JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. You saw that.

Aloha, Mark
I saw that the first time around, too. I had to rewind to be sure, but it was clear that the first responding officer continued to fire after the perp tossed out his gun.

Saw that, too. When he came back, though, he kept checking his noggin and looking for blood, like he had been hit. When I reviewed the video, it did not appear that it was the perp at all that might have hit him. I suspect he caught a ricochet off the brick wall from a round fired by the young officer at the far right of the screen when the shooting started. Just my best guess on that...

Last Edited:
He was given commands that he didn't follow, officer attempted to taser (Non-Lethal), suspect reached as officer approached. Suspect gave them no choice IMO.

I saw that the first time around, too. I had to rewind to be sure, but it was clear that the first responding officer continued to fire after the perp tossed out his gun.
Did he toss the gun or did he just drop it? he was shooting as fast as he could on his way down. It seemed like he took all body shots but one could have hit the hand or the arm.

0:45 - 0:59....

Responding backup officer "Ron" is told via HT that suspect weapon is in back pocket.

Backup "Ron" immediately issues confusing "put the gun down" order at 0:48.... conflicting with primary officer's "don't touch the gun" commands.

0:58 subject expresses confusion...lawyer bait.

Didn't follow repeated orders to get down on his knees, and they gave him plenty of chances to do so. Then he reaches for a gun and aims at the officers (couldn't tell if he actually got a shot off). Either way, it's a good shoot and is exactly what happens when you pull guns on the cops.

Didn't follow repeated orders to get down on his knees, and they gave him plenty of chances to do so. Then he reaches for a gun and aims at the officers (couldn't tell if he actually got a shot off). Either way, it's a good shoot and is exactly what happens when you pull guns on the cops.

It kinda looked like he got off a shot, but hard to tell.

It was clean either way.

Good shoot from what I can see, but...

Looked like cop on right never fired a shot. He should have been the first one with the view he had. Cop on far left looked like he just ran. Probably took a ricochet or debris spray from the center cop as he kept checking his head after he came back into view. It looked to me like the center cop with the tazer is who took the suspect down initially, then swapped out the tazer for his pistol.

I was watching without sound as everybody else around here is asleep, but I kept wondering why the cop with the tazer didn't order the suspect facing and up against the wall. If he didn't comply with that use the tazer right now. I notice one bullet hit the glass door to the left, so maybe the cop on the right got a shot off, but the two flanking officers were pretty useless and were pretty much doing the circular firing squad thing. Poor training. Correct me if I'm wrong. Again, viewing without sound.

Its an example of how everyone has a plan until the rubber hits the road. Bad stuff happens and the situation is never ideal. It can be unfair to judge how something went down or the training because its not a classroom or on a rectangular range.

It seems to be fairly textbook to me. Bad guy with a gun, refusing to cooperate. Pulls gun after being tased.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top