH. He hit an oil patch and then the rear chrome bumper of an old caddy or similar, and lost near all his teeth and such because he didn't have a full face helmet. Knights from the old days certainly would understand

On a bike you are going to bite it sometime no matter how good you are. As a 17 year old invincible I hit an oil patch in a parking lot at 50 MPH, have the scars to prove it. I've also had to lay bikes down with zero injury

There are few things more painful than road rash! I once had to snap into the next lane to avoid being run over by some fool! Long story, short, I rear ended a car at a light, awakened with my private parts just smashed and rash up my left leg boot top to hip. My nards actually dented the tank! Guess which was worse! Please hit me in the crotch with a bat and take away the road rash! Thank heavens for the leather jacket and helmet, saved my sholder and face (a little)! My glasses had scratches running the direction I slid. Chewed the front of my helm clear off. Bought the leather pants soon as I got my bike fixed.

BTW, tacticool at the range? Pulleeze!
Out in the woods? Knock yourself out! Just keep them pointed down range, kids!

Last Edited:
This clothing thread is pretty funny.
If you have been shooting for sometime, you've probably seen it all. I've seen the mall ninjas decked out with full camo, Molle gear, plates, you name it...and I've also seen guys in Wrangler jeans t-shirts. My thought? As long as they are shooting in a safe manner, rock on.

I almost exclusively wear BDU pants shooting..why? Because A. Im not trying to impress anyone when im out shooting, and B. Im poor and dont want to mess up the few pairs of jeans I own. BDU pants are cheap durable, and the cargo pockets are nice to hold brass, ect.

I wear a chest rig to hold all my stuff since I like to carry everything on me, and an operator cap so I have a place to put my certified mall ninja patch (joking...)

Seriously though, I may drift more on the tacticool side of things when I go shooting, but I make an effort to be safe, respectful, and not act the part...for me it makes me a more functional and efficient shooter and maximizes my fun when I go out, which with the current cost of ammo I want to make every round count.

I usually just wear plain clothes and nothing too crazy, but when we are in the LE Bay at WCA i'm either wearing a battle belt or PC (helps for quick mag changes and such.

Usually plain clothes for me when out shooting. Though my uncle did get me a neat chest rig for my B day last month. I wanna take it out next time i'm out. Other than that the only camo stuff i own is an old pair of tri color desert BDU pants that i use when fishing, hiking ect, and my surplus backpack i got for 20 bucks online that i use for daily travel.

I've noticed the same thing. Then I also see people walking around in grocery stores wearing camo. Sometimes I think they are wana-bes. Other times I guess they want people to think they are some kind of soldier of fortune or some such thing.

I wear camo when I hunt predators. The rest of the time I usually just wear jeans and tee shirts. Like Mr. T said, "I aint here to impress none of you MFs"

wow, never occurred to anyone maybe its what they like to wear, get a life....ocd over other peoples choice in body cover isn't healthy......if that thought actually is a priority in your thoughts then you have no worries in life, wish I had nothing better to worry about

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top