JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi, newbie here.

So here is my situation.

I live in Hillsboro, Oregon
Far far away from out door range
My wife is kind of an anti gun advocate.

And 2yr old boy with me, my wife really doesn't like me to show him gun related things.

But I still want to practice for my shooting skills. You know, I just love to shoot. And I can protect my family If I need to.

I have a hellcat pro to work with and would like to practice draw from holster and shoot, and fast shooting just like self defense situation without wrecking slide.

Usually at night I am try to practice quietly without big sound. So cool fire trainer is off from the deal.. I wrecked the slide with laser ammo and my wife start to ask what am I doing out at night in the living room.

Any good ideas?? Please help this poor guy.
now that I have new eyes, I dryfire in the house, usually in the middle of the night, sighting on objects on the entertainment center in the living room from my bed
snap caps in my revolvers and a dryfiremag in the glock
my wife will wake up - sometimes - and ask if I'm dryfiring again
I just confirm I am and she rolls over and goes back to sleep
a dryfiremag in a Glock doesn't make that much noise - no more than the TIC TIC of a Grandfather clock

it's actually good practice - wake up in the middle of the night - grab the Glock off the headboard and dryfire at the doll of Woody above the TV

Again, Thanks to all guys helped me!

I talked out with my wife and we ended up getting some agreement dryfiring in house(living room) and will get coolfire trainer for that
for trade I will have more family quality time(trip, bowling.. i don't know, Pickle ball??)

Since we had a BIG homeless guy in front of our door way(apartment) It took 2days to get him away, leasing office wasn't helping us. So after that looks like she agreed we need some tools at least to protect our rights.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top