JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, it was sort of a trick question.

Because, it's not only about the initial, "when to start shooting." But, it's also about knowing when to stop. You know....claims of excessive use of force.

Aloha, Mark

Actually, it was sort of a trick question.

Because, it's not only about the initial, "when to start shooting." But, it's also about knowing when to stop. You know....claims of excessive use of force.

Aloha, Mark

There is nothing beyond lethal force. Lethal force is deadly, and you train to stop the threat. You stop shooting when the threat is eliminated. Even when tased and shot, the subject refused to relinquish his firearm. Keep shooting until he's dead.

Had to watch that over a couple times. Did I imagine it, or did that perp actually say to the officer "What are you gonna do, shoot me? I'm black" as if that is some kind of magical armor against bullets or something. What a sad, sad product of our defunct society. Another criminal bites the dust.

Good shoot. But...

This shows a lack of training of the officers. No use of cover, just standing in the open mostly across from each other. They knew he had a gun rolling up and approached with handguns, why not grab a shotgun? Now, what kind of trauma first aid can they apply to keep the blood inside this guy?

No use of cover, just standing in the open
Probably not so much of a lack of training as to the the proven psychological inner need for a person to step in and take control in a crisis situation. It's seen over and over and has resulted in injury and death of the responder which could have been avoided by utilizing cover & concealment, usually available.
As far as the 'shoot' - does it get any better than this? Suspect will not comply when given the opportunity and draws.
Too many shots? Looked like enough were taken to 'neutralize the threat'

The entitled viewpoint and demeanor only works in so many situations. This guy forgot he wasn't the big fish in this situation. Furthermore it shows a clearly broken system if the assumption is that as a result of skin tone, Police will fear using lethal force due to political pressure.

Only a moron with no experience would claim that exessive force was used. The perp had a gun, failed numerous times to respond to a lawful order, could have easily survived this, but instead decided to attempt to fight the police and draw the gun, now that the perp has shown a desire to draw the gun, even when the perp was on the ground he could have shot the officers, if you attempt to draw on an officer you have threatened them with lethal force and they must respond in kind.

Did you see how high some of that blood spray went? Rather amazing.

Last time I checked as civilians we do not have the legal authority to tell police officers what to do or how they will be allowed to deal with us when they give us an order. Even if you don't agree with the order, that can be handled in court. You're not going to win any court case resisting an officer though unless the officer is attempting to commit a flagrantly illegal act upon you and there are reliable witnesses to corroborate and testify. Video evidence is better.

He can resist arrest and not comply all he wants. The police are trained to deal with people who won't follow commands and who resist.

His mistake was reaching for the gun. Real stupid and made it justifiable. He was 3ven trying to conceal the draw as he turned that direction so his draw side was facing the building.

Good shoot.

Watch the video again. This time....think like a slimy lawyer or one of those #BlackLivesMatter people. Clue: 01:18

Mind you that, I'm NOT making/or attempting to make a judgement here. It's for you to think about it.

Aloha, Mark

Just on the face of it without knowing all the facts, I would have to say that was a good shoot... I believe that I saw a pistol in the subject's hand when the shooting started... part of the action was hidden by cop #2.. which is one reason hat cams are a good idea, imo.... Too bad more of this wasnt posted. While I type this I feel the old adrenaline rush :eek: I havent felt in several years... Not going to second-guess the officers and the situation, but I agree, I would (probably) have exited the vehicle with the shotgun, depending on the run-up and the info dispatch gave the officers... we are only treated to part of the situation.

Watch the video again. This time....think like a slimy lawyer or one of those #BlackLivesMatter people. Clue: 01:18

Mind you that, I'm NOT making/or attempting to make a judgement here. It's for you to think about it.

Aloha, Mark

The first responding officer kept firing when he could have quit! Adrenaline is an amazing thing. Not justifying it just saying we weren't there and he had to deal with this guy much longer than the rest of the officer's.

A few thoughts.

"I am not going to tell you again"

I understand it is a stressful situation, but those are empty threats.

The talking officer let the perp lower his hands - he should have immediately had the perp keep his hands on his head - something like "put your hands back on your head! if you lower your hands you are likely to get shot!"

And yes, each of the officers probably should have used cover. The one that did when the shooting started put himself in the line of fire by the one closest to the cam - not sure if that officer sought cover when the shooting started as the officer went out of view.

The idiot perp drew his gun. That was stupid - obviously - there is no way he was going to win with against three cops with their guns drawn and pointed at him. Now he is probably dead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top