JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
an unknown dog on my property and harming an extension of my property is good as dead. if its a neighbor i like and our dogs are fighting and then its over with then thats different. i probably take a half rack to my neighbors and try to forget about it. the way its always been where i grew up out in the country. too damn bad i live within city limits now.

My dogs are part of my family. I would shoot anything or anyone that was trying to harm my family.
Man it keeps getting better! So you would SHOOT someone and risk imprisonment over your dog? If so your values are seriously in question - this whole notion of animals being a 'part of your family' really frosts me! Animals are an ELEMENT of your family - not a 'part' of your family - You did NOT conceive them as you did your children.

200_s.gif

Fair is fair. You have to protect your family.
i only was asking because i had started a recent thread where i had been bit by my inlaws dog and no disciplinary action was taken. long story short... im over here now as i type this and that POS dog is outside for the whole visit away from my almost 2yr old son.

I've had to shoot dogs that were attacking livestock here, recently.
Always have hated to do it but here's the way I see it, if I can stop an excited dog before he commits an attack I will, if not or caught in the act doing so?
It's a dead dog.
I'm sorry if that doesn't set well with some, but if you have no more control over your dog than to allow it to roam to another's property and attack someone's livestock, pets or family then you left me with a miserable choice, and one I shouldn't have had to make in the first place.

Man it keeps getting better! So you would SHOOT someone and risk imprisonment over your dog? If so your values are seriously in question - this whole notion of animals being a 'part of your family' really frosts me! Animals are an ELEMENT of your family - not a 'part' of your family - You did NOT conceive them as you did your children.
Then stay out of my garage and don't attack my dog or my family!

Then stay out of my garage and don't attack my dog
When was I there and attacking your dog? I can honestly say with a great degree of confidence I will NEVER be in Portland, for any reason, If I can help it and certainly will NOT be there to attack a dog.

Last Edited:
Discharging a firearm in the city limits is prohibited. Even if a raccoon attacks your dog, you are not allowed to discharge your firearm. (Suppressors are your friend) Would that stop me from saving my dogs life, NO. But then I have a machete in my garage. To the owner of the aggressive dog, if you did not take the time to socialize your dog to get along with other dogs, you are the problem and should have kept your dog fenced in on your own property. Dogs are not the problem their owners are.

I never said "you".
Uh, lets see I KNOW you never said 'YOU' - that is why I quoted your post with the 'SOMEONE' How did 'SOMEONE' turn into 'YOU' - does this make sense? Offend me? How did you arrive at that? I was CRITICIZING you!

Last Edited:
I assume you live outside city limits in a rual setting? If yes, we are the same and it's a big problem with city folks abanding there dogs they do not want in the country. They must assume someone will adopt them. The larger dogs start to run in packs and we have had two smaller dogs and small animals killed by the dogs. Now I am not saying it just OK to kill someone's pet but you just don't know some times.
Apparently, some "family pets" go running in packs at night and then are justa sleeping away on the front porch,like nothing went on the night before.:rolleyes:
So if there is a pack,I'm going to attack myself.
If it was a human in ur garage attacking ur pet shoot him?....

You come on my property and attack my dog??? Hell yes your getting shot! I'd be afraid for my life at that point. What kind of person even makes a statement like that?
Haha this part didn't even register until I read your post. Yeah if you come on my property and attack my dog,well,I'd treat you as a dog attacking my dog.

i only was asking because i had started a recent thread where i had been bit by my inlaws dog and no disciplinary action was taken. long story short... im over here now as i type this and that POS dog is outside for the whole visit away from my almost 2yr old son.
So what did you do when the dog bit you?
Did you attack back? Drop the dog in it's tracks?
Cause if I'm at someone's house,or they at mine and their dog bites me,the fight is on. An I guarantee the dog loses.I'll stop a dog from biting. Not that hard. Sure you get bit but the dog will be happier afterwards;)
The big thing here is,you Dog Rambos need to learn something about dog attacks and think about how much money it will cost...NO MATTER who's at fault ,if you discharge a gun at your house. (I don't care if you live where it's legal to discharge a firearm).
Or kill that dog. Remember your friendly neighbors may sue over this.
Then decide if it is necessary to shoot the dog or can you subdue it instead. A hit to the dog with a board or something would probably do the trick
It seems so popular on here ,this gun forum, you say "I'd kill 'em" or it or they blah blah.
Shooting something shouldn't be your first idea when something pisses you off
We need to slow down the Rambo roll on the gun forums

We all need to be clear here in all 50 states pets are only property in the eyes of the law.
Your pet comes on my property it has zero human rights period.
Shooting a person for shooting your trespassing dog, and you will spend most
your life in prison.

So what did you do when the dog bit you?
Did you attack back? Drop the dog in it's tracks?
Cause if I'm at someone's house,or they at mine and their dog bites me,the fight is on. An I guarantee the dog loses.I'll stop a dog from biting. Not that hard. Sure you get bit but the dog will be happier afterwards;)
The big thing here is,you Dog Rambos need to learn something about dog attacks and think about how much money it will cost...NO MATTER who's at fault ,if you discharge a gun at your house. (I don't care if you live where it's legal to discharge a firearm).
Or kill that dog. Remember your friendly neighbors may sue over this.
Then decide if it is necessary to shoot the dog or can you subdue it instead. A hit to the dog with a board or something would probably do the trick
It seems so popular on here ,this gun forum, you say "I'd kill 'em" or it or they blah blah.
Shooting something shouldn't be your first idea when something pisses you off
We need to slow down the Rambo roll on the gun forums

Good info but shooting a dog as I noted on one own property is destroying property, not murder. So the discharging to remove the threat should be pretty simple as pets are just like a lamp in the eyes of the law.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads