JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want this:

EEAA9ED5-E16C-4DC8-9C8A-7EED203D065C.jpeg

There are some tangible benefits for using a carbine, but I've seen the aftermath of a slug to the head. It definitely makes a statement to all who get to take a peek.

In regards to shotgun patterns...

In my experience its best to try different loads , at different distances , to see what the pattern looks like when shot with your shotgun....And not to totally rely on the manufacturers specs or someones review...all we really know from those is how it worked in the shotgun that was tested / used....not how it work from your shotgun.

As for the Shockwave / Tac-14 series of guns....I like the idea of them...I really don't have a use for one...but I'd love to shoot one sometime....:D
Andy

In regards to shotgun patterns...

In my experience its best to try different loads , at different distances , to see what the pattern looks like when shot with your shotgun....And not to totally rely on the manufacturers specs or someones review...all we really know from those is how it worked in the shotgun that was tested / used....not how it work from your shotgun.

As for the Shockwave / Tac-14 series of guns....I like the idea of them...I really don't have a use for one...but I'd love to shoot one sometime....:D
Andy
With aguila mini slugs they remind me of a vastly scaled up 45acp. With a 3 inch slug, it felt like my tendons were being stretched and in danger of ripping. My use for them is fun. But no more 3 inch slugs for me.

With aguila mini slugs they remind me of a vastly scaled up 45acp. With a 3 inch slug, it felt like my tendons were being stretched and in danger of ripping. My use for them is fun. But no more 3 inch slugs for me.
First time I shot a Shockwave I thought "Man that's a lot more recoil than I expected". Then, after taking a closer look a the boxes, switched from #4 to #7 1/2. :rolleyes:

If you hold the gun right, you can shoot low recoil buckshot or mini shells in slug or buckshot pretty comfortably. It worked best for me when I held the gun to my strong side (away from the ribs) and pulled gently backward with my weak hand. More muzzle rise, but less felt recoil. I could probably shoot standard buckshot under duress, but I'm not even going to try 3" slugs.

First time I shot a Shockwave I thought "Man that's a lot more recoil than I expected". Then, after taking a closer look a the boxes, switched from #4 to #7 1/2. :rolleyes:

If you hold the gun right, you can shoot low recoil buckshot or mini shells in slug or buckshot pretty comfortably. It worked best for me when I held the gun to my strong side (away from the ribs) and pulled gently backward with my weak hand. More muzzle rise, but less felt recoil. I could probably shoot standard buckshot under duress, but I'm not even going to try 3" slugs.
I shoot lots of mini slugs with the raptor grip in my left looking down the barrel and my right hand on the pump. Full size buck isn't too bad.

From The Road Warrior, to Terminator, to Romancing the Stone, and others, Hollywood has made the sawed off nearly mythical.

The reality is far different. It excels at nothing other than concealability, or portability. How often are you needing to conceal your 12 ga?

Overall length is equivalent when properly aimed. They have more recoil, noise, worse accuracy, wider patterns, less power, less range, slower followups, lower capacity, greater chances of short shucking due to no countershoulder pressure, etc. And increased risk of shooting yourself.

As for intimidation factor, irrelevant. But of the two a full size riot gun with extended magazine is far more formidable than a shorty with a 3 round tube.

No thanks, unless I start a covert personal security business...

1) The Raptor type blunderbuss is the ultimate J.O. (euphemism for making love alone) gun. Whether pump or S.A. they are totally useless for anything. If I need to launch buckshot in SD I want a stock and the 1st round to be #000 3". A plain vanilla Persuader works real well.
2) Three inch "magnum" buck is substantially more recoil than 2.75" - especially in a Shockwave.
Yup. I'm sure that it wouldn't take too many rounds to really aggravate my already arthritic hands.
3) They really are sexy. :eek:

1) The Raptor type blunderbuss is the ultimate J.O. (euphemism for making love alone) gun. Whether pump or S.A. they are totally useless for anything. If I need to launch buckshot in SD I want a stock and the 1st round to be #000 3". A plain vanilla Persuader works real well.
2) Three inch "magnum" buck is substantially more recoil than 2.75" - especially in a Shockwave.
Yup. I'm sure that it wouldn't take too many rounds to really aggravate my already arthritic hands.
3) They really are sexy. :eek:

I didn't think much of the Shockwave at first. Thought they were a gimmick. Then I realized that they might be useful as a truck gun. So I bought one - it happened to have an arm brace. I found it a lot more handy than my heavy Mossberg bullpup of about the same OAL. With the arm brace it is a nice light handy and relatively short 'blaster'.

I bought another and replaced the raptor grip with a Knox Breacher's Grip (has a spring in it to help with recoil). This grip is a pistol grip, but because of the spring/etc., it keeps the OAL at just a smidgen over 26 inches. It is handier than an arm brace, but not as good with recoil. With 2.75" 00 buckshot it is quite controllable.

With 3 inch buckshot loads, another thing altogether; you really need to hang onto the fore-grip. That said, I feel I can control it with the 3 inch loads - not sure at whether in ten years that will still be true though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top