JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since we are in some colder weather, I usually wear a very light pair of gloves. Keeps the chill off a bit, and so I decided to run a live fire drill yesterday.

It worked out quite well, I ran 2 clips, 1 .380 and 1 9mm. Made a few adjustments, but had no problems.

I will pretty much wear a light set of thin fitting gloves for the rest of the winter. Driving, moving about and all. This makes sure I have them if I have to quickly exit the vehicle for some reason. Also moved my GHB to the rear seat floor of my vehicle, where I can reach between the seats and go.

Reduces the movements required.

I used to practice while wearing gloves all the time, but then I realized that I never worn gloves any other time. So I stopped wearing them to practice.

If you wear them all the time, can get to your pistol with them on, and can safely operate it with them on. Then that works. Otherwise, live by the motto Practice how you would in real life.

Good thread. I tried several times with different gloves. Yes, I wear them for different reasons at work and bike gloves reduce some of the shock on larger calibers.I also feel they slowed some of the mechanics of my training down. Less dexterity.

Since we are in some colder weather, I usually wear a very light pair of gloves. Keeps the chill off a bit, and so I decided to run a live fire drill yesterday.

It worked out quite well, I ran 2 clips, 1 .380 and 1 9mm. Made a few adjustments, but had no problems.

I will pretty much wear a light set of thin fitting gloves for the rest of the winter. Driving, moving about and all. This makes sure I have them if I have to quickly exit the vehicle for some reason. Also moved my GHB to the rear seat floor of my vehicle, where I can reach between the seats and go.

Reduces the movements required.

You never said, what brand/make/model of gloves did you find? While I don't wear them even in cold, it is nice to know about good pairs for other people.

I found that my winter gloves snag on my clips all too often due to the sharper edges and all.. However when I load my magazines I don't have issues.. Well, unless Im wearing frizzy cotton type gloves. Since it doesn't get too cold around here I generally don't use gloves anymore.. But I ought to.

Loading them boolits into my clips that feed my assault rifle can be a real task in cold weather.

I shoot rifles with gloves in the winter. It's a little awkward loading AR Mags, but that only happens when I don't bring enough of them. I never wear gloves when shooting pistols.

You never said, what brand/make/model of gloves did you find? While I don't wear them even in cold, it is nice to know about good pairs for other people.

I like the Atlas nitrile Tough gloves. They are a thinner version of their heavier blue work gloves that I have used for the last 30 years. I want a bit of protection from the cold, but being able to handle all of my firearms effectively and with little changes from normal was key. These gloves seem to give me wanted I wanted. The Mechanix gloves are good as well. I am sure there are a better selection if you are real hard core, but at $6.45 at Ace hardware, they work fine for me.

NT370 Atlas Nitrile Tough Glove - Amazon.com

I think you have to see what fits your operating procedures within your weapon systems. If you plan on using a sidearm or rifle during inclement weather, you'd better have some practice under your belt to fit those conditions. Same with night time engagements. Those types of conditions dictate apparel and gear. Its not always going to be 75 degrees, sunny and nice all the time.

Your only as good as you train and you will succeed or fail to your level of training....

For rifle/shottie use in the winter the various military surplus trigger finger mitten gloves work great. To transition to a handgun just strip the outer shell off

Shooting on the range I use Nomex fliers gloves, they are very thin but have leather palms

I have these Blackhawk cool weather shooting gloves. They are very thin, have great dexterity and grip, and the fleece interior keeps my hands warm. I can load my sig 9mm no prob and the gel contacts absorb some recoil. Great gloves.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads