JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can either:

A) Be a big pussy
B) Live your life

Your choice.
Have you personally - ever had the ATF up you azz before?

I have.

A colonoscopy with a porcupine still doesn't compare.

EDIT: And before anyone starts talking, "State Law vs Fed Enforcement" - Oregon State LOVES to defer to Fed's for interpretation and enforcement when dealing with firearm stuff. It used to be once and awhile - then they shoveled most their cases to Feds - with this 114 now - I can see the Feds being more than happy to oblige.

I may be a pussy - But I'm a Grey Pussy.

gray-cat-yellow-eyes-pixabay-3420848712.jpg

Last Edited:
No worries. The whole thing will be trashed in federal court.
For the past year I've heard.

"Don't worry, they won't get their signatures"

"Don't worry, those signatures won't be verified"

"Don't worry, we'll get it throw out before it ever ends up on the ballot"

"Don't worry, it won't pass the election"

now it's...

"Don't worry, the whole thing will be trashed in federal court"

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I'm not hopeful we're coming out of this as if it never happened...

Have you personally - ever had the ATF up you azz before?

I have.

A colonoscopy with a porcupine still doesn't compare.

EDIT: And before anyone starts talking, "State Law vs Fed Enforcement" - Oregon State LOVES to defer to Fed's for interpretation and enforcement when dealing with firearm stuff. It used to be once and awhile - then they shoveled most their cases to Feds - with this 114 now - I can see the Feds being more than happy to oblige.

I may be a pussy - But I'm a Grey Pussy.

View attachment 1311480
ATF and the Feds have absolutely no interest, nor jurisdiction, in the restrictions set forth by this measure. This measure is purely a state issue.

For the past year I've heard.

"Don't worry, they won't get their signatures"

"Don't worry, those signatures won't be verified"

"Don't worry, we'll get it throw out before it ever ends up on the ballot"

"Don't worry, it won't pass the election"

now it's...

"Don't worry, the whole thing will be trashed in federal court"

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I'm not hopeful we're coming out of this as if it never happened...
I personally know of 3 lawsuits ready to be filed by big time organizations. At least 2 of them include motions for injunctions against the implementation and enforcement until the issues are resolved by the court system.

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I'm not hopeful we're coming out of this as if it never happened..

Yup, I hear ya. Note that my post about not seeing law enforcement might be due to being in Klamath county and away from the one largish city in the county. If I was near Portland I don't think I would be so confident.

The fear is that this will take years to get properly turned over.

The hope is that a firearm defense group will get something to convince a judge to stay this while the courts work it out.

P.S. I *did* get two ten round mags for the AR.

Not a lawyer and did not stay in Holiday Inn. Does the law say "designated ranges" ? If those exact words are in there my best guess is a place that may be safe to shoot that is not a "designated range" is not going to cut it. Unless it's your private property.
I am assuming the positve, that an already established area, not already
posted as "no shooting" by an empowered agency as designated.This would also include commonly known restrictions already in place regarding public lands.

To employ the opposite or negative assumption would mean that you can't shoot anywhere on any public land without the benefit of an 'OK" to shoot here sign, goes far beyond the definition of designated. IMO

That assertion could also be used to ban hunting and shooting anywhere on public lands using the same logic.

Who does the designating ?

How does one gain access to such information ?
Without "Designated" areas being identified as such, there are no outdoor shooting areas.
Try finding a private range that allows 30 rd mags and if they do, you will be limited to a very slow rate of fire because of liability concerns.
There goes defensive, tactical and three gun practice on public land.
I for one, will not be danger close to an unknown shooter engaged in active forms of practice. You just don't know who you are dealing with. Stacking multiple shooters into a constrained private area would be even worse. No one RO could effectively control such an environment, it would make the concept impractical and unaffordable to most, long term.

I've never seen a "Designated shooting area" sign. I have seen no shooting signs.

Is 114 also going to fund a sign planting budget for public lands ?
I recommend OSP troopers be taken off original duties and handed a shovel to plant sign posts. That would certainly be in line with 114 supporter's
thought processes.

"Hunting here is ok, no shooting here except for 10rd mags, shooting with over 10rd mags ok here" "no shooting of any kind allowed if within 10 miles of a mountain biker".

"This designating sign installed by the friendly OSP instead of performing less important police duties".

Yes...I am an attorney.
On TV.
Look for my infomercial late night, after the medicare commercials and mail call.

Last Edited:
I personally know of 3 lawsuits ready to be filed by big time organizations. At least 2 of them include motions for injunctions against the implementation and enforcement until the issues are resolved by the court system.

And when will these motions be seen on the docket ?

While there's still a gun industry in this state ?

Before more states fall ?

Yes I know.....these things take time, but there's ice in the boiler room Captain and the bow is under water.

I am drafting an initiative petition to ban golf balls, Priuses and bike lanes...they are dangerous !

I apologize for burning up half a page. The more I think this POS through, the more pizzed I get.

Last Edited:

Yes I know.....these things take time, but there's ice in the boiler room Captain and the bow is under water.

I am drafting an initiative petition to ban golf balls, Priuses and bike lanes...they are dangerous !

I apologize for burning up half a page. The more I think this POS through, the more pizzed I get.
FPC, GOA, and SAF all have lawsuits ready to file with injunctions against implementation or enforcement. I helped with some of that. They are queued up like cartridges for a belt fed machine gun. We are locked and loaded. The instant the Oregon SoS declares the vote certified the trigger will be pulled.

State of Oregon has to certify the vote before the motions can be filed.

Regardless of the interpretation, I will happily continue to shoot whatever I want on public land in the safe and responsible manner I always have.

Since Measure 114 is supposed to combat criminal misuse of firearms, I will leave it to the criminals to obey while I go about my business as normal when it's shooting time out in the woods!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top