JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are being held liable for their own actions. They ignored clear signs of their son's mental illness, violent ideations, and provided him a handgun.

Jennifer Crumbley convicted of involuntary manslaughter over son's school shooting
What are the ramifications for gun owners from this conviction?

She was not convicted for what he did , She was convicted for her neglect, and her Gross negligence. Had she given him a car that he used to kill others she would have been just as guilty.
She knew he was disturbed and both enabled him and kept him from getting help.

Person "A" commits a crime. Person "B" get in trouble. Nope. Come up with all the excuses you want, that is wrong. Key fobs, kitchen knives, an unlocked door, chemicals under the sink, gas cans in the garage, pets, endless lists.........not even a coversation, except now it's a "gun". Oh, the evil dreaded gun. So now we debate. Amazing to watch people fall for these simple traps.

Would this be a better alternative to safe storage laws?
That's an interesting question, given that "none of the above" isn't on the horizon. In a couple of respects, I'd say "yes".

Safe storage laws impose restrictions on everyone without regard for individual circumstances, literally treating every gun owner as childishly irresponsible and in need of firm guidance. Furthermore, safe storage laws leave every gun owner vulnerable to increasingly restrictive provisions at the unrestrained & arbitrary whim of government.

In contrast, prosecution for the statistically rare instance of tragically irresponsible "failure to secure" brings legal focus only on the (allegedly) at-fault individual (not mass punishment). Moreover, due process - to include the careful examination of all evidence before a jury of peers - allows the accused the potential for exoneration (especially if y'all are among those peers). In the meantime, tens of millions of other gun owners remain free to decide for themselves what level of "security" meets their own individual circumstances.

Last Edited:
She was not convicted for what he did , She was convicted for her neglect, and her Gross negligence. Had she given him a car that he used to kill others she would have been just as guilty.
And honestly, parents need to be held accountable for their actions, lack of actions and enablement of their children. Period.

I lost my dad to cancer when I was nine. It was just my mom and me. She raised me, adolescent and teen in the 70's, she ruled with an iron fist and actual physical punishment. And here I am, no encounters with the police, no record, no substance abuses. She did good. Parents today should do so well…

If a parent buys their 16yr old a car and they go out to a party and drink and drive and kill someone should the parents be held accountable for the teens crime?

Last Edited:
"Jennifer Crumbley convicted of involuntary manslaughter over son's school shooting"
What are the ramifications for gun owners from this conviction?

F7tQqJHW0AAmNJo.jpg

Person "A" commits a crime. Person "B" get in trouble. Nope. Come up with all the excuses you want, that is wrong. Key fobs, kitchen knives, an unlocked door, chemicals under the sink, gas cans in the garage, pets, endless lists.........not even a coversation, except now it's a "gun". Oh, the evil dreaded gun. So now we debate. Amazing to watch people fall for these simple traps.
I've yet to read the story, but I must concur with you, here. So many weaponry to be had, both at home & or school. More gun grabbing tyranny tactics :s0090:
This bubblegum show gun grabbing that's been accelerated at warp speeds, can be easily avoided.
Stop warmongering & funding of the such. Install metal detection at every school entry.
I'm sure many a men & women alike, especially veteran's like myself, would & could man the entry & detectors:s0100::s0012:
He'll, I'd volunteer at least 1 day a week, but I'd also not refuse, say a grocery getting card, either :s0147::s0163::s0067:

Last Edited:
If a parent buys their 16yr old a car and they go out to a party and drink and drive and kill someone should the parents be held accountable for the teens crime?
Let's make the hypothetical match this case. The son causes disturbances at school. The school calls the parents. The parents go to the school and see their child's journal where he writes about his own insanity and that he plans to get drunk and run people over with his parents' car. There are pictures in his journal of him running over pedestrians. The parents do not take him home, do not take his keys away.

I've yet to read the story, but I must concur with you, here. So many weaponry to be had, both at home & or school. More gun grabbing tyranny tactics :s0090:
This bubblegum show gun grabbing that's been accelerated at warp speeds, can be easily avoided.
Stop warmongering & funding of the such. Install metal detection at every school entry.
I'm sure many a men & women alike, especially veterans, would & could man the entry & detectiors:s0100::s0012:
He'll, I'd volunteer at least 1 day a week, but I'd also not refuse, say a grocery getting card, either :s0147::s0163::s0067:
He'll = Hell, I'd volunteer...

Let's make the hypothetical match this case. The son causes disturbances at school. The school calls the parents. The parents go to the school and see their child's journal where he writes about his own insanity and that he plans to get drunk and run people over with his parents' car. There are pictures in his journal of him running over pedestrians. The parents do not take him home, do not take his keys away.
This is a fair point, so then what level of bad parenting should be held accountable by the parent?

Clearly the Crumbleys were bad parents they didn't even know their own sons mental illness, I have no sympathy for what their neglect brought on themselves. But then it goes back to my original question, what ramifications does this case law set precedence for? How do we know this case law will only be used on severely obvious gross negligent parents like the Crumbleys?
It sounds like so far the majority in this thread support holding parents accountable for crimes their kids do with guns. Im just curious how that affects second amendment rights?

This is a fair point, so then what level of bad parenting should be held accountable by the parent?

Clearly the Crumbleys were bad parents they didn't even know their own sons mental illness, I have no sympathy for what their neglect brought on themselves. But then it goes back to my original question, what ramifications does this case law set precedence for? How do we know this case law will only be used on severely obvious gross negligent parents like the Crumbleys?
It sounds like so far the majority in this thread support holding parents accountable for crimes their kids do with guns. Im just curious how that affects second amendment rights?
But then again, shouldn't the school be just as guilty :s0092:
I went to middle school quite a few decades ago.
We had nurses, social worker's &.... & armed city policeman roaming our halls:s0100::s0012::s0029:

But then again, shouldn't the school be just as guilty :s0092:
I went to middle school quite a few decades ago.
We had nurses, social worker's &.... & armed city policeman roaming our halls:s0100::s0012::s0029:
In this story the school did their part notifying the parents and asking to send him home that day. The full blame does land on the parents here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top