JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about getting a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. Smart money is on me trying it before I commit to purchase. Can't seem to find any local range that has one for rent. Failing that, if anyone who has one would be willing to meet up and let me try theirs I would obviously pay/source ammo and compensate for time.

Thinking about getting a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. Smart money is on me trying it before I commit to purchase. Can't seem to find any local range that has one for rent. Failing that, if anyone who has one would be willing to meet up and let me try theirs I would obviously pay/source ammo and compensate for time.
I can help you with that. Mine is a 7.5 inch barrel.

It kicks alright, no matter which way you slice it. I cannot shoot a full cylinder of ammo but cannot seem to want to give it up yet. We'll see how you do. :)

The .454 Casull doesn't have to be completely brutal. I've not shot this gun a lot but loaded up some ammo last week on my day off work. The first picture below shows my target from shooting the Ruger Alaskan off-hand at 25'. I don't claim to be Wyatt Earp, but the 1.25" group was quite satisfying to see from a snubbie .454. Recoil was very noticeable but not extreme.
The next day, however, I decided to load up some 300gr XTP's and it was a WHOLE 'nuther ballgame. The recoil from that load will more than satisfy most guys' craving for a punch. While the 2nd picture shows a fireball from that load (in broad daylight, no less), we won't be posting pictures of the target from that session. :rolleyes:

Target, 6-20-23, specs.jpg Hornady 300gr XTP, 29gr H-110.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top